Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hercolubus the planet of the end of the world

Sharil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• TheSearcher

• zach28

• Sharil

Oh no, not another one, or is this same one as Nibiru under yet another name?

ummmmm

this planet is not approaching earth.

at all.

you actually dont understand how Easily we would see this if it was real.

The Fiction :

V.M. Rabolu writes in Hercolubus or Red Planet that Barnard's star, is actually a planet known to the ancients as Hercolubus, which purportedly came dangerously close to earth in the past, destroying Atlantis.,Rabolu claims that Hercolubus will come close to earth again. He also claims that humanity will only be saved by means of mantras and "astral unfolding".

The Science :

Barnard's star has been directly measured, to be 5.98 ± 0.003 light years from Earth (35.15 trillion miles). It would need to be travelling at ten thousand miles a second, to reach Earth in less than a century. While it is true, it is approaching Earth, Barnard's Star will not make its closest approach to the Sun until around 11,700 AD, when it will approach to within some 3.8 light-years. This is only slightly closer than the closest star to the Sun (Proxima Centauri) lies today. Influence on earth, or the solar system = ZERO!!

The other planets of fiction :

Niburu : imagined or used by both Sitchin and Nancy Leider (although she has used Rabolu's ideas to bolster her claims).

Kolob : Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, claimed to reveal knowledge of a number of extrasolar objects through his examination of ancient religious documents.

Helatrobus : L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, proposed as part of his religious cosmology a Galactic Confederacy which consisted of 26 stars and 76 planets including Earth, which was then known as "Teegeeack". One planet in the Scientology doctrine is known as Helatrobus.

Lilith : In 1918, astrologer Walter Gornold, also known as "Sepharial," claimed to have confirmed the existence of a second moon. He named it Lilith and affirmed that it was indeed invisible for most of the time but claimed to have viewed it as it crossed the sun.

Rizq : An extrasolar planet in a trinary star system, believed by the followers of the Nuwaubian doctrine espoused by self-described contactee Dwight York, to have been the homeworld of the Anunaqi Eloheem.

Serpo : Based on the testimony of Betty and Barney Hill, it is believed that the alien civilization known as the Greys, derive from a planet orbiting the binary star Zeta Reticuli. Bob Lazar has claimed that the crashed UFO found at Area 51 is from that system. In 2005, ufologist Victor Martinez claimed to have unearthed evidence that the alien from the Roswell UFO crash of 1947 was eventually peacefully repatriated, which led to establishment of diplomatic relations with this planet, which was nicknamed Serpo.

Ummo : A planet believed by a number of UFO enthusiasts to be the place of origin for the Ummites, supposedly a group of extraterrestrials who composed a series of documents detailing their mission to study Earth's culture.

Actually there is more but I just added the most known ones. I swear I need to become Sci Fi writer, when I see how much they make and how easely they are believed.

Oh no, not another one, or is this same one as Nibiru under yet another name?

You're could be right 747400 and TheSearcher, the description of Hercolubus is very similar to Nibiru or Planet X, it can be the same planet under several names, I'm sure there are more names for it...as Barnard for example.

But as far as I've been investigating about the subject I got the intuition that this is not fiction at all though there are many people in the Net trying to make us think so...time will tell, but probably too late to know by then.

You're could be right 747400 and TheSearcher, the description of Hercolubus is very similar to Nibiru or Planet X, it can be the same planet under several names, I'm sure there are more names for it...as Barnard for example.

But as far as I've been investigating about the subject I got the intuition that this is not fiction at all though there are many people in the Net trying to make us think so...time will tell, but probably too late to know by then.

But there is no evidence of such an object. YOU COULD EVEN SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES. Space is empty. I can see the planet Jupiter every night, and could see the planets saturn mars and venus if I got up early enough in the morning...

no, it IS fiction.

sitchin helped start this whole thing based off of nothing but his wrong translations andlack of undertanding how the universe works and its physics.

Well for starters, Hercolubus can't be Barnard, for the reasons I explained in my earlier post. For it to be here in 2012, it would need to accelerate to a good fraction of lightspeed. Not possible, sorry.

Nibiru is a fabrication of Sitchin and Nancy Leider (whom predicted it first for 2003 and now said she was wrong and it's 2012). Now here are some facts as to why Nibiru cannot be true.

From the following link.

Firstly, though it is said that Nibiru is larger than Jupiter, let us be nice and just say that Nibiru is identical in mass to Jupiter- 1.8986*10^27 kilograms. If it were larger, things would be even worse for the Nibiru proponents.

