Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Child-bride, 12, dies in Yemen

chemical-licker

Muhammad did the wrong thing in having sex with a child. Muslims have to answer for their continued support for Muhammad because he transgresses their standards. When children are allowed to be used for sex then that is sexual exploitation! So I ask >>why do they support the establishment and creator of a system that sanctions the sexual exploitation/abuse of young girls/children?

Surely you all realize that for these children there are very painful consequences/ramifications behind (the beloved & merciful) Muhammad’s action. They need to be discussed in detail/context. An offensive man who is guilty of very offensive behaviour needs to be discussed and may offend some who hold the merciful/beloved one in high regard. :blink::wacko:

You can't really compare society 1500 years ago to now, it is meaningless. Have for example checked the age of Juliet in Romeo and Juliet? This is something that was not exactly uncommon practice.

It is not something you expect now but you can't apply modern thinking and morality back a millennia and a half ago.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momentarylapseofreason

• Mattshark

• Bill Hill

• odas

I really haven't noticed. It is certainly not common to see Arabian's from any nation in either Liverpool or Belfast (not even as tourists in Liverpool).

Because they (Saudis)are wealthy swimming in oil and luxury-they have no need to reside here although they have plenty of properties in the west-they also like/enjoy western women for playmates-no instead they let those less fortunate/poor Muslims from other countries do their Islamization work. They (Saudis)can afford to pay off people in governments/make oil deals. Do you seriously think these people/ in gov are letting these people immigrate into the west out of the goodness/empathy of their own hearts?

They are getting something for this, they are benefitting!

Wake up!!

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

You can't really compare society 1500 years ago to now, it is meaningless. Have for example checked the age of Juliet in Romeo and Juliet? This is something that was not exactly uncommon practice.

It is not something you expect now but you can't apply modern thinking and morality back a millennia and a half ago.

May be, but is it excusable today? My point is there is NO EXCUSE. We are not living in 1500 years ago.Do you follow the news? Just a reminder. It is 2009! Even back then these men were more concerned with pleasuring their private parts than the feelings of others. Religion was only an excuse to live out their sick fantasies.

Quit making excuses for them! When a girl is crying in pain and becomes introverted and never comes to you for sex, then you know something is wrong. Men knew instinctively it was wrong!! Do you think young girls desire sex with men? They (men)just needed to make up an excuse! They noticed the underdeveloped girls died much more frequently giving childbirth! People/pedos are still attempting it today,to justify, to find a reason any goofy reason to sleep with kids.

They knew it was wrong!! Don't kid yourself. There is only selfish motive to this behaviour. And I'm speaking of 6, 7,8, 9. 10. 11 year olds not 15!! Men can tell if it's enjoyable to the sexual partner or not.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that he/Muhammad was a pedophile? and yes they sleep with adult women too. My uncle did. And so did Garrido and the guy that kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and all the LDS polygamists/pedophiles in that Texas cult

May be, but is it excusable today? My point is there is NO ECXCUSE. We are not living in 1500 years ago.Do you follow the news? Just a reminder. It is 2009! Even back then these men were more concerned with pleasuring their private parts than the feelings of others. Religion was only an excuse to live out their sick fantasies.

Quit making excuses for them! When a girl is crying in pain and becomes introverted and never comes to you for sex, then you know something is wrong. Men knew instinctively it was wrong!! Do you think young girls desire sex with men? They (men)just needed to make up an excuse! They noticed the underdeveloped girls died much more frequently giving childbirth! People/pedos are still attempting it today, to find a reason any goofy reason to sleep with kids.

They knew it was wrong!! Don't kid yourself. There is only selfish motive to this behaviour. And I'm speaking of 6, 7,8, 9. 10. 11 year olds not 15!! Men can tell if their is pleasure in the act or not!

I am not making excuses for anyone and I never once said it was excusable today. Read what I wrote again and try thinking next time.

I am not making excuses for anyone and I never once said it was excusable today. Read what I wrote again and try thinking next time.

But my point is that still TODAY in this time they (Muslims) believe that a pedo was a man/prophet of god!Do you understand the ramifications of this?

But my point is that still TODAY in this time they (Muslims) believe that a pedo was a man/prophet of god!Do you understand the ramifications of this?

You are applying modern standards back 1500 years ago, it is a meaningless thing to do especially as it was not uncommon practice 1500 years ago.

Edited by Mattshark

You are applying modern standards back 1500 years ago, it is a meaningless thing to do.

But they are still doing it today Matt!! Is your mind blocking this out?

