Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Archeological Suppression in New Zealand

Chauncy

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's not closed mindedness you're detecting. It's our b.s. meters going off. If any of this woo wants to ever be taken serious. Then it need to have the same rigors real science has. 

If it's not closed-mindedness, then Papa wouldn't be able to announce (endlessly) to us his moral superiority and clearer understanding of What's Really Going On (TM). We would never know HOW MUCH BETTER A PERSON HE IS THAN THE REST OF US.

...and if he couldn't do that, why would he ever bother posting?

No, seriously. That's an actual question. One of the real unexplained mysteries 'round here.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Adena-Middlesex Culture developed from the Glacier Kame Culture who developed from the Proto-Algonquians who migrated from the Columbian Plateau. They were the ancestors of the Southeast and Central Algonquians. MY PEOPLE!   WE did not come from Atlantis!

So what exactly did Cayce say?

And how could you know the complete story of history. There could be truth in what you say and whatever Cayce says, right.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

And how could you know the complete story of history. There could be truth in what you say and whatever Cayce says, right.

I have a archaeology, history and geology background from my former position as a tribal Cultural Officer and liason to the local museum and My sister has the Edgar Cayce book on the Mound builders.

So your going to do this again....... 

You, a white person, is gonna now educate me in my history like you tried to educate me in my spirituality/ religion in another thread.:blink:

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Swede said:

1) We have been over this before. There is no such credible sub-field as "psychic archaeology". The "concept" is pure and utter rubbish and thus of no use to valid research.

2) And no, "challenging finds" are not arbitrarily "filed away". While financial and temporal constraints may result in paced investigations, the truly "challenging finds" actually stimulate additional research and assessment. However, the understanding of actual "challenging finds" is quite distinct from the pursuit of contrived fantasies.

50 minutes ago, Harte said:

If you were to read the thread, you'd find that the OP is full of it.

Too late to tell him though, he's already been told. And besides, he hasn't been here for a decade, I think.

On top of that, what you consider to be "challenging finds" (real ones, not the crap in the OP,) are certainly intensely studied.

When the claimants allow it, that is.

Harte

Yes we've been through this before. There are psychic sources I respect and yes, I give serious consideration to what they say.

And after decades I am aware of the attitude of academia when dealing with paranormal/cryptozoological/alien claims and I believe them to be closed-minded and psychologically attached to ruling the roost over what mainstream beliefs should look like. Newcomers beware.

My opinion on the psychology of the two sides involved is the real issue.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My opinion on the psychology of the two sides involved is the real issue.

What, that people like me are "covering up" OUR own history and don't know OUR own culture???....... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

What, that people like me are "covering up" OUR own history and don't know OUR own culture???....... 

Well I'm heading for the bunker. I do not want to be around when this bomb goes off. Georgie done stepped on a landmine.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

I have a archaeology, history and geology background from my former position as a tribal Cultural Officer and liason to the local museum and My sister has the Edgar Cayce book on the Mound builders.

You, a white person, is gonna now educate me in my history like you tried to educate me in my spirituality/ religion in another thread.:blink:

Do you hold your knowledge to be complete and infallible? Should I?

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Not covering up but not fully knowledge either. We’re talking tens of thousands of years now.

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Except the bits when he claims to heal people without a medical license.

You know, the times when he landed in jail for that. I know you lot don't like to talk about that, since it involves the explicit confirmation that your messiah knowingly worked at least part-time as a con-man.

36 minutes ago, Piney said:

Classless enough when it happened the first time, but to happen again? Some people are just really tone-deaf.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Classless enough when it happened the first time, but to happen again? Some people are just really tone-deaf.

--Jaylemurph

It just happened a third time......

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you hold your knowledge to be complete and infallible? Should I?

So your saying Cayce is right and the Adena were from Atlantis contrary to what archaeology and genetics show?

What I know is facts exposed by archaeology, anthropology, linguistics and genetic studies. The only thing I deal with is facts. When you put a piece of a puzzle together it is not guessing where it goes but figuring out where it fits.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

So your saying Cayce is right and the Adena were from Atlantis contrary to what archaeology and genetics show?

No, you can check that I never said that or ever heard of the Adena until now. You are creating the argument you want to have but not listening well.

No, you can check that I never said that or ever heard of the Adena until now. You are creating the argument you want to have but not listening well.

You were defending Cayce.  Yet you knew nothing of his made up history of the Adena. You created the argument.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

You were defending Cayce.  Yet you knew nothing of his made up history of the Adena. You created the argument.

I respect Cayce yes, but haven’t heard all sides on that particular issue.

I respect Cayce yes, but haven’t heard all sides on that particular issue.

I suggest you read more of his books and compare them to actual facts. You will find a lot of historical errors.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I suggest you read more of his books and compare them to actual facts. You will find a lot of historical errors.

I should, and I know not to listen to just critics in any para field.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I should, and I know not to listen to just critics in any para field.

I only critical of people presenting false facts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I only critical of people presenting false facts.

So am I. 

