Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should U.S. adopt universal healthcare?

saucy

Should the U.S. have universal healthcare? I think it should because people who need help and can't afford it, like the millions who live in ghettos and are struggling, have to suffer more. Either let the person get sick and die, or miss a few rent payments and find yourself out on your butts. I think the government should take care of its people. Canada has it and it works out good for them, as far as I know. Anyone else thinks this is a good idea?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Chauncy

• jenk

• Falco Rex

Canada has it and it works out good for them, as far as I know. Anyone else thinks this is a good idea?

I think it is a great idea. It does work in Canada has for years, our taxes are higher because of it but it is well worth it!!

The only problem that we have here in Canada is a thing called "The Brain Drain".

This is when our Doctors and other scientific type people go to the USA because the profession is way more lucrative there as apposed to here. We actually have a shortage of Doctors here because of this fact, which leads to longer waits in Emergency rooms, but the USA has these waits too without the same healthcare system.

I think the problem in the USA is the fact that health care is a business, its for the profit.

We have to question the honesty of these money makers when it comes to new cures and vaccines.......it would seem now more then ever that there is more money to be made in treatment then in cures?

I live in Canada and I thought it is great except for one certain doctor who has yet to call me back and has a atomatic message system which tells me has not the time to see me about my MRI WHICH I HAD A MONTH AGO! The only way I can talk to this man is by going to his door and he is on the other side of the city! In short Universal healthcare good.......... Dr $%^#%^ bad......

not paying for my healthcare is WONDERFUL.

however, try the same stunt in america, and you're looking at a tax increase of 80%, if they even bother at all.

why?

sorry, the government sucks.

then again, i'm not THAT found of Mr. Chriten or however you spell his bloody name either.

then again, i'm not THAT found of Mr. Chriten or however you spell his bloody name either

Lucky he's not our Prime Minister anymore.....Paul Martin is.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/pe...Source=pm&PM=21

user posted image

*takes a step back.*

i apologise. i'm a british landed immigrant with no citizenship or voting rights, i don't take interest in canadian politics.

yeah, well my doctor gets paid some 200 dollars just for me to come in for five seconds. I had some blood drawn and instead of telling me the results over the phone, she suggests I come in to hear them so she can get paid! We need doctors who care about people, not money!

like our smeggin dentists.

'come on in so we can clean your teeth for 300 dollars'

'hmmm. looks like you got a piece of pork chop stuck in your teeth. that's going to take 250 dollars to take out'

''now, i'm just going to stab each and very one of your gums with this large pointed metal stick. it's going to bleed and hurt ALOT, and theres no real point in doing it but we're gonna do it anyway. that'll be 450 dollars please.'

My uncle is a dentist so I get poked in the mouth for free!!! grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

You might want to go back and re-word that post Jenk... rolleyes.gif

bwahahaha w00t.gif

poked in the mouth for free
go back and re-word that post Jenk...

LOL.....geez Jenk....a little decency eh....lol

You should at least charge five bucks or something........hehe

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif Sick sick sick people........ I shake my head........ Your just jealous that I get free Dental!! grin2.gif

or maybe they were just jealous that you get poked in the mouth for free eh! w00t.giflaugh.gifgrin2.gif

Your just jealous that I get free Dental!! 

LOL....your right Jenk....our mistake....we thought you meant ORAL w00t.gif

What a good sport you are thumbsup.gif

Guest Lottie

or maybe they were just jealous that you get poked in the mouth for free eh!

Jenk, You don't even charge!? grin2.gif

Mmmmmmmm was that always Fluoride he shot into my mouth? huh.gif

NOTE* To any mod. I suggest closing this thread right away befor it warps the minds of the less mature and younger veiwers of the forum.......MY GOD.....WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Getting back on tpic, heheheh, if the US could pull itself together and adopt a Universal Health Care system it could be incredibly beneficial.

I agree, I can't even afford to pay half of what I owe various hospitals and doctors. I still owe 8 Grand for my Son's Birth!

Either they need to make Medical care affordable or socialize it.

Man that sucks! If I didn't have Health care I most likly would not have had all these MRI's and EEG's. I'm feeling pretty lucky...............and I get free dental!..........

I've really got nothing important to say here. I just wanted to get one more post in before they put the lock on this..

Free Dental..heh-heh... grin2.gif

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My frikin' arm has been broken for eight godblessed months because I don't have insurance to pay for the surgery. Me and my husband are both in college and too poor to get insurance and there's nothing out there except community hospitals that are overloaded as it is.

god damn, that's terrible.

everyone, let this be a lesson to you, don't vote bush.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My frikin' arm has been broken for eight godblessed months because I don't have insurance to pay for the surgery. Me and my husband are both in college and too poor to get insurance and there's nothing out there except community hospitals that are overloaded as it is.

that ****ing sucks! you know if i was rich i'd pay for you surgery...

we need that unversal health if i works for canada then why won't we do it...

damned bush...