Oh, so Allah didn't know any better?

So why are they still condoning it today. Why is it still condoned today in Islam/Saudi arabia-which has so much influence in the west (most are not aware)?

Like I posted. Standards 1500yrs. are no excuse A pedophile is a pedophile! Time/culture are irrelevant-just now they do it secretly (in the west)

So would you look up to/respect/practically worship a pedophile who has the NERVE to claim he was a prophet of god and that god claimed he should marry a six year old girl?

Sorry I'm getting sleepy

But they are stilling doing it today Matt!! Is your mind blocking this out?

Oh, so Allah didn't know any better?

So why are they still condoning it today. Why is it still condoned today in Islam?

You really don't think here do you.

You are confusing a religion with a nation. Do you think all countries where Islam is the main religion have low ages of consent or marriage age?

18 in Egypt

16 Algeria

Indonesia 19 for men, 16 for women, 18 for homosexuals.

Malaysia 16

Pakistan 18 men 16 women

UAE 18

Maldives 18

Tajikistan 17

Turkey 18

Uzbekistan 16

Turkmenistan 16

Kazhakstan 18

Kyrgyzstan 16

Alabania 14

Bosnia Herzegovina 14

You really don't think here do you.

You are confusing a religion with a nation. Do you think all countries where Islam is the main religion have low ages of consent or marriage age?

18 in Egypt

16 Algeria

Indonesia 19 for men, 16 for women, 18 for homosexuals.

Malaysia 16

Pakistan 18 men 16 women

UAE 18

Maldives 18

Tajikistan 17

Turkey 18

Uzbekistan 16

Turkmenistan 16

Kazhakstan 18

Kyrgyzstan 16

Alabania 14

Bosnia Herzegovina 14

Funny that! Albania and Bosnia age of consent 14! And they're not even Islamic countries.

Funny that! Albania and Bosnia age of consent 14! And they're not even Islamic countries.

Yes but both are majority Muslim nations though as relgion (though Albania is officially atheist as nation). However, Germany and Austria have consent ages of 14 too while Japan has 13 as does Spain. The lowest appears to parts of Mexico, where in some states it is 12 outside of nations where there is no law (Saudi, Qatar and Oman in all 3 nations sex outside of marriage is illegal).

Age_of_Consent.png

Edited by Mattshark

(not even as tourists in Liverpool).

You get tourists in Liverpool? :P

May be, but is it excusable today? My point is there is NO EXCUSE. We are not living in 1500 years ago.Do you follow the news? Just a reminder. It is 2009! Even back then these men were more concerned with pleasuring their private parts than the feelings of others. Religion was only an excuse to live out their sick fantasies.

Quit making excuses for them! When a girl is crying in pain and becomes introverted and never comes to you for sex, then you know something is wrong. Men knew instinctively it was wrong!! Do you think young girls desire sex with men? They (men)just needed to make up an excuse! They noticed the underdeveloped girls died much more frequently giving childbirth! People/pedos are still attempting it today,to justify, to find a reason any goofy reason to sleep with kids.

They knew it was wrong!! Don't kid yourself. There is only selfish motive to this behaviour. And I'm speaking of 6, 7,8, 9. 10. 11 year olds not 15!! Men can tell if it's enjoyable to the sexual partner or not.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that he/Muhammad was a pedophile? and yes they sleep with adult women too. My uncle did. And so did Garrido and the guy that kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and all the LDS polygamists/pedophiles in that Texas cult

What?

No one who has contributed to this thread, no one, has made any excuses for this awful practice!

If you think they have, you're twisting their words well out of context.

You get tourists in Liverpool? :P

Very popular tourist destination thank you :P (most successful football team in England and most successful band in the world plus beautiful architecture).

:P

Very popular tourist destination thank you :P (most successful football team in England and most successful band in the world plus beautiful architecture).

:P

Umm... dammnit can't really argue with any of those points.

Damn youuu!! *shakes fist* :P

Umm... dammnit can't really argue with any of those points.

Damn youuu!! *shakes fist* :P

:lol:

The Mersey tunnels are also being used in the new Harry Potter films :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8254297.stm

Its traggic but not uncommon. I think the "muslim child bride" thing really has nothing to do with it. Half a million women die during child birth each year.

I think this is another traggic story that gets highlighted to fuel "muslim hysteria". Has the Daily Mail ever reported about the muslim women who die during child birth while stuck behind Israeli checkpoints? Or does that not carry the same sensationalism as a story with an islamophobia angle?

