Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Control

Psiwolf

Greetings to everyone. I am a new member and I was introduced to this forum from a friend who kind of accidently found it. I do not believe in coincidence and I have been looking for others like me for a long time. I have had psychic ability in every area except telekinesis kind of. I am strongest in the area of clairvoyance, mediumship, and precognition. I have been this way since I was a child and for the longest time I supressed my abilities because I was raised in a family that didn't believe in such things and if they did, such abilities were "of the devil". I did not truly come into my abilities until I became 18 and after I had moved out of my parents home. Today I am a 30 year old man who is in tune with his psychic abilities on a daily basis. Yet sometimes I lose control of my abilities and they act like they have a mind of their own. I have astral projected without realizing how multiple times, I get visions without warning, and if I concentrate too much my senses have a tendency to overwhelm me by ballooning over a bigger distance. I am not sure why this happens and I was wondering if any of it has happened to any one else here. I am thankful to find this site and all of you. It is nice to know that I am no longer alone in this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinieblas

• Psiwolf

• G3N0M3

• Mattshark

Greetings to everyone. I am a new member and I was introduced to this forum from a friend who kind of accidently found it. I do not believe in coincidence and I have been looking for others like me for a long time. I have had psychic ability in every area except telekinesis kind of. I am strongest in the area of clairvoyance, mediumship, and precognition. I have been this way since I was a child and for the longest time I supressed my abilities because I was raised in a family that didn't believe in such things and if they did, such abilities were "of the devil". I did not truly come into my abilities until I became 18 and after I had moved out of my parents home. Today I am a 30 year old man who is in tune with his psychic abilities on a daily basis. Yet sometimes I lose control of my abilities and they act like they have a mind of their own. I have astral projected without realizing how multiple times, I get visions without warning, and if I concentrate too much my senses have a tendency to overwhelm me by ballooning over a bigger distance. I am not sure why this happens and I was wondering if any of it has happened to any one else here. I am thankful to find this site and all of you. It is nice to know that I am no longer alone in this.

Hi I'm 16.I am a wizard and do possess some of these abilities.(haven't been able to astral travel properly though).Great to meet other people like me.If anybody wants to discuss anything about magic you can contact me.Also any witch/wizard here please contact me.

About this ballooning thing.I could not get what you meant but if you mean you feel as if you are merging with your surroundings,gradually becoming lighter then yes I have experienced it.

Anyway nice to know you :)

Hello and welcome to UM !!!

I see that each of you are new members.

It is my experience that working with psychic skills is done best when we do not attempt to control them. It just does not work that way. Part of the reason for that is so that we can respect all ways of being and points of view on this subject. Another reason is that we all have our extended self, the subconscious and the higher self, and integrating these awareness levels with our conscious perceptions is an important part of using these skills.

The idea to embrace, as I see it, is to understand how best to apply our ESP in daily life. This requires reflective thought that is intuitive in nature. Connecting with our expanded selves is the best way that I have found to do this.

John

Mr. Spera, nail on the head again, seen you around and you make some good points, saying that I agree with him and you should practice meditating if you have not already done it...

Otherwise accept whatever happens, and like he said reflect on what is given, though you feel what it is, try and write it on paper, try and describe it, etc. This will help you with controling it after practicing.

Wello good luck and welcome to UM.

i never had much problem with my parents. They were broad minded, and i found out many decades later that my mums family had a long history of paranormal powers/abilities (back in the old days they were accepted as true gifts if used properly)

I learned the hard way, by experiences with other children, not to display them publicly, and this lesson remained into my adult life. However i still retained my interest and utilised them where i could privately, or to help people.

Like john my experience indicates that these powers are interconnected to levels of consciousness, and possibly to an outside force/consciousness, rather than just an internal conscious ability.

I called this a cosmic consciousness, when i recognised it in myself, only to find that indeed that is a term used by many to describe a real but apparently rare level of consciousness.

They thus cannot be forced, and it is even hard to train them. They come as a gift.