Second, the mass of the sun is 1.9891*10^30 kilograms.

Now, let us think about how much force this would entail being applied between the sun and Nibiru at the perigee of Nibiru's orbit, which is about 1 AU (150 million km) in distance.

The formula used derive how much force two objects are applying on each other by gravity is F=G({m1*m2}/r^2), where G is the gravitational constant (6.67*10^-11) m^3 * kg^-1 * s^-2).

Below I will omit the units for the sake of clarity. The m^3 and the km cancel to produce kg/s with a difference to the exponents of -3 (in case you read the math below and were looking for the three missing digits).

So, let us plug in the numbers:

F=G({m1m2}/r^2)

F=[6.67*10^-11 * ({1.8986*10^27} * {1.9891*10^30})]/(150,000,

000^2)

F=(2.51896*10^45)/(2.25*10^16)

F=1.1952*10^44 N/s

That's 119520000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Newtons of force every second between Nibiru and the sun at its orbit.

But then you might ask, when objects slingshot around the sun, they move quite quickly, which is how they escape. After all, that is how comets escape, right?

Exactly right. Of course, comets do not have the added burden of being thousands of times the mass of our own planet, but that is exactly how they escape- they reach "escape velocity," or, the speed required to escape a gravity well.

So how fast would an object the size of Nibiru, moving in an elliptical orbit, be required to be traveling in order to escape the sun?

The formula for escape velocity is Vsec=[2*G*M/r]^1/2, or, the square root of [2*G*M/r] where G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass being dealt with, and r is the radius of a circle whose diameter is the distance between the objects.

Our G is 6.67*10^-11.

Our M is extracted from the N-M/kg from the first formula, so, 1.1952*10^44.

Our r is 1/2AU, so about 7.5*10^10 km.

Vsec=[2(6.67*10^-11)*(1.1952*10^44)/(7.5*10^10)]^(1/2)

Vsec=({1.5994*10^34}/{7.5*10^10})^(1/2)

Vsec=(2.2126*10^23)^(1/2)

Vsec=1.487*10^7 km/sec.

This means that Nibiru's escape velocity must be 14,870,000 kilometers per second.

To put this utter absurdity into perspective, this is NEARLY SEVEN TIMES THE SPEED OF LIGHT! If Nibiru were ever travelling even a tiny fraction of that speed, tidal forces would tear it apart. Its wake would vaporize the inner planets. This is ridiculous. Abandon this foolish belief- it is debunked NOW.

Then there is this website which takes care of both Nibiru and planet X. I'm sorry, there are just no indications or facts that show anything, from various sources. Not only people in the net as you say. There is no global conspiracy either, to hide all this from us, because god knows there are enough privatly owned telescopes that screen the skies every night.

To put this utter absurdity into perspective, this is NEARLY SEVEN TIMES THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

This of course explains why we can't see it, it's traveling too fast.

haha wow this really takes me back to the good ol' days. i heard of hercolobus when i was in the 6th grade and it was supposed to destroy earth that same year, i'm 22 yrs old now so i guess hercolobus got lost on his way to earth, or maybe he took a wrong turn at albaquerque, i remember "psychics" talking about it lol

To put this utter absurdity into perspective, this is NEARLY SEVEN TIMES THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

:P Mr Smartypants, he he he

haha wow this really takes me back to the good ol' days. i heard of hercolobus when i was in the 6th grade and it was supposed to destroy earth that same year, i'm 22 yrs old now so i guess hercolobus got lost on his way to earth, or maybe he took a wrong turn at albaquerque, i remember "psychics" talking about it lol

I'll refer you to the above mentioned Mr. Smartypants, we can't see it because it's going too fast :lol:

I think Pluto should come hit us just to get back at us. Pluto is a planet. lol

I think Pluto should come hit us just to get back at us. Pluto is a planet. lol

Ok you get the name Mrs Smartypants :w00t::lol::w00t:

lol

pluto.jpg

it works lol

Something tells me your critical thinking skills aren't up to much.

pluto.jpg

it works lol

thats friggin awesome lol

*Head Desk*

*Head Desk*

*Head Desk*

SCIENCE DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.

Your desk must be wrecked reading some of the posts here...haha :rolleyes:

Can't beat logic....haha

Intuitive investigation? Huh?? Wassat?

From the following link.

The formula used derive how much force two objects are applying on each other by gravity is F=G({m1*m2}/r^2), where G is the gravitational constant (6.67*10^-11) m^3 * kg^-1 * s^-2).

