Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post Your Fav Ghost Pics

SilverDolphin

Hiya Im new to the forum, i thought a good way to meet members was to post your favourite Ghost pictures and explain why.

Ive always been interested in the Paranormal, from a young age, this picture below was one of the first Ghost pictures i come across in a book ( The W.W.W. was not even a thought then,lol ) ive always been fascinated by it, and gave me a thirst to find more pictures and more information about Ghosts/spirits.

reverend_k_f_lord_monk_ghost_picture_photo-445x434.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, Welcome to UM.

Just like you, I was interested in the paranormal from a young age and would trawl through books in the library. This photo would usually be in there somewhere, but I don't understand why the "ghost" would have a piece of cloth over it's face? I don't believe this one to be genuine.

Personally, my favourite ghost photo is the Wem ghost girl.

I think a lot of the old photos are intriguing because they were taken at a time before you could scan any image into a computer and fiddle with it, with most of the new ones there is always the possibility that they have been tampered with.

My personal fav has always been The Brown Lady at Raynham Hall, England -

brown_lady_lg-1.jpg

Edited by SupeRgirl

I posted this photo on a thread here...but since you asked to post some here I will post it again for those interested. This photo is my great aunt...and a very weird face in the vines and leaves behind her. I noticed it last week while enlarging the photo to try and take the scratches out..the photo is old. Look to the right of her right shoulder and enlarge the photo for those like me that can't see well. :blush:

disclosure: I am not saying this is a ghost...elf...troll...nosferatu...I'm saying its 'weird'..you decide.

seax B)

post-73901-125276718917_thumb.jpg

mypic.jpg

Not a big version, but I've only been able to find a small copy online. This photo was taken at night in a old cemetery from the early 1800's, it was clear skies and there was no fog.

Thank You for the replies and welcome :D

SupeRgirl - The brown lady is another one of my favourite pictures, i share the same views as Regency, i like the really old pictures, its so easy now to photoshop pictures and there are alot of fakes about.

Seax - I looked at your picture yesterday, and thought it looked really eerie and authentic, do you know any History about the picture or your great Aunt?

Veledran - I like your picture too, I think anyone who has the cahonnies to go to a cemetery at night and take a picture, has alot of respect from me :unsure2:

This is another old favourite of mine. This picture below was taken by the man sitting in the drivers seat wife, and when the photo was developed, in the back seat was the wifes mother who had died not long before the picture was taken.

backseat-ghost.jpg

• Like 2

This is another old favourite of mine. This picture below was taken by the man sitting in the drivers seat wife, and when the photo was developed, in the back seat was the wifes mother who had died not long before the picture was taken.

*snipped image*

That picture frightened me LOL. I was looking through the back window to the back seats, thinking I couldn't see anything and then I looked at the person again and spilt coffee down myself. Cheers for that :P

• Like 1

Yeah, the mother in law in the backseat is another classic. I remember first seeing that when I was about 15 and it scared the life out of me, it's the way her eyes are glowing. Creepy.

Yeah, the mother in law in the backseat is another classic. I remember first seeing that when I was about 15 and it scared the life out of me, it's the way her eyes are glowing. Creepy.

I am 15 and I think I'll have nightmares now. Someone hold me? :cry:

And SilverDolphin, to who should I charge the bill for my therapy to? You can pay cash if that's easier. :P

Thank You for the replies and welcome :D

Seax - I looked at your picture yesterday, and thought it looked really eerie and authentic, do you know any History about the picture or your great Aunt?

Hello SilverDolphin,

No..not much..I inherited this photo when my aunt died along with a lot more old photos. All I know is her name is Gertrude...they were Dutch. No one is alive now that knows anymore about the photo.

best regards,

seax B)

Edited by seax

These are my 2 favorites. The first one is the ladies dead husband, and the second a airman who died in ww2 yet showed up for a photo shoot anyway.(correct me if I am wrong)

ghost_pictures_014.jpg

2vl1hn6.jpg

Edited by cpjason
  • Like 2

Libby - Erm Urm is that the time yawwwwwn :sleepy: , think happy thoughts... fairies, open meadows, Not SilverDolphins wallet,lol

Seax - That's a shame, there's always a story behind every picture, if you believe in Psychics/Mediums you should maybe take that pic along

cpjason - The first pic i seen along time ago and thought if you look at the woman, its like she's aware he is there, there is sadness in her, like she feels his energy around her

I posted this photo on a thread here...but since you asked to post some here I will post it again for those interested. This photo is my great aunt...and a very weird face in the vines and leaves behind her. I noticed it last week while enlarging the photo to try and take the scratches out..the photo is old. Look to the right of her right shoulder and enlarge the photo for those like me that can't see well. :blush:

disclosure: I am not saying this is a ghost...elf...troll...nosferatu...I'm saying its 'weird'..you decide.

seax B)

It's just a leave and a perfect example of "pareidolia", or the brain naturally making a meaningful pattern out of randomness. Sorry to be a buzzkill, wouldn't it be funny if it really was some curious bush troll? Heh.

By the way, I think your aunt in the photo totally looks like the ghost in the pic because the leaves behind her are bright colored, yet she is black and white. What the heck is up with that pic??? :blink:

"Seax - I looked at your picture yesterday, and thought it looked really eerie and authentic, do you know any History about the picture or your great Aunt?"

How did you get authentic from that? I can't be the only one that has noticed the woman and the background seem like 2 totally different pics put together. My question is why? I mean I didn't think cameras back then (judging by her clothes) could even show colors that lush in the background. But the colors of her are authentic of photos of the time (notice how her skin is a gray instead of flesh toned).

