Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Anyone Been To Hell?

_Only

I'm having a little trouble comprehending how these people who claim to have been to hell explain this. If Hell is a place for sinners and truly evil people, a place which is supposedly full of torment and pain, and is supposed to be eternal, how were they so lucky to have only had to visit. How, among the billions of people on the planet, did these folks just get a day pass?

and not only did they get their free pass, but they didnt Bring Back any souvenirs.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Pauly Dangerously

• markprice

• maximaldecimal

and not only did they get their free pass, but they didnt Bring Back any souvenirs.

Oh wow, I never thought of that; should have grabbed something, but I don't think I saw any loose items. Everything is connected, as far as I could tell. Wasn't it Dante who had a free pass? I wasn't so lucky; I paid.

So I went to a rehab 4 years ago, and one day we had a group where everyone had to write down their deepest secrets, put them in a hat, and then they would be read out loud anonymously. I know, it's a horrible idea for many reasons, but anyway...

One of the cards read out loud said "I'm extremely afraid to be alone in the dark". And some people kind of laughed (I said it was a bad idea didn't I?). Well, in a group the next day, the person who wrote that came out and said they did because they were hurt how people were laughing, and he proceeded to explain a hell of a lot more.

Well, he was an 18 or 19 year old boy who was extremely scared to be alone in the dark because he was constantly being tortured by seeing demonic creatures in his room or all through his house whenever he was alone. Like when he would lay awake in bed trying to go to sleep, ghosts and stuff would constantly be walking past and in his room and even these scaly looking things would touch him. Whenever he is alone in his house doors open and close right in front of him, and once he heard a voice laughing at him as he tried to open an unlocked door and some force kept pulling it back. :blink:

Anyway, you can see after he started telling the group this it pretty much took over the group topic. We talked about it and asked him questions for probably over half an hour. So about halfway through, he told us something which I find very interesting. He said when he was 4 he drowned in a swimming pool. I can't remember the exact details of how long he was clinically "dead" before being revived and I don't want to argue over semantics on what "dead" actually is. But he said after trying to swim back to the top, he felt a "weird feeling" and then he was in a place of extreme darkness. I say extreme darkness because that's what he put a lot of emphasis in. He kept saying "it was darker than the darkest black you can think of". He said he had the worst feeling ever and wanted more than anything to get out. He was also extremely scared because he could hear multiple people laughing at him.

Well, obviously, he was eventually revived, and never forgot the experience. He said ever since, he's been tormented by weird things when he's alone, and that was the reason he was so scared to be alone in the dark. That's even why he said he decided to join the Coast Guard, so he wouldn't have to sleep alone.

The whole story blew me away, and was the sole reason for me getting interested in paranormal stuff, and eventually signing up to this site. That was the 1st time I actually met someone in real life who actually experienced this stuff, and not just some intervew on TV or people posting on a site like this. And it hit me so hard because, I don't know if you've been to rehab, but it's where people get the most "real" and bonded I've ever seen strangers get with eachother, and that's what gave him the courage to talk about this with the group, when normally he would be extremely embarassed to tell anyone about it.

One of the big questions I had after hearing it though was, did he go to Hell? I researched a lot of stuff after hearing the story and almost all other people who have a near-death experience say they go to a place of light and feel love. But his was the exact opposite, so would you think that would be Hell? And another big question, why the hell (no pun intended) would a 4 year old go to Hell??

So I doubt any people here have actually "died" before, but maybe you have heard from someone somewhere who experienced the same thing when they had a near-death experience. And if so, did that person also get tormented from that day on?

There are a lot of NDE reports of people having bad experiences as well as good such as feeling dark and malevolent presences and utter darkness so your friend is not alone in this experience. I wonder if him being clinically dead had some effect on his brain causing recurring hallucinations upon sleeping.

I used to work with people who had suffered brain injuries and one gentleman (without going into detail for confidentiality etc) was clinically dead after a motorcycle crash and was revived where he spoke of being surrounded by ghosts whilst in his hospital bed. This would become a recurring thing for him and caused great difficulty sleeping.

