Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Archeological Suppression in New Zealand

Chauncy

17 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

There's more than one version of "translations," at least that I'm aware of. All supposed translations are fanciful farces, concocted by people who have no idea how hieroglyphs work or how the ancient language functions. They just want to seem smart to their readers, except to those readers who do know how hieroglyphs work and how the ancient language functions. As you know, that cliff face is just a random, nonsensical scattering of glyphs, no rhyme or reason, the same effect one might achieve by throwing an open can of alphabet soup against a wall.

I suspect the Gosford hoax has been perpetrated by more than one doofus, and at more than one time. I suspect there have been numerous doofuses. Doofusi?

Have you heard of the alleged Egyptian pyramids and artifacts hidden within the Grand Canyon? It was mentioned in a book of David Hatcher Childress's and an episode of Scott Wolter's America Unearthed, but I haven't investigated it further.

I'm always open to the possibility of ancient transoceanic travel, but the similarity with the obvious Gosford hoax and the advocacy of this claim by noted charlatans Childress and Wolter does raise my skepticism here.

I was wondering what you think of these claims? And could you perhaps dedicate a blog post to them if you have time?

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

I suspect the Gosford hoax has been perpetrated by more than one doofus, and at more than one time. I suspect there have been numerous doofuses. Doofusi?

Doofi ... ?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Doofi ... ?

Doofae...or if your Algonquian it's doofuhk

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Have you heard of the alleged Egyptian pyramids and artifacts hidden within the Grand Canyon? It was mentioned in a book of David Hatcher Childress's and an episode of Scott Wolter's America Unearthed, but I haven't investigated it further.

I'm always open to the possibility of ancient transoceanic travel, but the similarity with the obvious Gosford hoax and the advocacy of this claim by noted charlatans Childress and Wolter does raise my skepticism here.

I was wondering what you think of these claims? And could you perhaps dedicate a blog post to them if you have time?

The ecological event known as the "Columbian Exchange" negates this theory.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Piney said:

The ecological event known as the "Columbian Exchange" negates this theory.

So your saying aboriginal American societies were not sophisticated enough to have traded with backward bumpkins like the ancient Egyptian population? That it took ruthless, barbaric European invaders to bring those trinkets here?

Sounds a bit condescending an attitude to me...:P

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

So your saying aboriginal American societies were not sophisticated enough to have traded with backward bumpkins like the ancient Egyptian population? That it took ruthless, barbaric European invaders to bring those trinkets here?

Sounds a bit condescending an attitude to me...:P

No, I'm saying we didn't have any invasive species or diseases which point to it. :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

My first time visiting the alternative history forum, and this is the first post I read. :blink:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, crystal sage said:

"Common sense" would dictate the consistent utilization of credible research in order to develop an informed understanding of the topic of concern. Your most recent included references, as with so many others, would not appear to be at all consistent with such practices. Nor do they appear to have any significant relevance to the topic at hand. Qualified research is actually quite available. Availing yourself of such may save you a notable amount of time and effort, though it may also result in damage to your fantasies.

Edit: Phrasing.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

There are several features in Australia that have been called pyramids and I'm not all that familiar with them. They inspire little interest in me, personally. For my blog I wrote a four-part article on Gossford, which took a lot of research and some collaboration, so that might be the extent of my research into things Egyptian in Australia. Personally I don't think any ancient Egyptian ever set foot on that continent, or anywhere close to it. Same goes for the Phoenicians and other ancient Near Easterners. That's my perspective and I know it's not shared by everyone.

Childress I'm a little familiar with. He likes alternative history and historical revisionism. I don't see him as a real researcher, academic, or historian, so I don't place stock in his written material. I don't think I'm familiar with Wolter.

The Grand Canyon thing has come up at UM many times before, although I can't remember if there's been a thread dedicated to it. I don't buy it for a moment but haven't looked into it in any detail. That might indeed be a good topic for an article in my blog, although not a priority right now.

• Like 1

On January 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM, crystal sage said:

...  then there is a significant chance that the Egyptians knew about Australia as well.

No, there isn't. There really isn't.

As there are trade links with the Egyptians and the people of India at that time.