The Palestinian Ministry of Health reports that since the beginning of the Al-Aqsa Intifada in 2000, at least 68 pregnant Palestinian women gave birth at Israeli checkpoints, leading to 35 miscarriages and the death of five women.

http://www.unfpa.org/public/site/global/News/pid/310

That girls fate was nothing short of traggic. Unfortunately, its a tragedy that happens almost every minute of the day......

Its traggic but not uncommon. I think the "muslim child bride" thing really has nothing to do with it. Half a million women die during child birth each year.

I think this is another traggic story that gets highlighted to fuel "muslim hysteria". Has the Daily Mail ever reported about the muslim women who die during child birth while stuck behind Israeli checkpoints? Or does that not carry the same sensationalism as a story with an islamophobia angle?

http://www.unfpa.org/public/site/global/News/pid/310

That girls fate was nothing short of traggic. Unfortunately, its a tragedy that happens almost every minute of the day......

I agree...

Stories like this are meant to target the emotionally weak people.

I hear they use their hand to wipe their ***, because water and paper are both precious commodities. :unsure2:

Can't remember which hand is was though,,, so I don't know which to avoid.

As much as I hate to hear stories like this. That's them and it's their ways. Weather we think it's right or wrong, we aren't the world's morality police.

I hear they use their hand to wipe their ***, because water and paper are both precious commodities. :unsure2:

Can't remember which hand is was though,,, so I don't know which to avoid.

The left hand.

Don't you have any asian or middle eastern friends?

While I certainly don't agree with having sex with 12-year-olds, I think this story speaks more to the poor medical care they have over there. No pregnant female should die after 3 days of labor. She should've had a C-section.

There is no way we can go over there and tell them they have to keep their hands off girls until they're 14 or 16.

Are they r e t a r d e d in that country? Have they ever heard of C-section, for one thing, not to mention still marrying off children?!! :huh::o

Are they r e t a r d e d in that country? Have they ever heard of C-section, for one thing, not to mention still marrying off children?!! :huh::o

The article clearly states that Yemen is the poorest country in Arabia, poor country means less than state of the art medical care-- there might not even have been the option of a caesarean.

Yes but both are majority Muslim nations though as relgion (though Albania is officially atheist as nation). However, Germany and Austria have consent ages of 14 too while Japan has 13 as does Spain. The lowest appears to parts of Mexico, where in some states it is 12 outside of nations where there is no law (Saudi, Qatar and Oman in all 3 nations sex outside of marriage is illegal).

Age_of_Consent.png

I notice most european countries have an age of consent ranging between 13-15 (Spain 12!!). All of a sudden the the dramatic situation in Yemen doesn't seem too far off what is allowed to lawfully happen in most "civilised" countries. Tunisia - age of consent 20. Now there you have a model of society.:P

I'm well aware that they have early consent laws in Europe and this is no joking matter or something to take lighly and make jokes about!

And I'm pretty sure it is men that made those laws- and I'm not pleased- but every year makes a great difference in female physiology/reproductive system/emotional/mental/ psychology. 14 is ok but not under that! I think 16+ is better. AGE OF CONSENT LAW IS LOGICALLY A DECISION FOR FEMALES TO MAKE NOT MEN. I know/remember that my body/maturaity changed greatly within a year or two, which I'm sure many women can attest to.

Ask them on here if they ever had the desire to sleep with an older man at age 12, 13 even 14 or older! But many men sure do. And men have been controlling the sexuality of girls/women for too long! Of course it's getting much better though.

Girls in the west develop faster due to high calorie/high fat foods/hormones/namely estrogen in our unhealthy western diets. This a post WWII phenomenon. Our food has changed. But at least they are not married off to old farts that see Muhammad as a role model! Or like the crappy FLDS church in Texas.

I agree with this woman here:

How many times have you heard the predatory male claim, as he plans his attack on an immature female child, “Oh it’s just natural, you know, young girls are SUPPOSED to be more attractive to men, they are more fertile, you know, and I can’t help my evolutionary inbred instinct to breed! So don’t blame me, you old (i.e. over 25) women just don’t appeal to me anymore, I can’t help myself.” Based on such crap we have some truly frightening “modern thinking” people, like that traitor Pat Califia, claiming that teens should “have the right” to say yes to sex, and actually convincing a fair number of people it is only some bizarre Puritan sensibilities and “sex negativity” that lead us to have laws in place that (nominally) protect teens from statutory rape.

