Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possesed and eating rice

Rice_eater

Ok I am going to tell you something that somehow stuck out to me as not a normal experience my friend had told me about herself.... and I believe it wasn't a normal sleep walking experience in fact she had never slept walked before, however the samething had happened twice!

I guess her brother and mother had seen her walk down the stairs and entered the kitchen. She boiled water and made herself white rice, they thought she was of course awake... so she made the rice took a few bites and stopped, she then walked past her brother, who asked her what she was doing. He said her eyes grew wide as if telling him to leave her alone, no staying anything to him, he was going to grab her but her mother had screamed not to for you shouldn't bother sleep walkers... a few nights latter she reapeated the very same actions, then she went back upstairs to continue her slumber. She never did this ever again no continued to sleep walk.

For some reason the Rice stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I know spirits can absorb the energy out of food, and to the witches rice is used as a correspondant for protection, and the fact she gave such a stare leads me to to believe she was simply a vessle for a energy hungary spirit.....

Could someone give me some feed back, becuase I really freaked her out once I explain what I seem to feel as to what happened. Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RyuujinBlueZ

• xanubia

• Reader

• Immy

I'm not a ghost expert, but it sounds like she was just sleepwalking; simple as that. Maybe she was dreaming about eating rice. A week ago I had a dream that was very disturbing and when I woke up I was crying and screaming, just like I was in my dream. I wouldn't read too much into it, but I'm sure the ghost experts on this board may have a better answer for you.

Starlyte

I do not remember ever hearing or reading that ghosts absorb energy from food. Anyone got any more info on that?

I got up once and walked into my mom's room and asked her for a glass of juice. She got up, when to get a glass for me and when she came back, I was in bed sound asleep. I don't remember that, but she tells me it happened. I also talk in my sleep. Happens a lot. Doesn't mean it's witches or ghosts. Just means her brain wanted some rice. It's weird how our eyes can be open and we can talk, but we're sleeping.

I really don't think that ghosts absorb energy through eating of food- and I don't believe that they can take your body over. Once I heard my sisters alarm go off so I got up and then walked over towards her door. And BAM! I hit the door and woke up completely and then ran back to my bed and fell back to sleep.

My brother slept walked when he was ten or so only a couple of times and I don't think anything strange happend to him when that happend.

I think that peopel get easily freaked out by the things that happen when sleepwalking, but it's simply primal actions based on what you are dreaming. Just look at Heidi.

I think the reason that your friend made the rice and ate it was because she was subconciously hungry and one of the most primal actions is to feed. Just look at 'Resident Evil' (I hate that film).

The only really weird sleepwalking incident I've heard of was with my brother. My mum woke up one night, when he was about 10, and could hear a knocking noise coming from his room. She found him sat up in bed and knocking on the window sill, she lay him back down and looked out of the windw, and saw three men breaking into the house across the street. She called the police and all three were arrested. My mum always believed that on a subconcious level my brother was trying to alert somene whilst sleeping.

I think the worst I ever did sleepwalking was get ready for school at 4 am in the middle of winter.

It was about 60 below outside and that's what woke me completely was stepping outside in the cold. Didn't help in my dream I thought it was the last day of school so I was in shorts and a tank top.

Glad I only made it to the garage before waking... Woulda been a cold walk to the bus stop dressed like that. And a long wait since the buss wouldn't have been there for another three hours.

It sounds like regular sleepwalking to me, which is fairly common. There is also a condition where folks sleepeat, although the name escapes me at the moment.

I guess some sleepeaters will get up in the middle of the night and prepare themselves a snack or even a large meal, not realizing they have done it when the morning rolls around. That'll throw off your diet!

I wouldn't be too worried about it unless there is a danger from fire or here injuring herself in some fashion. In many cases sleepwalking resolves itself over time...

Guest Lottie

Apparently I sleep talk and shout and loudly. My boyfriend recorded me one night, its was really bizarre listening to myself. huh.gif

By way I find the title of this thread really amusing! laugh.gif

Edited by Lottie

ok.. unfortunately..i've never heard of ghosts using people and eating food to gain their energy....

My oldest sis... about 21 yrs old now.. still... (To this day).. sleepwalks... Ok.. this is how it goes... she's been on various "diets" and they never seem to work... laugh.gif she doesn't now why but everyone else in my family does... it's because all the things she's not "allowed" to eat on her diet... she eats when she sleepwalks laugh.gif

Another thing, my mum and sis have a heck of a time making me do things while i'm asleep.. Example: I fall asleep reading... one of them comes in and tells me to take of my glasses (yes.. shocking isn't it? ohmy.gif ) mark my page, put my book on my bedside table, then turn off the light.... and the funny thing is that i do it and never remember doing it... laugh.gif

(they put it on tape disgust.gif ... i didn't believe them for a long time...............)

So.. it could be what you say it is... but she most likely needed something in her body.. she probably needed the starch from the rice...

I loved the title, very nice. Maybe it was an Asian ghost?

Kidding, I doubt she was possesed. Odds are, she was just hungry like everyone else says.

However, I have my own little story to tell about sleepwalking. Once when I was a little boy I walked down two flights of stairs, unlocked my front door (which included one of those rather hard to unhook slide locks), and went back outside. Worst yet, I managed to lock the door behind me. Shortly there after I woke up. I'd been dreaming about going to see a friend next door, lucky I didn't get to his house or I would have been in big trouble for waking his folks up. That is, to my knowledge, the only time I've ever sleepwalked. Funny story though.

I had a friend staying over a few years back, he wasn't feeling too good so he went to bed early.

As i was cleaning up, he came into the kitchen, cooked a pan full of baked beans then went back to bed.

He remembered nothing about it the next day, and swears to this day that I'm making it up!

I think it is only a case of sleep walking though, rather than a "possession" he wanted beans, he got beans, then he was happy and slept the rest of the night through.