10 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

That "evidence" from Australia you are referring to wouldn't happen to be the discredited "Gosford Glyphs"? That 1970s college prank carved by people who's knowledge of the Hieroglyphic script was limited to stenciling a few random signs?

Learn the Egyptian language, the glyphs say nothing coherently. Rather they are a random selection of poorly carved signs, many completely made up, that could easily be discredited by anyone with an Egyptological background.

There were ancient and biblical  tales of Ophir  for gold and precious metals.. http://www.ancientpages.com/2016/12/16/quest-legendary-ophir-biblical-el-dorado/   some have suggested the mythical Ophir could have been Australia.. which would support some of the other ancient tales and remnants of ancient seafarers off the Queensland coasts..  Obviously Australia was known enough for the dozens of migrations of various peoples  to Australia over 60,000 years.  There are some ancient legends of there being people there when the first  groups of what  are now known as Aboriginals first arrived in Australia.  http://freedomcode.com.au/pyramids-in-australia/ 

The rock walls chronicle a tragic saga of ancient explorers shipwrecked in a strange and hostile land, and the untimely death of their royal leader, "Lord Djes-eb".

A group of three cartouches (framed clusters of glyphs) record the name of "RA-JEDEF" as reigning King of the Upper and Lower Nile, and son of "KHUFU" who, in turn, is son of the King "SNEFERU".

This dates the expedition just after the reign of King Khufu (known in the Greek as "Cheops" reputed builder of the Great Pyramid) somewhere between 1779 and 2748 BC.

Lord Djes-eb may have actually been one of the sons of the Pharaoh Ra Djedef, who reigned after Khufu.

The hieroglyphic text was apparently written under the instruction of a ship's captain or similar, with the corner glyph on the wall displaying the title of a high official or chief priest.

The scribe is "speaking for his Highness, the Prince, from this wretched place where we were carried by ship."

The expedition's leader, as mentioned before is described in the inscriptions as the King's son, "Lord Djes-eb", who came to grief a long way from home.

The hieroglyphics sketch his journey and his tragic demise: "For two seasons he made his way westward, weary, but strong to the end.

Always praying, joyful, and smiting insects. He, the servant of God, said God brought the insects.

Have gone around hills and deserts, in wind and rain, with no lakes at hand.

He was killed while carrying the Golden Falcon Standard up front in a foreign land, crossing mountains, desert and water along the way.

He, who died before, is here laid to rest.

May he have life everlasting. He is never again to stand beside the waters of the Sacred Mer. MER meaning "love".

There was a moat around the pyramid called the "waters of Mer".

The second facing wall, which was much more seriously eroded, details the tragedy further.

This wall begins with the badly eroded glyph of a snake (Heft), with a glyph of jaws (to bite) and the symbol for 'twice'.

The snake bit twice.

Those followers of the diving Lord "KHUFU", mighty one of Lower Egypt, Lord of the Two Adzes, not all shall return.

We must go forward and not look back.

All the creek and river beds are dry. Our boat is damaged and tied up with rope.

Death was caused by snake. We gave egg-yolk from the medicine-chest and prayed to AMEN, the Hidden One, for he was struck twice."

Burial rituals, prayers and preparations are described.

"We walled in the side entrance to the chamber with stones from all around. We aligned the chamber with the Western Heavens."

The three doors of eternity were connected to the rear end of the royal tomb and sealed in.

We placed beside it a vessel, the holy offering, should he awaken from the tomb.

Separated from home is the Royal body and all others.

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Egypt/Australia.htm

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~classblu/egypt/article.htm 

Trying to find evidence here.. the Cairo Times existed at that time.. but I can't yet find the 1982 copy.. but exploring further on Fayum digs for evidence of the kangaroos etc..  I found out about these..  I had no idea that these paintings were discovered in those Fayum tombs.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayum_mummy_portraits   It seems that Fayum is spelt various ways.. even in the same article.. :)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faiyum 

https://www.seeker.com/57-ancient-egyptian-tombs-with-mummies-unearthed-1766071569.html  

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/01/080130-egypt-mummies.html 

Edited by crystal sage

:)  could the crocodiles have originally come from Australia ??? http://www.touregypt.net/medinetfayoum.htm 

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/sobek.html#.WlbNB0xuIdU

Some time later... I will explore this further... to see if I can find documented supporting evidence for theses assertions..  http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/strangephenomenon.html

About 900 B.C King Solomon and Hiram, King of Tyre, had sent a fleet manned by Phoenicians into the Red Sea to search for the legendary land of Ophir and its riches.Where it penetrated is un-established. There is however reason to believe that "Ophir" was the West coast of Australia and the source of much of the Gold used in the building of King Solomons Temple.