This sounds a similar case but i still keep an open mind to all possibilities.

Oh wow, I never thought of that; should have grabbed something, but I don't think I saw any loose items. Everything is connected, as far as I could tell. Wasn't it Dante who had a free pass? I wasn't so lucky; I paid.

The Inferno is fiction. You are claiming your story is a fact. That it actually happened.

your pineal gland produces DMT which is released during a very tramatic experience or when your about to die. maybe stress caused him to feel like this? the DMT gives you a halucination that seems just like reality. as for the things happening when hes alone, i have no idea about the door slamming and stuff but I would explain the visions as a halucination. idk I guess

You're right. The question I give then is to twist it around. Why does our body produce DMT? Shamans and soothsayers around the world through all time have taken outside sources of DMT to have spiritual experiences. I guess my question is do you think DMT is really causing a hallucination, or allowing you to pass through some unknown veil to a different dimension/reality/whatever? Or is that reall just the same thing? And reality can only really be described as what we percieve in our brain, so wouldn't a "hallucination", then, be reality? Because we are simply percieving it in our brain. The only way we think hallucinations aren't real is because other people who didn't percieve your hallucination say it's not real.

Edited by Jerry Only

It's not that hallucinations aren't real, they just aren't valid as a case in point. They happen, but they aren't useful as a means of proving or disproving the existence of what was seen as part of the hallucination. Philosophically, it would be wonderful if we could accept what people experience as evidence of it's existence, but where we stand now in science and understanding, if you're the only one who saw it, that doesn't add up to anything. There has to be tangible evidence that can be qualified and quantified. Sure, maybe people really are seeing heaven and hell and dead relatives and whatever, but unless we can see it and touch it, smell it, taste it, test it's chemistry and atomic structure, sadly then they are and forever will be just stories.

I myself have been to Hell. After, I saw black images/figures and the Devil. :devil:

I myself have been to Hell. After, I saw black images/figures and the Devil. :devil:

Really? What happened? How did you end up there?

I've been to a place far worse than Hell. I've been through Heathrow Airport. Seriously though, distressed or mentally ill people are often quite convinced of paranormal activity around them. Judging from the context of the story it is fair to assume one or the other was true of the teller.

:lol:

It is far better than Indira Gandhi International Airport believe me!

The Inferno is fiction. You are claiming your story is a fact. That it actually happened.

Not really, for me to claim something as fact I would need to be able to prove it. This is a subjective experience shared by many people all over the world, and not a conscious process of imagination either.

Edited by markprice

Not really, for me to claim something as fact I would need to be able to prove it. This is a subjective experience shared by many people all over the world, and not a conscious process of imagination either.

Semantics aside, either it happened or it didn't. It's either an event that took place in the real world, or it happened in your head. Without any proof, or any type of supporting evidence, it's still just a story. I'm not doubting you experienced something, and if all that you are saying is that you had an experience that's all well and good. However it doesn't lead to any new lines of thought or open up any type of conversation. Plenty of people tell stories and don't offer any type of evidence or even a theory on what happened. It's just the same story, " I went to hell( or am a vampire, or know someone who is a werewolf, or was possessed), and it happened and i don't care if you believe me because you are just unenlightened." But in the end, it's still just a story. When you state somethhing that big, people are going to want to know details, and yet that is what is always lacking. No explanation, just "Take my word for it." Sadly, I and many like me, can't just take someones word on something like that. You went to the park with a friend, i have no reason to doubt that, you have nothing to gain from telling that, whether it's true or not. You say you went to HELL, yes it would be nice to have something other than your word.

...no you havent.

