Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Archeological Suppression in New Zealand

Chauncy

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

..*sigh*......and he starts this before I even have my first coffee down......

Breakfast is at 4:10 every morning. You are always welcome to stop by for a bite and a cup of coffee.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

More a case of "Simple things amuse the simple minded". I can entertain myself for days with a couple sticks, string, and large pile of fieldstone.

Then you must attend one of my flintknapping classes at Wheaton Arts. I'll let you beat out all my pre-forms as it bores me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m expecting the people whose job it was to write stuff done to be able to write stuff done in such s way as to be legible. 

Some of the locals or fellow travelers or  ancient tour guides  could have just copied some of the scripts from their parchments.. just out of respect  for the Egyptian travelers out of respect.   The ancients often had some fellow scientists with them, botanists, some people with basic medical knowledge.. ( most would have been from rich families with interests in exploring foreign lands.. foreign plants.. foreign flora and fauna.. foreign wildlife or mapping lands.. a priest or two.. assistants.. but not too many scribes..) mainly soldiers.. and maybe some friends.. slaves.. http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/trade/travel.htm

There are still lots of old mysteries to sort out.. https://phoenicia.org/carthanewworld.html There would definitely have been many cultures and nations involved in the prehistoric  silk road trading . There is evidence  now that it went overland through Siberia.. towards America..http://www.worldhistoria.com/siberian-links-to-europe-and-america_topic128667.html  How much further down could it have gone too.. especially as Australia has had many groups settling the land over 10s of thousands of years.. There is DNA  evidence that 5000 years ago people from India migrated to Australia.. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-15/research-shows-ancient-indian-migration-to-australia/4466382    Now India was part of the Silk road too.. It does not seem so strange that they didn't continue the migration.. especially if profit was involved.. Then there was the trade of the rare green turtles that the ancient Chinese treasured.. these came from Micronesia..   The Nan Madol Region that also included 92 man made Islands that were said to have been constructed around 2000 years ago and share a legend of a magic genie flying  in the skies..  of its construction of  how it was all build practically overnight   with Indonesia.. and how their ancient pyramid was constructed.. ( Same building materials,  giant basalt  pylons.. all came from ??? )  looks similar to the large stones of Scotland.. Image result for basalt scotlanddavid-wall-basalt-columns-by-fingal-s-cave-staffa-off-isle-of-mull-scotland.jpgScotlandNan-Madol-2.jpgNan Madol Image result for nan madol

A geologist claims that the world's oldest pyramid is hidden under rubble (pictured) in West Java, which if true, could re-write pre-history in the region and shed light on a powerful and advanced ancient civilisationIndonesia 

Edited by crystal sage

On 1/19/2018 at 7:20 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Maybe Solutreans were Indians,who colonized Europe, not the other way around.

Intriguing thought and could prove worth considering if Solutrean style points are found in North America which predate ones found in Europe. I could readily believe it was American ingenuity driving exploration and technology in that time period.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Intriguing thought and could prove worth considering if Solutrean style points are found in North America which predate ones found in Europe. I could readily believe it was American ingenuity driving exploration and technology in that time period.

We used a Tardis and accidentally jumped back 20,000 years.....

• Like 3