Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Florida muck monster

Kipperphoenix

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A mysterious ripple in the waters near West Palm Beach has a name — the Muck Monster — and has been fodder for David Letterman.

Trouble is, no one has actually seen the Muck Monster.It first appeared on YouTube this summer in a video posted by Lagoonkeepers.org, a group that removes debris in the water.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I apologize if this has been here before.

The only thing I could say it might be is an alligator or a big fish. I might be wrong.

What do you think it is? :hmm:

• Like 2

The only thing I could say it might be is an alligator or a big fish. I might be wrong.

An alligator or big fish are both extremely good guesses. That was one big wake in the water though so it'd have to be a very big fish. Unfortunately we'll just have to wait until more footage or any reports come out about it to know exactly what it is.

Florida's coastal waters are teaming with candidates. Alligators and fish are certainly possibilities as are dolphins and manatee.

I'd say there's gonna need to be a better video than that to suggest that it's something other than an alligator or large fish.

Crossing currents can create wakes just like the one in the vid and IMO that is what it was. There may not have been a living entity responsible, just the natural oddities of intersecting currents. :tu:

• Like 2

I have to vote catfish on this one-- I have seen some freaking giant ones when I lived in the south.

It could be anything........but not a sea monster..

I mean, it is freaken Florida. It could be anything.

• Like 1

cause water makes its own ripples and wakes...no somthing swimming close to the surface, catfish, it didnt look that far from the shore so i dont think dolphin would be to big :lol: and manatee....no. i vote decent sized fish near the surface

Edited by catutie

Yeah. I've seen a wake just like that before. It was a fish.

Mystery solved.

Really now. A mysterious wake, and people scream monster over it. Bring me something interesting; like that footage on MonsterQuest of that trident-tailed sea beastie. Then we'll talk.

• Like 1

How the hell does "Some weird ripple" turn into "Muck monster"?

That is an astute a question as has ever been asked. The unfortunate answer is "because it does".

How the hell does "Some weird ripple" turn into "Muck monster"?

because people have crazy imaginations that ripples becomes this

post-82563-125373882525_thumb.jpg

Edited by catutie

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm interesting.. it never ceases to amaze me just how great some people's imaginations are! :rolleyes: