Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbes?

MoonBaby

I found a picture at my sister's house that was taken about a year ago, and we noticed that there are 4 distinct kind of see through circles and 2 more that you can't see very well, and I just wanted to know if these things could possibly be something from a different realm? Could they be orbs, and what are orbs? I've heard that term used before but I don't really remember exactly what it meant. huh.gif If anyone wants to see the picture, I'll put it up if someone can tell me how to do that. thumbsup.gif

Edited by MoonBaby

I would very much like to see the pic MoonBaby.

When you respond to this, you can scroll down past the space where you type your text and you will see a heading that says "File Attachements".....do just that....attach the file original.gif

post-21-1084999309.jpg

Edited by Chauncy

the pic's posted here

Edited by MoonBaby

go down thumbdown.gif

Edited by MoonBaby

OK, it's posted on the web. I gave up trying to put it on this site disgust.gif

orbs

Look at it ant tell me what you think thumbsup.gif

Edited by MoonBaby

I checked the picture out. Nice deer heads:)

Yes they are peculiar, but the first step in trying to figure if they are in fact paranormal and not normal is to start trying to eliminate natural causes.

Look for anything round that may put of a round reflection, like a round clockface, old fashioned barometer, or something of that nature. You have to remmember that the camera lens is round so any direct light on the lens could very well set off a round reflection.

The whole reason why things show up on film is because they have mass, so anything that has mass has the potential to reflect light. So dust particles,bugs or anything else airborne could reflect the light as well.

Try taking a few pics from different angles of the same scene and see what happens, then take a pic or two somewhere else but with the same lighting as to eliminate or validate the uniquesness of this particular photo.

Also you could look through old photos and see if there are some you missed, especially those taken with the same camera. This could eliminate or validate that the pic was unique or it could also give corroborating evidence as to the orbs being attracted to a single person.

Most of all enjoy your pics, enjoy the artistic value of the orbs and the mystery they invoke thumbsup.gif

Yeah, lovly deer heads, huh? They're my inlaws. I love 'em though so I have to look past some things.rolleyes.gif I've looked through other pictures that were taken the same night by the same camera just outside, and they don't have any of the little orb things. I'll try what you said and take some more someday. What is an orb supposed to be anyway?

Edited by MoonBaby

What is an orb supposed to be anyway?

Well thats not entirely decided upon. Some speculate it is dead relatives.

Some say they are inter-dimensional traffic, gaurdian angles, you name it and it has probably been said by someone.

They could very well be just an ordinary reflection, and I've been trying to find out when they started becoming all the rage. The closest thing I can come to as to why they are so much a fad is that movie The Sixth Sense. there was a scene in that movie where the mother was looking at old photos of her son and noticed the orbs in the pic, this signified that she was starting to put 2&2 together. Based on that I think it caused people to go look over old photos to see if they could find anything, and of course they did, so it would seem that the whole orb deal could just be public hysteria or voluntary creation of an Urban Legend ?

Who knows!........yet

Oops, not coming up. ?Porque? (This is what I'm no expert in...)
Come on now, what are you thinkin'? huh.gif You have to be an expert at this before you can post. laugh.gif

Those arent orbs, In the process of developing photos, they use a variety of different paints/dyes/colours, to create the photo. Sometimes the machine, gets run down, and 'drippy' and it drips little blotches on photos that slightly discolour the photo in little drop like patterns. This happens sometimes when printing photos with a printer. Youll see it in alot of photos. original.gif

Youll see it in alot of photos.

Thats cool I didn't know that......I guess maybe then if you get a photo or two and there is a lot of orbs then you could check your reciepte to see if they rebated you or not:)

Venom what did you think of my Sixth Sense/Urban legend theory?

Venom, shut your mouth or I'll get the guns gunsmilie.gif!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding laugh.gif . No I'm serious mad.gif. No, but seriously, where did you get that information from, por favor? Just so you know, I like the other story better about spirits and ghosts and what-not. It's happier.