Argh! Every time I look at it it rises more questions, and every question that arises makes me look at it again! :wacko:

Edited by Jerry Only

backseat-ghost.jpg

How come every time I see that photo there is another different story behind it? Sometimes it's the man's dead father, his mother, the car's old owner, etc. Lol.

In reality, it's just another normal example of old photos. In old photos, things without a lot of light like faces and stuff get really distorted as this one shows with all the weird looking lines and shapes on the supposed "ghosts" face. Those distortions are a mixture of little bits of light and shadows. The old cameras kind of blur all of those details up and spit it back out on the picture. And the person (I'm sure alive and well) in the backseat was blocked from most of the light coming in by the guy in front of them. You can tell by seeing the direction the sunlight is hitting the man in front and the car door, and the place the person in back is sitting behind him. The glowing eye effect of the man (or woman, whatever lol) in the back is simply the only a bright part of the sunlight that reached them in the backseat that wasn't blocked by what was in front of him/her, with something probably up near the windshield making a shadow line in the middle of that small light (making that 1 blotch of sunlight seperate, thus looking like 2 glowing eyes. Those "glowing eyes" aren't even in the right spot on the person's face to be eyes, and are horribly mishapen. Those "eyes" are on the person's forehead. The persons real eyes are shadowed just underneath that little sunlight patch. In fact, you can even see with a keen eye 1 of of their real eyes showing as 1 side of their face had a light sunlight hitting it as that part of the sun wasn't as blocked from the man in front and was lightly lit.

If it was a newer color photo you'd be able to discern that a whole lot easier. But since it's a crappy old black and white photo it's a lot easier to misinterpret.

Edited by Jerry Only
  • Like 1

These are my 2 favorites. The first one is the ladies dead husband, and the second a airman who died in ww2 yet showed up for a photo shoot anyway.(correct me if I am wrong)

ghost_pictures_014.jpg

2vl1hn6.jpg

Umm... that 1st one totally looks like some normal guy (probably the old woman's very much alive husband) standing behind her with the bright sunlight behind him making him look a little blurry.

I've seen the 2nd one before. It's pretty cool, but hasn't that one already been debunked??

I'm really starting to sound like a total naysayer here heh. :innocent:

It's just a leave and a perfect example of "pareidolia", or the brain naturally making a meaningful pattern out of randomness. Sorry to be a buzzkill, wouldn't it be funny if it really was some curious bush troll? Heh.

By the way, I think your aunt in the photo totally looks like the ghost in the pic because the leaves behind her are bright colored, yet she is black and white. What the heck is up with that pic??? :blink:

"Seax - I looked at your picture yesterday, and thought it looked really eerie and authentic, do you know any History about the picture or your great Aunt?"

How did you get authentic from that? I can't be the only one that has noticed the woman and the background seem like 2 totally different pics put together. My question is why? I mean I didn't think cameras back then (judging by her clothes) could even show colors that lush in the background. But the colors of her are authentic of photos of the time (notice how her skin is a gray instead of flesh toned).

*EDIT* - Yeah, the color showing in the leaves wasn't even availible in pictures until many many years later:

"The first color plate, Autochrome, invented by the French Lumière brothers, reached the market in 1907. It was based on a 'screen-plate' filter made of dyed dots of potato starch, and was the only color film on the market until German Agfa introduced the similar Agfacolor in 1932. In 1935, American Kodak introduced the first modern ('integrated tri-pack') color film, Kodachrome, based on three colored emulsions. This was followed in 1936 by Agfa's Agfacolor Neue. Unlike the Kodachrome tri-pack process, the color couplers in Agfacolor Neue were integral with the emulsion layers, which greatly simplified the film processing. Most modern color films, except Kodachrome, are based on the Agfacolor Neue technology. Instant color film was introduced by Polaroid in 1963."

Argh! Every time I look at it it rises more questions, and every question that arises makes me look at it again! :wacko:

Edited by Jerry Only

Hey Jerry Only,

I was messing with the photo experimenting on putting color to it...I am posting the original photo that I have not tried to colorize.

Thanks for the input.

best regards,

seax B)

post-73901-125285114058_thumb.jpg

Hey Jerry Only,

I was messing with the photo experimenting on putting color to it...I am posting the original photo that I have not tried to colorize.

Thanks for the input.

best regards,

seax B)

Ok thanks, now I can put my spinning head to rest. :blush:

Umm... that 1st one totally looks like some normal guy (probably the old woman's very much alive husband) standing behind her with the bright sunlight behind him making him look a little blurry.

I've seen the 2nd one before. It's pretty cool, but hasn't that one already been debunked??

I'm really starting to sound like a total naysayer here heh. :innocent:

There is no conclusive evidence. No evidence of photoshop as far as I know, and these have been around forever. FBA's can take a real to life human form and look just like normal people. It is rare, but it can happen.

I haven't really done the research to prove or disprove but I have read many forum threads on these 2 pictures and have never seen a real explanation either way.

Edited by cpjason

ghost_pictures_014.jpg

2vl1hn6.jpg

Very impressive pictures!! I especially like the second one the face is so clear and the photo was taken many years before it became so easy to manipulate photographs via internet/computers etc. It doesnt rule out some sort of double exposure though but it dont look like one.

• 4 years later...

Another necropost.

Welcome to UM, you must be reading way in the archives. Most of the people in this thread haven't been around in a while because it's so old.

John Matthew DeFeo's ghost in the Amityville house. Look at those eyes!

amityvilleboyghost.jpg

• Like 2