(Yes, it is a mostly a myth that teen pregnancies happen because teens just lose control, don’t know about birth control, and can’t help themselves. Don’t believe the crying about the poor Romeo and Juliet couples where the boy who is one month older goes to jail for having sex with his girlfriend because he is 18 and she is 17. There is not actually one single state in America where this is the law. Statutory rape laws are almost wholly confined to prosecuting those who are 4-5 years older than the victim, who is by law almost always under 16. And the primary responsibility for teenage pregnancy lies with adult men, who rape underage girls because they know they are easier to manipulate into bed and also are less likely to insist on being treated properly, like, for example, demanding condom use.)

Even supposing there is some directly interfering, intelligent, evolutionary drive operating on a subliminal level motivating our seemingly complicated decisions in life (which I don’t believe, at all) this make no ****ing sense. Why? Because, horn dog scumbag predators on young girls, YOU ARE WRONG.

Girls aged 15 – 20 are twice as likely to die in childbirth as those in their twenties. Girls under the age of 15 are five times as likely to die.

Oh, say the cold hearted “pragmatic” ever forward looking psychos, “But maternal death means nothing in terms of evolution, so long as the baby survives.”

Also untrue.

“Using one year maternal age increments, it was found that infant death rates were relatively high at age 13 and decreased as maternal age increased from 13 to 19. Infant death rates then remained consistent for ages 20 to 35, and increased from age 36 to 50.” (doh.state.fl.us/family/mch/docs/pdf/InfantMortality_MaternalAge.pdf)

Even if the child lives, children who have lost their mothers are up to 10 more times more likely to die prematurely than those who haven’t. Why? Because men can’t be bothered to actually, like, you know, TAKE CARE of the offspring they claim they have this big evolutionary drive to create.

By your stupid evolutionary psychomore-evo-psycho-bull/logy argument, which supposes you exist for no other reason than to be a walking sperm bank, you should find women in their early thirties MORE attactive than 16 year old girls, not less, because impregnating a 32 year old woman has a higher chance of producing a living offspring (and living long enough to raise http://amananta.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/more-evo-psycho-bull/it) than does impregnating a girl half her age.

India's underage brides wedded to tradition

(Reuters)

Updated: 2007-05-16 09:56

A CHILDHOOD LOST

Activists say girls who marry at a young age are more vulnerable to domestic violence and sexual abuse, and less likely to complete primary education.

Early marriages contribute to high rates of maternal mortality - one woman dies every seven minutes from a pregnancy-related cause in India - with young bodies not mature enough for sex or pregnancy.

According to a recent report by the United Nations Children's Fund, girls under 15 are five times more likely to die during pregnancy and child birth than those in their twenties.

"I was married when I was 13 and I didn't understand why I had to go and live in another house and sleep with a strange man," said Muni Karia, 30, a SRKPS worker in Alsisar.

"I was scared. I was bleeding for days but luckily I survived ... others are not so lucky," she said, adding that she had had three children by the age of 18.

In an attempt to save millions of childhoods, the government last year toughened laws to prosecute priests, police, wedding guests and local leaders involved in encouraging child marriages.

Now adult males marrying children and people involved in performing, abetting or attending a child marriage can face up to two years in prison and a fine of 100,000 rupees ($2,500).

But officials admit it will be an uphill struggle to combat deeply ingrained traditions.

"It will take time ... changing mindsets is a huge challenge but we have to do it to save and protect our children and ensure they have a happy and healthy future," Renuka Chowdhury, minister for women and child development, told Reuters recently.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2007-05/16/content_873582_2.htm

Men need to stop raping little girls. And that's exactly what it is RAPE and using them like tools in a shed! I'll tell you what they can ****. Their own traditions! :angry2:

I'm well aware that they have early consent laws in Europe and this is no joking matter or something to take lighly and make jokes about!

And I'm pretty sure it is men that made those laws- and I'm not pleased- but every year makes a great difference in female physiology/reproductive system/emotional/mental/ psychology. 14 is ok but not under that! I think 16+ is better. AGE OF CONSENT LAW IS LOGICALLY A DECISION FOR FEMALES TO MAKE NOT MEN. I know/remember that my body/maturaity changed greatly within a year or two, which I'm sure many women can attest to.

Ask them on here if they ever had the desire to sleep with an older man at age 12, 13 even 14 or older! But many men sure do. And men have been controlling the sexuality of girls/women for too long! Of course it's getting much better though.

Girls in the west develop faster due to high calorie/high fat foods/hormones/namely estrogen in our unhealthy western diets. This a post WWII phenomenon. Our food has changed. But at least they are not married off to old farts that see Muhammad as a role model! Or like the crappy FLDS church in Texas.