Edited by MoonBaby

I don't know where Venom got his info, but heres a site that explains orbs pretty well..

Linky

I don't know where Venom got his info, but heres a site that explains orbs pretty well..

Linky

I don't like that explanation either sad.gif . Aren't there more supernatural explanations that have been "proven"?

Oops, not coming up. ?Porque? (This is what I'm no expert in...)
Come on now, what are you thinkin'? huh.gif You have to be an expert at this before you can post. laugh.gif

You're right, I'm sorry, I try so hard, but apparently I'm just not computer geeky enough for this stuff tongue.gif

Here's my solution: if you really want to see the picture, I'll e-mail it to you. Don't worry, I'm not gonna start forwarding stuff to you or anything stupid like that. You can e-mail me at psychokineticgirl@hotmail.com, and then I'll send it to you.

For those of you too suspicious huh.gif or lazy cat.gif (always wanted to use that one wink2.gif ) to e-mail me, I'll describe it for you: it's a bright white fuzzy ball about the level of my neck. A cool thing about it is if you zoom in on it, the left side is purplish and the right side is orangeish. Oh, and it was taken (for free) by a guy who just happens to call himself "the Orbmaster". He's e-mailed me a ton of other orb pics too, some even in motion, so let me know if you want me to forward those to you too.

Where'd you get this? A guy you paid to take it at your house?

apparently I'm just not computer geeky enough for this stuff 

I hear you on that one, buddy.

Edited by MoonBaby

Okay, I thought you wanted the most rational and probable explanation. Actually,even most Paranormal Researchers are reluctant to say they know what Orbs are or even if they're anything to do with Ghosts at all. You'll have a hard time finding any that claim they can definitely explain them..

It goes against my better judgement to give out info that's probably false, but I have a soft spot for your avatar,since it looks almost exactly like one of my ex-girlfriends..

Here's a link with a more "Supernatural" look at Orbs..

Abra-Cadabra

Those arent orbs, In the process of developing photos, they use a variety of different paints/dyes/colours, to create the photo. Sometimes the machine, gets run down, and 'drippy' and it drips little blotches on photos that slightly discolour the photo in little drop like patterns. This happens sometimes when printing photos with a printer. Youll see it in alot of photos.  original.gif

I'd never heard about the 'dripping' before - it makes perfect sense, but for some reason, it's escaped all explanations of orbs I've seen. Thanks for the info!

The links debunking orbs also was interesting. It's about what I figured, and makes a lot of sense for the digital camera phenonmenon. My model of digicam doesn't seem to get any orbs at all (I've taken plenty of photos in my room, and there's plenty of dust particles back here for it to grab).

There's three real reasons I don't believe in orbs:

1. Many easily explained phenomenon that occurs with cameras, especially digitals. Little has been done to prove that it isn't the camera's fault.

2. Orbs are indeed a 'recent' thing, that gained extreme popularity as digicams came out. I don't think "Our technology is more advanced so now it picks up the trails and presences of spirits like never before!" is a good explanation either... especially when you see #1.

3. Orbs have never visually manifested to people. Ghastly vapors? Yup. Shadow men? Yup. Full body images? Yup. Orbs? No. Visual manifestation seems to be a preclusion of ghostly and spiritual presences that have also been photographed.

And now that Orbs have been debunked once and for all, let's all go get roaring drunk!!

I have a feeling this STILL ain't over yet... dontgetit.gif

Rex-

Thank you very much. Both of those were very informative. If you know anymore site feel free to post them. I like to hear all different theories so I can be well informed, so anything that you have, feel free to bring it on original.gif. But if you're too busy getting drunk... I'll understand gunsmilie.gif. And then I'll steal your liquor. ohmy.gif

Anybody else...

Edited by MoonBaby

"the Orbmaster" says that he's seen orbs without the aid of cameras. He also says that they manifest right before thunder storms. Oh, and like I said, he took my pic for free!