Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Random Fact Thread

Agent X

The goal of Christopher Columbus' voyage wasn't to prove the earth was round, people already knew it was.

To err is human, but to really mess things up - you need a computer.

Edited by Paraweird

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

That is not a fact.

The crowd at Anfield, home of Liverpool football club, was judged to be the most attractive in the Premier League after analysis from modelling agencies.

You didn't go to that game then?

Random fact:

Aliens was a wildlife documentary! :alien::o

During World War II, the very first bomb dropped on Berlin by the Allies killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

In 1916, an elephant was tried and hung for murder in Erwin, Tennessee.

A Hummingbird does not only ingest Sweet Nectars of flowers, but as Wee Flies and Spiders to balance its nutritional needs for is high metabolism, and it also feeds these insects to its babes. :)

Christopher Columbus showed his kid how to slaughter a camp of natives. (forgot where)

The term 'BMX' actually stands for Bicycle Moto Cross....

Miguel de Cervantes (author of Don Quixote) and William Shakespeare died on the same day: April 23, 1616.

• 1 month later...

i enjoy cheesecake. also my nickname is the same backward as it is foreword-bob. fun fact: chuck paluniuk sent my friend a fruit basket because she wrote to him so much.

• 5 months later...

The collagen contained in fancy anti-wrinkle creams comes from slaughter-house by-products, mainly cow connective tissue. (Collagen is a protein only produced by animals) Same goes for keratin, often added to shampoos.

Fact: My grandmother recieved a basket upon my grandad's death from our Transport Minister who later became New Zealand's first woman Prime Minister.

Fact: The snapping of ones fingers is called a fillip.

Fact: Diamonds are flammable.

Fact: In ten years, Toyota recalled 10 million cars in the US. General Motors and Ford recalled 20 million cars apeice within the same time period.

A ripe cranberry will bounce.

• 2 weeks later...

Cat's with a blue eye and a yellow eye are deaf on the side their blue eye is.

• 2 years later...

A housefly has a life span of two weeks.

$h!t smells bad....I'm just sayin'.

In other news..water is wet. ;)

Ok, I give some serious one's......

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction. (gee, I wonder why?)

Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day. (not direct any news for cat-owners)

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump.

Women are 37% more likely to go to a psychiatrist than men are.

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m). (ok, I did not need to know that)

When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.

There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people. The kangaroo population is estimated at about 40 million.

Flying from London to New York by Concord, due to the time zones crossed, you can arrive 2 hours before you leave.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.

A lion's roar can be heard from five miles away.

Canadian researchers have found that Einstein's brain was 15% wider than normal.

The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69. From 1725-1765, a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets. (this leads to all kinds speculations and thoughts)

The elephant is the only animal with 4 knees.

"Goodbye" came from "God bye" which came from "God be with you."

...so, God Bye !

A housefly has a life span of two weeks.

A lot less than that if the little b****r tramps all over my dinner!