So, let us plug in the numbers:

F=G({m1m2}/r^2)

F=[6.67*10^-11 * ({1.8986*10^27} * {1.9891*10^30})]/(150,000,

000^2)

F=(2.51896*10^45)/(2.25*10^16)

F=1.1952*10^44 N/s

That's 119520000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Newtons of force every second between Nibiru and the sun at its orbit.

So how fast would an object the size of Nibiru, moving in an elliptical orbit, be required to be traveling in order to escape the sun?

The formula for escape velocity is Vsec=[2*G*M/r]^1/2, or, the square root of [2*G*M/r] where G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass being dealt with, and r is the radius of a circle whose diameter is the distance between the objects.

Our G is 6.67*10^-11.

Our M is extracted from the N-M/kg from the first formula, so, 1.1952*10^44.

Our r is 1/2AU, so about 7.5*10^10 km.

Vsec=[2(6.67*10^-11)*(1.1952*10^44)/(7.5*10^10)]^(1/2)

Vsec=({1.5994*10^34}/{7.5*10^10})^(1/2)

Vsec=(2.2126*10^23)^(1/2)

Vsec=1.487*10^7 km/sec.

This means that Nibiru's escape velocity must be 14,870,000 kilometers per second.

Sorry, but as an (among many other nerdinesses) astronomy nerd I have to take issue with this. The math here is incorrect.

While the Herclobus nonsense is INDEED nonsense, the math presented here is fundamentally flawed in three ways. First, SOMEHOW the mass of the sun was increased from around 2*10^30 kilograms by 14 orders of magnitude in the escape velocity calculation. Second, the calculations were done with the radii (always found in the denominators) in KILOMETERS instead of METERS, increasing the figure of the force between them by a factor of 1,000,000 and the escape velocity by (1000)^(1/2). Third, something terrible happened to the units in the force calculation - I'm not even sure what a newton per second even means.

Corrected calculations:

Force between them:

F= G M1 M2 / (R^2)

= [6.67*10^-11 * ({1.8986*10^27} * {1.9891*10^30})]/(150,000,000,000^2)

=1.119*10^25 N = 11190000000000000000000000 N

Escape Velocity:

VEsc = [(2*G*M1)/R]^(1/2)

=[2 * (6.67*10^-11) * (1.9891*10^30) / 150,000,000,000]^(1/2)

=42059 m/s = 42 km/s

The bad math jumped right out at me, sorry, I HAD to correct it. One must always remain skeptical and think critically about what one reads - think about it, if something couldn't escape the sun at a distance of one AU, it would mean the sun was a black hole with at least that radius!

Very important to note though -this does NOTHING to lend credit to the Herclobus nonsense though - were something like this out there one could see it with their own eyes, possibly IN DAYLIGHT.

Edited by Torgo

Sorry, but as an (among many other nerdinesses) astronomy nerd I have to take issue with this. The math here is incorrect.

While the Herclobus nonsense is INDEED nonsense, the math presented here is fundamentally flawed in three ways. First, SOMEHOW the mass of the sun was increased from around 2*10^30 kilograms by 14 orders of magnitude in the escape velocity calculation. Second, the calculations were done with the radii (always found in the denominators) in KILOMETERS instead of METERS, increasing the figure of the force between them by a factor of 1,000,000 and the escape velocity by (1000)^(1/2). Third, something terrible happened to the units in the force calculation - I'm not even sure what a newton per second even means.

Corrected calculations:

Force between them:

F= G M1 M2 / (R^2)

= [6.67*10^-11 * ({1.8986*10^27} * {1.9891*10^30})]/(150,000,000,000^2)

=1.119*10^25 N = 11190000000000000000000000 N

Escape Velocity:

VEsc = [(2*G*M1)/R]^(1/2)

=[2 * (6.67*10^-11) * (1.9891*10^30) / 150,000,000,000]^(1/2)

=42059 m/s = 42 km/s

The bad math jumped right out at me, sorry, I HAD to correct it. One must always remain skeptical and think critically about what one reads - think about it, if something couldn't escape the sun at a distance of one AU, it would mean the sun was a black hole with at least that radius!

Very important to note though -this does NOTHING to lend credit to the Herclobus nonsense though - were something like this out there one could see it with their own eyes, possibly IN DAYLIGHT.

Fair enough, math at this level is not my best subject, so I didn't see the errors there. My bad, I didn't verify the numbers either. I write this down to laziness on my part, having to repeat over and over the same thing.

But like you say, this still does not validate the Hercolubuc nonsense in any way. It still is impossible.