However awareness, discussion, and an open mind can help a little. Just being conscious and aware of these abilities helps to make us more in tune with them.

Edited by Mr Walker

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Spera said it well; the key is to understand how to apply them most effectively. It may be possible though that they sometimes activate autonomously because you suppressed them for a while when you were younger.

When my ability finally hit me, I didn't know what to make of it, but because I naturally possess a wisdom far beyond my years, I was able to learn how to integrate my abilities into my other senses over time, which makes it a key component in my daily activities.

Perhaps the process of not consciously triggering these abilities for a certain amount of time causes them to activate on their own, possibly as a mechanism to keep them active to prevent the mind locking them away.

I have always kept in mind the possibility that the reason for everyone not having abilities is because they are not encouraged from an early age as is walking or speaking, and so the mind just locks them up as though they are features we don't want.

Maybe if you worked out a way to utilise them more frequently in your daily life it may be enough to keep them active, thus eliminating the need for the mind to do it for you.

Even though there are lucky ones to have parents that do understand more then what is going on. Well Psiwolf I was raised just like what you went though my parents with in here on earth that are not in to such things its like something gotten in to the person thats what they feel or they think you are nuts to crazy. I did sure went though lot of hard times because family that didn't let me how I am and why i came here it wasn't my choice I can say and knowing I have uncontrollable force that i have and other things that I did tired to suppressed it it feels it not like me feeling being striped what I am. some things i go though and don't remember what i have done other times I do in astral projected without realizing how multiple times and end up other places, because of my wakening stages are getting more to fully waken going though the stages as my body re-just each stage as I carried more energy though out at times I do get I overwhelmed and few things happened or I feel my form lined with in my body its very hared to explained it. I feel there are reason why other have such things with in abilities. boy John A Spera you sure know how to hit the nail in the head one things, but I don't post many things because because of ones reaction how they feel what I post with in know age I have known though my spiritual years, by the way Psiwolf welcome to Um, I hope you in joy here.

Welcome to UM.

I am learning that i have powers in the areas of clairvoyance and i can manipulate the elements, fire, water, spirit...havent tried wind yet. My powers go all bonkers and usually that means i havent meditated in a while, it also meant for me that i had an open aura. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your advise. I have often felt as if I may never fully control what I can do. I do know how to "trigger" my abilities though. I do meditate and I feel more "aligned" afterwards. I don't live in a very psycically active hotspot except for ghosts so I do not find a reason for daily use of my powers. I have been able to help people on many occasion with my gifts though and that always leaves a good feeling. I too do not let people know about my gifts. Only my closest friends and family know. Does anyone else tend to feel more powerful near their birthday? I do not know if it is connected, but I seem more powerful in Autumn, especially near my birthday in October.

I've learned from experience that any psychic abilities are nigh impossible to actually control consciously. They are tied directly to your emotions, and therefore manifest in different emotional states. I have very limited powers (as far as I know), and they very rarely work when I actually want them to; and quite frequently when I don't. It's a pain in the rear, really.

For the OP: I see you're born in October. Scorpio? Water Signs tend to be the most likely to have/develop/awaken/whatever latent psychic abilities. Wolves are also associated with both Scorpio and Psychic abilities, which explains a natural fascination of wolves, which I have and I presume you have as well, from looking at your username and avatar. As for the power increase in Autumn; I am the same. I feel stronger, more energetic, and happier in the Fall, especially October. It's theorized that one does become mentally and emotionally stronger during the reigning time of the sign they were born under; and judging from what I've seen and experienced, I'd have to agree.

Edited by Ryuusei

Actually, I'm a libra on the cusp of scorpio. Libras tend to be highly creative and can have a tendency for psychic ability too. I have a fascination with wolves and I feel as though I am one at times if that makes any sense.

Edited by Psiwolf

Welcome Psiwolf,

There are many Beleivers here, yet the scent of such things also tends to attract the skeptics and the attacks too.