Aboriginal Cultures {Egyptian Influences}

While investigating Aboriginal cultures in the North-West Kimberly's during 1931, Professor A.P Elkin of Sydney University came upon tribes displaying Mediterranean racial features, with Egyptian words in their language. Professor Elkin also recorded quite ancient Masonic rites and beliefs, and an Earth Mother cult identical in every respect with that of the Ancient Egyptians. These findings led Professor Elkin to believe there were historical connections with the Mediterranean dating to before the time of Christ. Torres Strait islanders once mummified their dead in a way which Cambridge University Anthropologists noticed was identical to the method practiced during the 21st Dynasty 2,900 years ago. The inference is that Egyptians seamen, settled in Torres Strait, taught the people there how, in their own ritual fashion, to preserve the bodies of the dead. The custom continued until Christian missionaries forbade it late last century (1800's) If Egyptians, or folk from their part of the world, did reach Australia they supposedly took home materials as lasting evidence of their visit.

Eucalyptus 1000 B.C

Such evidence exists. In 1964 the tomb of a woman, dating back to 1,000 B.C was found in the Jordan Valley. Examination of the body revealed that Eucalyptus resin was employed in the embalming process.As in those times Eucalyptus could only have been obtained from either Australia, Torres Strait or New Guinea, does it not seem reasonable to assume that the Ancient Egyptians must have been here? Of course, some authorities are going to cry absurd to such claims, preferring to confine themselves to the traditional view of Australian discoveries and exploration. The trouble with most European historians is that they place far to much emphasis upon European achievements, without giving any consideration to the navigational abilities of other earlier seafaring races. Just because the voyages of Jansz, Hartog, Dampier, Tasman and Cook are well documented does not mean that other earlier, less well-recorded or unknown voyages to Australia did not take place.

All of interest.. maybe these red headed mummies discovered in New Zealand.. and evidence of other races pre Maori could have been settlements   established by the Phoenicians.. the Egyptians..  the Vikings...  the ancient  Sea People  that chose to find new amazing places for their people to settle and thrive.  To build safe trading places for all the travelling merchants.. an expansion for the old silk roads trading routes.. We still need to find who built the 92 artificial Islands of Nan Madol  thousands of years ago.. obviously other trading centres.. ( it was a place were the rare and much treasured  by the Asians  green turtles still thrive. )   Remember  the most valid evidence for the cross world to Australia migrations and obvious knowledge of the land was evidence of mass waves of people migrating to Australia over 10's of thousands of years.  Could they have only waited for the ice ages and migrated towards Australia only at those times? Still there had to be knowledge of the Existence of Australia for it to be such a popular destination for these thousands of years.. ( Australia is also the home of many rare opals/ not just gold that were treasured by the ancients.. ) 

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/migration-to-australia/

http://www.ibtimes.com/did-ancient-indians-migrate-australia-4000-years-ago-1016864

https://australianmuseum.net.au/the-spread-of-people-to-australia

Edited by crystal sage

great gaps in history are also displayed here.. ( remember the evidence of the  10,000's of years of migration to Australia which meant they could most likely have  settled or travelled through those other lands, islands) https://cosmosmagazine.com/society/how-prehistoric-settlers-reached-far-flung-oceania-islands 

Image result for   premaori ancient new zealand

Suggested reading: Reprints of very early colonial books printed by A.H. & A.W. Reed and reprints of withdrawn books by Capper Press (Wellington). Authors: Elsdon Best, Edward Tregear, James Cowan, Sir Peter Buck, "Te Ika A Maui, NZ and its Inhabitants", by Rev Richard Taylor (1855); Tuwharetoa, by John Grace,
Sir George Grey, early maritime explorers like Lt. Croset or Joseph Banks, The Journal of the Polynesian Society or the huge amount of testimony given before the Native Land Court, ‘This Horrid Practice’ by Paul Moon.

Mykeljon Winckel

http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/28432-taine-here-long-before-tane-according-to-scots-history.html 

http://www.gavinmenzies.net/Evidence/2-ruins-may-show-incas-beat-maoris-to-new-zealand/

and the flimsy evidence that they suggest validates the Maori suggested that the colonization of New Zealand could not have predated 1280AD !!!!   Rats !!!!  https://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/science/plants-animals-fungi/ecosystems/prehistoric-settlement/human-arrival Also as an excuse not to bother dating the bones.. as the gnaw marks of the rats was better evidentiary proof ... 

An international team of researchers, led by Dr Janet Wilmshurst from Landcare Research, spent 4 years on a study which shows conclusively that the earliest evidence for human colonisation is about 1280-1300 AD, and no earlier. They based their results on new radiocarbon dating of Pacific rat bones and rat-gnawed seeds. Their results do not support previous radiocarbon dating of Pacific rat bones.

Their study is the first time that the actual sites involved in the original study have been re-excavated and analyzed. Furthermore, the reliability of the bone dating has been questioned, with explanations for their anomalously old ages ranging from variations in laboratory pre treatments to bone contamination through either post-mortem processes or dietary- related offsets. Work, funded by the Royal Society of New Zealand Marsden Fund, has resolved the debate using several approaches.

The study, one of the largest studies of its kind, has shown that the country was not visited by humans over 2000 years ago, as some previous research suggests. The work is published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in the United States.

https://teara.govt.nz/en/pacific-migrations/page-6

again negated by ancient cave art.. and other archeological findings as well as their narrated records ancient histories..  http://www.bluebananastudios.com/history-of-tonga 

Edited by crystal sage