Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Random Fact Thread

Agent X

In 1897, Indiana tried to pass a bill stating that pi is equal to 3.2, as opposed to its truly infinite value, but it never became law due to intervention by a Purdue University professor

• Like 1

Those doves released at weddings and other formal ceremonies are actually white homing pigeons. True ring-neck doves are bred to be kept as pets and rarely survive out of captivity.

• Like 1

How can you tell when Limburger cheese has gone bad? When it stops smelling like month-old socks and starts smelling like ammonia.

• Like 1

The first European settlement in America wasn't St. Augustine, or Jamestown, but San Miguel de Guadalupe, located on the coast near what is today the Georgia-South Carolina border. Built in 1526, it failed after only six months.

• Like 1

The film “Psycho” was the first movie to show a toilet flushing – the scene caused an inpouring of complaints about indecency

90% of pharmaceuticals taken by people are excreted through urination. Therefore our sewer systems contain heavy doses of drugs. A recent study by the EPA has found fish containing trace amounts of estrogen, cholesterol-lowering drugs, pain relievers, antibiotics, caffeine and even anti-depressants.

• Like 1

The film "Psycho" was the first movie to show a toilet flushing – the scene caused an inpouring of complaints about indecency

I wonder how they would react to today's movies.

• Like 1

The custom 8 string guitars used by Meshuggah are built by Ibanez and have a 30 inch scale....almost 5 inches longer than a standard 6 string guitar scale. Allowing for optimum string tension at lower registers and giving the instruments a unique tonality. How's that for random?

• Like 2

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly

85% of men who die of heartattacks during intercourse, are found to have been cheating on their wives.

Sex AGAIN ahaha holy crap I love it!

• Like 1

it has mustache in my cards .. you know .. old king .. lost mustache .. it sound suspicious to me :D

• Like 1