Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wanna try a little NLP?

_Only

The human mind is an amazing and complex thing. However, someone who realizes this and studies certain techniques can make other people's minds do or think almost whatever they want them to. The technique is neuro-linguistic programming (or NLP).

The way one aspect of NLP works in a nutshell is the user of it attempts to subconsciously sway an unknowing person to think what they want them to by using certain techniques. I can give you a very simple example you can try and modify yourself on whatever "victim" you want. :innocent:

This one is a simple technique you can try on anyone at home, work, or on the street. I find it works best on strangers, because they are more easily caught off guard, which is a prime psychological time to plant a subconscious idea in their head. Ok, stop anyone walking by you by standing in front of them and putting your hands up saying "wait" or "hold on". But don't just put your hands up like normal. With one hand put 5 fingers out, and with the other only 3 fingers out (try to do it in a seemingly natural way). A good way to do the 3 fingered hand in a natural looking way is to use your thumb, index, and middle fingers. So, to the other person, it just seems like you put your hands out to stop them, but you're secretly showing them the number 8 with your fingers. Then, while still holding your hands up in front of them, ask them to think of the 1st number that comes into their head, but not to say it to you. Then tell them you can psychically guess it. Pretend to concentrate, and then say 8. The person will probably be amazed as that was the number they were thinking of. This was of course because their subconscious picked it up from you showing them the number with your fingers, even though they didn't consciously notice it. :D

If you did it right, and the person followed directions by thinking of the 1st number that came into their head, it should work most of the time. Now, it doesn't always work because some people are more susceptible to subconscious direction and NLP than others. But try it out, because if you're succesful, you will get a devious satisfaction out of knowing you psychologically tweaked someone to make them think what you wanted them to. ^_^

If anyone else has any other easy examples people can try, let me know. :tu:

Edited by Jerry Only

• 10 years later...

Anyone practising NLP?

Yesterday I listened on youtube about this little technique for the  financial abundance:

Choose some amount of money, let's say 1000$. Close your eyes and imagine where it is. If it's in your hand or near you that's good. If it's out of your reach it means that your subconscious believes that 1000 bucks is a lot of money and that you can't have it. Just put it near you in your mind and take it.

I did that with little bigger amount of money, let's see if chances for making it will occur.

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

Anyone practising NLP?

Yesterday I listened on youtube about this little technique for the  financial abundance:

Choose some amount of money, let's say 1000$. Close your eyes and imagine where it is. If it's in your hand or near you that's good. If it's out of your reach it means that your subconscious believes that 1000 bucks is a lot of money and that you can't have it. Just put it near you in your mind and take it.

I did that with little bigger amount of money, let's see if chances for making it will occur.

I have two envelopes with $2000 a piece in them......I know exactly where that money is.

• Like 1

Grrr, got caught in a necropost thread......<_<

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 1

lol. that's not the point of this NLP technique.

17 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

lol. that's not the point of this NLP technique.

Sorry, but I've got better techniques for impressing a wish into my subconscious. 

The problem with visualizing and imagining an outcome is that it dilutes motivation. As it's already a form of wish fulfillment.