Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
saucy

Should U.S. adopt universal healthcare?

36 posts in this topic

snuffypuffer

Lemme just sum up what I think of universal healthcare... yes, I think it's a good thing.

bathory

we need that unversal health if i works for canada then why won't we do it...

well pay higher taxes then

oh right, you'd probably whinge about that too:)

Canada in a way gets it easy, they have a smaller population, and don't have to spend anything on defence because America subsidises it for them.

Chauncy

Canada in a way gets it easy, they have a smaller population, and don't have to spend anything on defence because America subsidises it for them

Actually we don't spend the money on the military because we don't go and try and take over new countries. Our military is designed to protect our borders, that of our neighbours, and to help maintain peace in other countries like Bosnia.

Thats what made me mad when alot of Americans were sour at Canada because of our role in the War in Iraq. Well we are there! and just because our OLD PM apposed the war doesn't mean that me and many others as individuals would not take up arms in support.

Also from a strategic stand point, any US president would want a neighbour with Urban Warfare expertise to keep troops in conservation in case his war comes down the poop shoot right into his back-yard......ya dig !!

user posted image

BurnSide

to be honest i was quite suprised canadian bacon didn't turn into 'freedom bacon' when the PM said he opposed the war, lol.

chico del nacho

canada has urban warfare expertise? from what? i'm not challenging you, i honestly don't know.

i oppose the war, but it's going on now, so what ya gonna do, eh?

as for universal medicare, it's handy dandy and funky fine wink2.gif

canadian bacon would be something different. french stuff turned to "freedom" (french toast, which isn't actually french being freedom toast) stuff, and german things became "liberty" things (saurkraut became liberty cabbage i think). so canadian bacon...DEMOCRACY HAM!

Edited by chico del nacho

Chauncy

canada has urban warfare expertise? from what? i'm not challenging you, i honestly don't know.

Yes our military was established in 1775, ever since then we have had extensive roles in almost every event, except Vietnam.

Here's a link that discusses what we are doing today.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/home_e.asp

Here's a link that discusses the history of our military, this site is very thorough!

http://www.iaw.on.ca/~awoolley/lwcf.html

user posted image

MoonBaby

that ****ing sucks! you know if i was rich i'd pay for you surgery...

we need that unversal health if i works for canada then why won't we do it...

damned bush...

Thank you very much. It's too bad more rich people aren't like that... grin2.gif

I have to say, Bush sucks so bad. I hope he's getting rich off of the oil fields in Iraq thumbsup.gif and that he has nightmares about all of the innocent people that have died because he's a greedy blank (fill it in yourself). I hope they haunt him too.

Tess

universal healthcare?DEFINITELY a good idea.............right now my hubby is laid off,which means no health insurance unless we can pay $800 a month for Cobra.......we haven't paid it,it's cheaper to pay for an office visit($60) and pay for prescriptions.........but,if one of us needs to go to the emergency room,we're up a creek!

While on the subject of healthcare,why is it a person can go to the doctor with an ingrown toenail and leave with a prescription for an anti-depressant?(normally whatever new drug has been on a tv commercial).The doctors get some kind of a kick-back for prescribing certain drugs,don't they?I try to keep a list of everything i see on the commercials,and then when the doctors prescribe one of them,i don't bother getting them because i know they're not "really" needed.(example,the doctor prescribing celebrex for my young son soon after i saw the commercial for the 1st time).It's all turned into nothing but a money making scheme.......it's a bunch of bull.

Mekorig

yes, a very good idea...thanks that argentina had it...if we had the same system than USA, a quarter of our population would be death. Is a very good thing the universal health care.

bathory

yes, a very good idea...thanks that argentina had it...if we had the same system than USA, a quarter of our population would be death. Is a very good thing the universal health care.

didn't argentinas economy completely sh** itself and die?

Mekorig

didn't argentinas economy completely sh** itself and die?

that was because the liberal economics politics that the military junta and the democratics goverments has followed since the 70´s. Now we are recovering very fast, and the new economic politics are more conservative, more in the Kaynes side.

I HATE wild capitalism. (and most economicians, they are the worst next to lawyers and priests)