Semantics aside, either it happened or it didn't. It's either an event that took place in the real world, or it happened in your head. Without any proof, or any type of supporting evidence, it's still just a story. I'm not doubting you experienced something, and if all that you are saying is that you had an experience that's all well and good. However it doesn't lead to any new lines of thought or open up any type of conversation. Plenty of people tell stories and don't offer any type of evidence or even a theory on what happened. It's just the same story, " I went to hell( or am a vampire, or know someone who is a werewolf, or was possessed), and it happened and i don't care if you believe me because you are just unenlightened." But in the end, it's still just a story. When you state somethhing that big, people are going to want to know details, and yet that is what is always lacking. No explanation, just "Take my word for it." Sadly, I and many like me, can't just take someones word on something like that. You went to the park with a friend, i have no reason to doubt that, you have nothing to gain from telling that, whether it's true or not. You say you went to HELL, yes it would be nice to have something other than your word.

Stop.....Helltime: just walking through the house, I stopped, closed my eyes and saw flames, and then had to lay down on the couch because this was important. The flames continued as I felt myself falling. I fell through the flames for what probably amounted to only a few minutes in real time, but falling that lenght of time is quite a distance. Then like that 23minutesinHell guy (I had not heard of that book or done any serious research about this kind of thing at the time ) when I finally landed I was in some kind of dim holding chamber made of large roughly hewn stones. And that began my hell-journey, which lasted for months...

It's an alter-dimension of reality, if you will. Lol

• 1 month later...

When I was in my teens I once had a dream, if you want to look at it that way. A tunnel opened in a wall in my room and two spiney goblin like creature's came out and dragged a dream self of mine out of my body. I was still in my bed, but in my mind I was being dragged down the tunnel to a place of darkness. I decided that I did not want to go and worked up a lucid dream of my escape. In this lucid dream I took the form of an ogre and cast fireballs upon the goblins who were harassing me. These days I use lucid dreaming all the time. I do not have any proof however, that these things were not in my head. If they were they were a part of the subconcious for I could not control them only myself. So I think of them as demons rather than something in my head. I realize this cannot be proven, but it helps me sleep at night.

When I was in my teens I once had a dream, if you want to look at it that way. A tunnel opened in a wall in my room and two spiney goblin like creature's came out and dragged a dream self of mine out of my body. I was still in my bed, but in my mind I was being dragged down the tunnel to a place of darkness. I decided that I did not want to go and worked up a lucid dream of my escape. In this lucid dream I took the form of an ogre and cast fireballs upon the goblins who were harassing me. These days I use lucid dreaming all the time. I do not have any proof however, that these things were not in my head. If they were they were a part of the subconcious for I could not control them only myself. So I think of them as demons rather than something in my head. I realize this cannot be proven, but it helps me sleep at night.

That was 1 epic dream! :w00t::lol:

That was 1 epic dream! :w00t::lol:

I've dreampt about goblins all my life. I could chalk it up to seeing movie's like Gremlins and Goulies at a very young age. I eventually got to a point where I faught them in lucid dreams. Then as I got older I had to think, "Maybe they aren't all bad?" So I started trying to handle my nightmares on a case by case scenario. It actually helped thoroughly in dealing with my younger phobia of such things.

Some religions,(I'm thinking Fundamental Christian in the deep south), really lean on that 'Hell fire and Brimstone' kind of preaching. Those people take their children to church and they are subjected to that from birth. Then, it's reinforced at home. I have a friend (who's in his 40s), and he's been waking up with nightmares of going to hell and getting thrown into a lake of fire since he was a baby. KennyB

Some religions,(I'm thinking Fundamental Christian in the deep south), really lean on that 'Hell fire and Brimstone' kind of preaching. Those people take their children to church and they are subjected to that from birth. Then, it's reinforced at home. I have a friend (who's in his 40s), and he's been waking up with nightmares of going to hell and getting thrown into a lake of fire since he was a baby. KennyB

Even here in "liberal" northern California I learned in Sunday school that if we were bad we would go to a fiery place and be thrown into the lake of fire.

See, they put the fear of God in you, and you wind up with nightmares the rest of your life...

yes, however, once you grow up and realize that hell talk is all conditioned brainwashing life is good. break the conditioning and free yourselves.