Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Random Fact Thread

Agent X

A normal person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a Few weeks.

• Like 2

OJ Simpson wore the same helmet throughout his pro and college career because it was the only one he could find that fit his oddly shaped head.

• Like 1

Natural raspberry flavor comes from a beavers anal gland... LOL

• Like 2

Mules like to lay in hammocks....

A normal person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a Few weeks.

define "normal" person as oppossed to an abonormal person please

• Like 2

Mules like to lay in hammocks....

define "normal" person as oppossed to an abonormal person please

Anyone human that walks on 2 legs lol not 4!

• Like 3

The word “mustache” comes from the Latin root mustacium which means “conveniently stored supply of extra food.”

• Like 2

OJ Simpson wore the same helmet throughout his pro and college career because it was the only one he could find that fit his oddly shaped head.

Did he wear the same gloves throughout his murder career? (lol)

• Like 1

A bolt of lightning generates heat 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun.

Or so I've heard.

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 2

Cats don't meow at other cats.

I heard that yesterday! Apparently they only meow to get our, specifically human, attention.

• Like 2

I heard that yesterday! Apparently they only meow to get our, specifically human, attention.

What's that noise called that frustrated cats make all night? The screaming, really annoying noise. (it's called "yammin'" here but I know that ain't the real word)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

What's that noise called that frustrated cats make all night? The screaming, really annoying noise. (it's called "yammin'" here but I know that ain't the real word)

The loud hissing noises like when they fight? I'm not of the proper name, if that's what you're talking about.

Wikipedia might have the answer: :cat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_communication

• Like 2

Oh and another cat fact I heard recently.. Cats eyes don't glow in the dark. The effect of their eyes glowing is actually their retina reflecting a light source back towards you.

Edit:-- Note: I didn't believe their eyes literally glowed themselves prior to hearing this, lol.

Edited by Thomas J
  • Like 2

The loud hissing noises like when they fight? I'm not of the proper name, if that's what you're talking about.

Nah.. it's a screaming noise. My pal the cat does it sometimes at night, standing on a fence post like he's the Lion King.

• Like 1

Nah.. it's a screaming noise. My pal the cat does it sometimes at night, standing on a fence post like he's the Lion King.

Lol sorry, can't help you there. The only time I ever hear my cats making 'screaming' noises is when they get into a turf war with other cats.

• Like 1

Lol sorry, can't help you there. The only time I ever hear my cats making 'screaming' noises is when they get into a turf war with other cats.

Or during bow chicka wow wow
  • Like 3

A male cat's penis is covered in hook-like barbs.

Did not need to know that! but now that you mention it.. cats tongues are also covered in hook-like barbs. I believe they assist in drinking.

• Like 2

Did not need to know that! but now that you mention it.. cats tongues are also covered in hook-like barbs. I believe they assist in drinking.

I'd pay to have a tongue like that. :)

• Like 1

The male cat's ‘penis' is covered in hook-like barbs, and as he withdraws these barbs abrade the females cat's ‘vulva'. She will scream and turn to bite him. An experienced male cat will maintain control of her until he fees it is safe to release her and move away.

It may sound horrible but these hook-like barbs are essential in causing the female cat's ‘vulva' to be stimulated so as to release the eggs. One mating often is not enough to cause the ‘vulva' to release the eggs; therefore, in some circumstances 2 or more matings are needed.

Sexy ain't it

• Like 1