Blessings from a beleiver...full scorpio...

P.S. Guess the family doesnt beleive in the gifts of the spirit at all... huh? Glad you stuck with it! thumbsup.gif

What area are you from?

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Welcome Psiwolf,

There are many Beleivers here, yet the scent of such things also tends to attract the skeptics and the attacks too.

P.S. Guess the family doesnt beleive in the gifts of the spirit at all... huh? Glad you stuck with it! thumbsup.gif

What area are you from?

We are...what we choose to be..

Or are we?

There's the source of debate...

I didn't really choose to be what I am, but neither will I deny it. It is a part of me just like an arm or a leg. I am from Northern Virginia. When I repressed my abilities when I was younger, I felt like a part of me was missing. It felt like I was at the bottom of a pool looking up at the surface, like I was drowning with out my abilities. Its like being asleep and when my powers resurfaced it was like I had awakened from a long hazy dream. I would never wish to give up my gifts again, I don't care who thinks they'll real and who doesn't. Believe me, I have made many people a believer after displaying my gifts.

none of which are actually real.

im sorry youve gone through life thinking they are.

Welcome Psiwolf,

What area are you from?

you mean it attracts logic?

You are entitled to your opinion. I find it interesting that the ones with the gifts like mine and others are fine with just ourselves believing that our abilities are very real and yet the ones who do not believe try so hard to try and prove that the paranormal and psychic phenomenon do not exist. I don't care if you do not believe me. But it is interesting to see that no matter where I go, someone is trying to tell me that I am wrong because of their beliefs. I find that most of the time the ones who keep trying to disprove it are usually the ones who are afraid of it and don't want to admit that it could be real.

You are entitled to your opinion. I find it interesting that the ones with the gifts like mine and others are fine with just ourselves believing that our abilities are very real and yet the ones who do not believe try so hard to try and prove that the paranormal and psychic phenomenon do not exist. I don't care if you do not believe me. But it is interesting to see that no matter where I go, someone is trying to tell me that I am wrong because of their beliefs. I find that most of the time the ones who keep trying to disprove it are usually the ones who are afraid of it and don't want to admit that it could be real.

well, its not so much an opinion, as it almost is the truth.

and you can believe its real or not, but its not Weird that you do and others dont. your logic is "its weird people who believe in god, believe in god. and people who dont, dont believe in god".

we dont believe, because you have no ability. otherwise youd be able to prove this to everyone.

and i love the weak 'theyre really just afraid of it' tactic. although, it doesnt fly. because its not true. you dont think id want some sort of powers? preferably telekenitic. sure i want that, but i know i cant have it. just like i know you cant do anything you claim.

Anyway... yes you are bound to encounter skeptics as well as believers - some are neutral or at least present their opinions in an amiable, live-and-let-live approach, others... not so much. It could be argued whether they do what they do out of a "spoiler" attitude, bitterness, lack of patience for what they think is nonsense or a feeling of trying to "save" others from buying into false information, but they do all tend to speak their minds, which is what forums are all about.

I too would like to have some sort of "gift", also probably telekinesis would be my choice, but I don't have it, and I hold out very little hope it exists, at least as anything that could ever possibly be harnessed or used reliably as some people claim. But there are a lot of people, including plenty that post on UM, that make similar posts or threads, about having gifts and not being able to find other people to talk to about them, or about them being hard to deal with or such, so I do know that whatever the reality, you have quite a bit of company.