Again, no there isn't. There isn't any real evidence for cross-cultural transference between India and Egypt until the Hellenistic Period. The closest you might get with Egypt is western Persia.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Aquila King said:

My first time visiting the alternative history forum, and this is the first post I read. :blink:

Been here for 12 years. Fun stuff! That's just jarocals special kind of sarcasm.... .:lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Piney is correct. Jarocal is actually perfectly sane but enjoys playing the foil. I suspect he's some sort of masochist. He is otherwise a good fellow, aside from preferring those primitive South American civilizations to ancient Egypt. :P

(With apologies to Piney for that last dig. It's the usual Jarocal vs. kmt thing.)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

preferring those primitive South American civilizations to ancient Egypt. :P

Hey now! :o..........:lol:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

Hey now! :o..........:lol:

:D Just wait. Sooner rather than later he'll come back with some jab about those stinky-footed bumpkins in Egypt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Piney is correct. Jarocal is actually perfectly sane but enjoys playing the foil. I suspect he's some sort of masochist. He is otherwise a good fellow, aside from preferring those primitive South American civilizations to ancient Egypt. 

Ancient Egypt wasn't all THAT great.

At least the South American population didn't walk sideways with their elbows bent and their palms out.

Harte

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harte said:

Ancient Egypt wasn't all THAT great.

At least the South American population didn't walk sideways with their elbows bent and their palms out.

Harte

:lol:

• Like 1

Piney is correct. Jarocal is actually perfectly sane but enjoys playing the foil. I suspect he's some sort of masochist. He is otherwise a good fellow, aside from preferring those primitive South American civilizations to ancient Egypt. :P

(With apologies to Piney for that last dig. It's the usual Jarocal vs. kmt thing.)

If you notice the jab was already in the post asking if Piney thought the Aboriginal American population was not sophisticated enough since the world already knew that the Ancient Egyptian culture was not. 

Who in their right mind would not prefer a culture which invented useful items and technology instead of stealing or poorly copying technology from actual innovative Near East cultures.

Seriously the crowning achievement for Ancient Egyptian Civilization comprises 3 large piles of Limestone and a(potentially) recarved Statue of the Sphinx.

Edited by Jarocal
Fringe theories are like Bratwurst. They go great with beer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Piney said:

Been here for 12 years. Fun stuff! That's just jarocals special kind of sarcasm.... .:lol:

That's it avoid answering simple questions posed?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

That's it avoid answering simple questions posed?

:lol::tu:

Lol, I figured. :lol: Just found it to be the first post that caught my eye and was like "whaaaaaaaaa?"

• Like 1

On 12/01/2018 at 8:17 AM, kmt_sesh said:

We call a confederation of doofus here “One Nation Voters”.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We call a confederation of doofus here “One Nation Voters”.

I thought that confederation usually just called themselves Orthodox Academia (Egyptology branch).:D

Edited by Jarocal
Yea tho I walk through the Valley of the shadow of furballs, i will fear no feline.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

I thought that confederation usually just called themselves Orthodox Academia (Egyptology branch).:D

He's speaking of some phenomenon in Australia, I believe. What you're speaking of is the Cabal. All hail! We of the Cabal do not allow voting because all but a select few of us are too low to be allowed a voice. And naturally, that select few of us is the Egyptology branch. :devil:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

He's speaking of some phenomenon in Australia, I believe. What you're speaking of is the Cabal. All hail! We of the Cabal do not allow voting because all but a select few of us are too low to be allowed a voice. And naturally, that select few of us is the Egyptology branch. :devil:

Egyptologists are like weathermen. Confidently asserting something one day and spending the next explaining why they were not actually wrong even though their conjecture missed the mark.

And this is the group the Cabal gives authority to?:P

Edited by Jarocal
Yea tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Furballs, I will fear no feline.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Egyptologists are like weathermen. Confidently asserting something one day and spending the next explaining why they were not actually wrong even though their conjecture missed the mark.

And this is the group the Cabal gives authority to?:P

Well, the small amount of authority Our Past Basset Masters are willing to concede.

As far as I'm aware, that mostly amounts to use of the Basset's basement rec room space on alternate Thursdays and Saturdays. Mostly the Egyptologists use it as rehearsal space for their garage band.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4