Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post Your Fav Ghost Pics

SilverDolphin

The below is one of my favorites. It was first posted on Reddit, and although it's not exactly ghostly, it still scares me. The explanation is supposed to be as follows:

"This is about my Uncle. I think it was the late 70s or 80s; I cant remember which, but my uncle is old hes like 50 now. Anyway he took a trip to the Grand Canyon with his friends. They were driving along the grand canyon and stopped near this area with hedges/brush on the side of the canyon and decided to take one of your standard funny Grand Canyon pictures. They had a really funny idea; my uncle was to stand on the side of the canyon with a fishing rod and pretend to fish off the side of the canyon. So they ended up taking the picture, and shortly after packed up and drove off. So they took the roll to be developed and when they saw the picture they noticed something very strange. In the picture, not far behind my Uncle, was a man dressed in all black with pale white skin standing there in the brush just staring at the camera with a knowing smirk on his face. He said he and his two friends were in that spot for about 15 minutes. My Uncle and his friends claimed that they did not know this man, that they were the only ones in the spot, and the Grand Canyon was vacant of tourists at this time of year."

This is the link to the page where the picture was discussed and reviewed:http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/159kdp/what_is_an_extremely_darkcreepy_true_story_most/c7kitcgpost-145511-0-93026500-1392137413_thumb.

Edited by woodsbooger

John Matthew DeFeo's ghost in the Amityville house. Look at those eyes!

amityvilleboyghost.jpg

This is one of my favorites too.

Unfortunately it's just a kid wearing glasses which are reflecting the flash. When the negative was released, it was very obvious.

• Like 1

This is one of my favorites too.

Unfortunately it's just a kid wearing glasses which are reflecting the flash. When the negative was released, it was very obvious.

I heard it was taken during a ghost investigation and its possibly one of the investigators, Paul Bartz, standing on his knees with the glowing eyes due to infrared film.

http://newsfromthespiritworld.com/2012/04/07/ghostly-pics-amityville-ghost-boy/

Here's another one that always freaks me out:

zombie-road-ghost-children-woods--large-msg-121140565982.jpg

Taken at Zombie Road in Missouri.

• Like 1

amityvilleboyghost.jpg

Yeah, that's a good one.

Something I found neat- there's blown up versions of this of just the kid and stairs- and if you look between each of the spindles, each has a pareidolia of a face of some sort in it. Between the banister and spindle 1, a tiny full form something with dark hair on top. Spindle 1-2, a face in the bottom half. Spindle 2-3, a glowing eye with bottom jawline.

I'm not saying there's really other faces or things or anything like that between the spindles. Just that it's neat pareidolia that once you start looking how much else can pop up.

Also too, years ago I think I saw a color version of this photo and it scared the crap outta me:

wickedwitchghost.jpg

Anyone ever seen the original? It's from the Joshua Ward house in Salem.

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/ghastlyghostgallery/ghosts/wickedwitch.htm

• Like 2

Also too, years ago I think I saw a color version of this photo and it scared the crap outta me:

wickedwitchghost.jpg

Anyone ever seen the original? It's from the Joshua Ward house in Salem.

http://www.slightlyw...wickedwitch.htm

Haven't seen that one before. Spooky. Heh, sometimes necrothreads can bring new ghosts out of the woodwork for general entertainment :tu:

• Like 1

Haven't seen that one before. Spooky. Heh, sometimes necrothreads can bring new ghosts out of the woodwork for general entertainment :tu:

I think I saw it on some ghost show on tv but I coulda swore they showed a color version of it. I remember it saying some tourist lady was posing for a picture in the hallway and this thing completely blacked her out. :blink:

Figured out how to attach the picture easier:

0OMAL.jpg

The below is one of my favorites. It was first posted on Reddit, and although it's not exactly ghostly, it still scares me. The explanation is supposed to be as follows:

"This is about my Uncle. I think it was the late 70s or 80s; I cant remember which, but my uncle is old hes like 50 now. Anyway he took a trip to the Grand Canyon with his friends. They were driving along the grand canyon and stopped near this area with hedges/brush on the side of the canyon and decided to take one of your standard funny Grand Canyon pictures. They had a really funny idea; my uncle was to stand on the side of the canyon with a fishing rod and pretend to fish off the side of the canyon. So they ended up taking the picture, and shortly after packed up and drove off. So they took the roll to be developed and when they saw the picture they noticed something very strange. In the picture, not far behind my Uncle, was a man dressed in all black with pale white skin standing there in the brush just staring at the camera with a knowing smirk on his face. He said he and his two friends were in that spot for about 15 minutes. My Uncle and his friends claimed that they did not know this man, that they were the only ones in the spot, and the Grand Canyon was vacant of tourists at this time of year."

This is the link to the page where the picture was discussed and reviewed:http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/159kdp/what_is_an_extremely_darkcreepy_true_story_most/c7kitcgpost-145511-0-93026500-1392137413_thumb.

• Like 3

I can't help but go into skeptic mode when I hear a story like that.

The Grand Canyon was devoid of tourists at that time of year? Obviously not as the person's uncle and his friends were there. There's a blatant contradiction. Were they really the only person visiting one of the largest and most popular tourist attractions in the world?

This is a common tactic of ghost stories posted on the Internet which are suspiciously adamant about how their story can't be explained with the obvious explanation.

I wouldn't describe the guy in the hoodie as having "pale white skin" at least it's not unusual enough for it to stand out as being noteworthy.

• Like 1

The Grand Canyon was devoid of tourists at that time of year? Obviously not as the person's uncle and his friends were there. There's a blatant contradiction. Were they really the only person visiting one of the largest and most popular tourist attractions in the world?

This is a common tactic of ghost stories posted on the Internet which are suspiciously adamant about how their story can't be explained with the obvious explanation.

I wouldn't describe the guy in the hoodie as having "pale white skin" at least it's not unusual enough for it to stand out as being noteworthy.

I remember a thread made on here, ill look for it when I get home
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I love looking back on this thread, so many creepy photos!!!

• Like 1

amityvilleboyghost.jpg

now that's creepy that house is about 20 mins from me

http://www.reddit.co...ry_most/c7kitcg

vs

http://www.reddit.co...olve_a_mystery/

Verdict?

I don't know, but I know that cheygavara got the jump on ZombieGadaffi by 5 7 months with his story. Then again, Zombie posted his on Dec. 21, 2012, so wormholes could have been at play.

edit: months

Edited by _Only

I like the Grand Canyon photo. It is very creepy. I remember, back in secondary school in the early 80's, a friend of mine bought in a photograph of her and her siblings by their front door, on top of the ledge over the front door, was a man, in a jesters costume, smirking into the camera. That was the most terrifying photo I've seen, the girls seemed totally oblivious to what was going on, it was in the days before we had computers, it was a solid, paper, photograph. I hope one day it pops up on the internet.

• Like 1