Unfortunately telekinesis from what I understand is one of the hardest powers to actually do. I have come close, but to no avail so far. People are entitled to they're own beliefs, yes. Its hard to believe in something unless you've actually experienced it yes, but some of us do not want others to know about what we can do. I for a long time was like that. For the longest time I didn't want to let others know, because of those who would literally attack me verbally as if I had offended them when they found out that I said I could do certain things. I have had people never talk to me ever again because of what I can do. I have scared people and I have angered people simply because Of what I am. Now you tell me why I would want to tell someone who doesn't believe in this phenomenon about what I am and I can do. Just because someone can't see it or touch it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Look through out history at times when humanity believed with their heart of hearts that things were the way they thought they were and found out later on that they were wrong. I am not imagining what I can do, and by all means there are times when I wish I were. The simple truth is that yes psychic phenomenon and other paranormal phenomenon exists. Even the government believes it so much that they have done psychic testing and still do to a degree. Google it, you'll find some interesting stuff. Why do people come into these forums knowing its about psychic phenomenon just to tell people they're wrong? Do they get their rocks off doing it? Does it make them feel better and more secure with themselves? People like that are why I keep my abilities to myself when I should be out in the world helping people with it. Its like a christian going to a jewish synagogue just to tell them they're wrong. How just is that?

Unfortunately telekinesis from what I understand is one of the hardest powers to actually do. I have come close, but to no avail so far.

I suppose that I'm just wondering how the mind is to put forth an energy/force greater than the sum of the object that needs to be moved?

What do you mean by, you have come close?

To me this whole "people attack me because of what I can do" thing is a puzzle, because though I live in the Bible Belt and Tornado Alley, with 14 churches and 1 bar in my town of 2,600 people, if I showed any family or friends what I could do, move things with my mind, they'd all be like "WOW AWESOME!" and "You're gonna be rich!" The worst I can imagine would be neutral or maybe a religious reaction of superstition, but those would be few and far between.

For the longest time I didn't want to let others know, because of those who would literally attack me verbally as if I had offended them when they found out that I said I could do certain things.

Illogical, why would people attack you verbally when they found out you could do certain things? It makes no sense at all.

I have had people never talk to me ever again because of what I can do. I have scared people and I have angered people simply because Of what I am.

Again , this makes no sense... The only way someone could get angry at you if you claimed to have powers is if you are unable to back up your claims and continue to try convince them otherwise.

Look through out history at times when humanity believed with their heart of hearts that things were the way they thought they were and found out later on that they were wrong.

I ask you to read through that quote of yours , then look at yourself.

I am not imagining what I can do, and by all means there are times when I wish I were.

I'm sorry to say, but we cannot believe you nor take you seriously unless we have proof that you can.

Even the government believes it so much that they have done psychic testing and still do to a degree.

Psychic testing is a very broad term.. Are you referring to telepathy? Or perhaps telekinesis , or maybe precognition. The government may be researching other things to do with the mind and not the stuff you are thinking of.

Why do people come into these forums knowing its about psychic phenomenon just to tell people they're wrong? Do they get their rocks off doing it?

When people are unable to attain an achievement or get respect and other things in their lives , they turn to the internet and others to gain that feeling of respect. Yes , that statement has been proven by psychologists.

I apologize for the outburst. The ones who have gotten angry at me and expressed it verbally were usually the religious kind. They believe that pyschic ability is of the devil, at least the people I know. And Max. L I realise how the one statement sounds and I realized it as I wrote it. My belief is not concieved from a strong desire for a fantasy. I have been able to do and see things that I can not explain. I have proved it to some people and I guess that will have to do.

best advice ever given and by someone we can all respect, good old Siddharta

"Tat Tvam asi" that thou art.

Don't question of try to control, my friend, simply be an experience...it's as hard as heck for us logically plagued signs but do-able with effort!

Interestingly enough I also have a fascination with wolves (came meeting up with some in a forest in Spain though) and used to howl in order to focus my psychic abilities when I was younger.....I once had a dream involving a Native American shaman wearing a wolfskin cloak (with headfur over his head as a hood)and do indeed attribute wolfy abilities to myself on occassion (excellent sense of smell, hearing and above average night vision).....but you see the qualities we prize in wolves also are attributable to scorpios and some librans also..

That's kind of interesting, because I have always kind of creeped people out with my natural senses of smell, hearing and sight too. I have excellent nightvision. Most of the time when others need flashlights, I'm fine without. Your dream experience is very interesting.