I agree with this woman here:

How many times have you heard the predatory male claim, as he plans his attack on an immature female child, “Oh it’s just natural, you know, young girls are SUPPOSED to be more attractive to men, they are more fertile, you know, and I can’t help my evolutionary inbred instinct to breed! So don’t blame me, you old (i.e. over 25) women just don’t appeal to me anymore, I can’t help myself.” Based on such crap we have some truly frightening “modern thinking” people, like that traitor Pat Califia, claiming that teens should “have the right” to say yes to sex, and actually convincing a fair number of people it is only some bizarre Puritan sensibilities and “sex negativity” that lead us to have laws in place that (nominally) protect teens from statutory rape.

(Yes, it is a mostly a myth that teen pregnancies happen because teens just lose control, don’t know about birth control, and can’t help themselves. Don’t believe the crying about the poor Romeo and Juliet couples where the boy who is one month older goes to jail for having sex with his girlfriend because he is 18 and she is 17. There is not actually one single state in America where this is the law. Statutory rape laws are almost wholly confined to prosecuting those who are 4-5 years older than the victim, who is by law almost always under 16. And the primary responsibility for teenage pregnancy lies with adult men, who rape underage girls because they know they are easier to manipulate into bed and also are less likely to insist on being treated properly, like, for example, demanding condom use.)

Even supposing there is some directly interfering, intelligent, evolutionary drive operating on a subliminal level motivating our seemingly complicated decisions in life (which I don’t believe, at all) this make no ****ing sense. Why? Because, horn dog scumbag predators on young girls, YOU ARE WRONG.

Girls aged 15 – 20 are twice as likely to die in childbirth as those in their twenties. Girls under the age of 15 are five times as likely to die.

Oh, say the cold hearted “pragmatic” ever forward looking psychos, “But maternal death means nothing in terms of evolution, so long as the baby survives.”

Also untrue.

“Using one year maternal age increments, it was found that infant death rates were relatively high at age 13 and decreased as maternal age increased from 13 to 19. Infant death rates then remained consistent for ages 20 to 35, and increased from age 36 to 50.” (doh.state.fl.us/family/mch/docs/pdf/InfantMortality_MaternalAge.pdf)

Even if the child lives, children who have lost their mothers are up to 10 more times more likely to die prematurely than those who haven’t. Why? Because men can’t be bothered to actually, like, you know, TAKE CARE of the offspring they claim they have this big evolutionary drive to create.

By your stupid evolutionary psychomore-evo-psycho-bull/logy argument, which supposes you exist for no other reason than to be a walking sperm bank, you should find women in their early thirties MORE attactive than 16 year old girls, not less, because impregnating a 32 year old woman has a higher chance of producing a living offspring (and living long enough to raise http://amananta.word...psycho-bull/it) than does impregnating a girl half her age.

India's underage brides wedded to tradition

(Reuters)

Updated: 2007-05-16 09:56

A CHILDHOOD LOST

Activists say girls who marry at a young age are more vulnerable to domestic violence and sexual abuse, and less likely to complete primary education.

Early marriages contribute to high rates of maternal mortality - one woman dies every seven minutes from a pregnancy-related cause in India - with young bodies not mature enough for sex or pregnancy.

According to a recent report by the United Nations Children's Fund, girls under 15 are five times more likely to die during pregnancy and child birth than those in their twenties.

"I was married when I was 13 and I didn't understand why I had to go and live in another house and sleep with a strange man," said Muni Karia, 30, a SRKPS worker in Alsisar.

"I was scared. I was bleeding for days but luckily I survived ... others are not so lucky," she said, adding that she had had three children by the age of 18.

In an attempt to save millions of childhoods, the government last year toughened laws to prosecute priests, police, wedding guests and local leaders involved in encouraging child marriages.

Now adult males marrying children and people involved in performing, abetting or attending a child marriage can face up to two years in prison and a fine of 100,000 rupees ($2,500).

But officials admit it will be an uphill struggle to combat deeply ingrained traditions.

"It will take time ... changing mindsets is a huge challenge but we have to do it to save and protect our children and ensure they have a happy and healthy future," Renuka Chowdhury, minister for women and child development, told Reuters recently.

http://www.chinadail...nt_873582_2.htm

Men need to stop raping little girls. And that's exactly what it is RAPE and using them like tools in a shed! I'll tell you what they can ****. Their own traditions! angry.gif

So, when you read this article all you got was the pedophile story? Did this girls death or the 500,000 other like her mean anything to you?