Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Chauncy

Archeological Suppression in New Zealand

307 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

crystal sage

 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, Swede said:

Heavens. How can one dispute the authenticity of genuine gold-painted lead artifacts, replete with wholly inaccurate glyphs? Such cynicism. And the apparently non-existent cave should not at all influence one's evaluation.

.

Ah... but you are expecting all the ancients to be literate... even now most of the population would have problems writing a passable article without the aid of spellcheck.. The ancients who were professional scribes would have been employed in the heart of the civilizations.. the not so gifted scribes.. or those taken on tours around the world.. may very likely not to have been as gifted. Those that often went with them may not have been able to tell the difference. Or there is a huge chance that the one or two gifted scribes.. https://www.britannica.com/topic/hieroglyphic-writing    https://www.britannica.com/topic/hieratic-script  

hieratic script writers... that were employed for the dangerous overseas adventures... some may have come along claiming to have the skill.   The fact that the quality of the hieroglyphs or their accuracy of the scripts found around the world does not mean they are faked.. just done by unskilled people .. illiterates.. or done by others hoping to respect their tradition.. who did their best to commemorate their journey.. record their stay or visit.   or done badly by others who wished to restore commemorate an event.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crystal sage

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34175224

http://islandheritage.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RNJ_9_1_Langdon.pdf

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/adventure/photos-emerge-of-incredible-easter-island-discovery/news-story/10740beb630cd8d75b89f3dc477b3ec9

http://islandheritage.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RNJ_9_1_Langdon.pdf

Quote

In a nutshell, if the question of Easter Island's Basque genes is confronted squarely and ifone tries to explain (rather than explain away) many other kinds of evidence, a neat solution seems to emerge to a threefold mystery: why many Easter Islanders in early European times were remarkably European-looking; why they spoke a Polynesian language; and why they lived in an environment that apparently owed more to South America than anywhere else. But this solution is completely at odds with the recent findings of a team of scientists who analyzed mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) from the bones of 12 ancient Easter Island adults. So a few words are also called for about those findings, especially as Bahn (1994) sets great store by them. The scientists involved in the mtDNA inquiry (Hagelberg et at 1994) were headed by Dr Erika Hagelberg of the Department of Biological Anthropology at the University of Cambridge. They claimed that their analyses of mtDNA (a) confirmed (sic) the 'Polynesian affinities' of Easter Island's original settlers; (b) pointed to 'a lack of sigpjficant contact between Polynesia and the Americas' in prehistoric times; and (c) showed that the prehistoric Easter Islanders derived from the 'identical lineage' of other Polynesians. Unfortunately, the scientists appear to have read far more into the mtDNA evidence than the evidence itselfpermits

 

 

Edited by crystal sage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
8 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Now, now. We're talking about the fringe here. You know, the population whose collective IQ is seven.

Because Mainstream Academia manages to grift a larger amount per victim from their shams, I mean "education programs" does not necessitate a higher intelligence quotient on their part.

Seriously, if Hancock is wrong with his assertions your out no more than $20 for a book which was an entertaining read. Evidence proves Meggars wrong with her "law of Environmental constraints". Her book narratives read as dry as Creighton's, a used copy is more than twice that of Hancock's new, and it is still required reading for some college courses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Are you actually posting there? There's too much woo there, even for me, and I'm a Moderator here.

Just lurking until some nonsense showing my ancestors were Celto-Semite-Japanese who built Moundsville with TK shows up. :tu:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
18 hours ago, crystal sage said:

 

Ah... but you are expecting all the ancients to be literate... even now most of the population would have problems writing a passable article without the aid of spellcheck.. The ancients who were professional scribes would have been employed in the heart of the civilizations.. the not so gifted scribes.. or those taken on tours around the world.. may very likely not to have been as gifted. Those that often went with them may not have been able to tell the difference. Or there is a huge chance that the one or two gifted scribes.. https://www.britannica.com/topic/hieroglyphic-writing    https://www.britannica.com/topic/hieratic-script  

hieratic script writers... that were employed for the dangerous overseas adventures... some may have come along claiming to have the skill.   The fact that the quality of the hieroglyphs or their accuracy of the scripts found around the world does not mean they are faked.. just done by unskilled people .. illiterates.. or done by others hoping to respect their tradition.. who did their best to commemorate their journey.. record their stay or visit.   or done badly by others who wished to restore commemorate an event.. 

1) Your "argument" is composed entirely of speculation for which there is no credible support. Furthermore, there are no indications that the glyphs that are "found around the world" are anything other than frauds or misinterpretations. These latter factors have been clearly demonstrated on numerous occasions eg Gosford, etc.

2) You are, once again, falling victim to a typical fringe tactic, ie attempting to isolate a given element from the broader cultural/temporal/environmental context. Cultural/human actions do not occur in a vacuum. In the particular case at hand (the Burrow's Cave hoax), one would be advised to study not only the purported "artifact" assemblage, but the circumstances, events, actions, and personnel associated with said hoax.

.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
4 hours ago, Swede said:

1) Your "argument" is composed entirely of speculation for which there is no credible support. Furthermore, there are no indications that the glyphs that are "found around the world" are anything other than frauds or misinterpretations. These latter factors have been clearly demonstrated on numerous occasions eg Gosford, etc.

2) You are, once again, falling victim to a typical fringe tactic, ie attempting to isolate a given element from the broader cultural/temporal/environmental context. Cultural/human actions do not occur in a vacuum. In the particular case at hand (the Burrow's Cave hoax), one would be advised to study not only the purported "artifact" assemblage, but the circumstances, events, actions, and personnel associated with said hoax.

.

It's quite possible the only hoax more ridiculous than Gosford is Burrow's Cave.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On 18/01/2018 at 2:41 PM, crystal sage said:

 

Ah... but you are expecting all the ancients to be literate... even now most of the population would have problems writing a passable article without the aid of spellcheck.. The ancients who were professional scribes would have been employed in the heart of the civilizations.. the not so gifted scribes.. or those taken on tours around the world.. may very likely not to have been as gifted. Those that often went with them may not have been able to tell the difference. Or there is a huge chance that the one or two gifted scribes.. https://www.britannica.com/topic/hieroglyphic-writing    https://www.britannica.com/topic/hieratic-script  

hieratic script writers... that were employed for the dangerous overseas adventures... some may have come along claiming to have the skill.   The fact that the quality of the hieroglyphs or their accuracy of the scripts found around the world does not mean they are faked.. just done by unskilled people .. illiterates.. or done by others hoping to respect their tradition.. who did their best to commemorate their journey.. record their stay or visit.   or done badly by others who wished to restore commemorate an event.. 

I’m expecting the people whose job it was to write stuff done to be able to write stuff done in such s way as to be legible. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

Reminds me of people interpreting scratches on stone in North America to be ancient Irish Ogham Script.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Reminds me of people interpreting scratches on stone in North America to be ancient Irish Ogham Script.

Wampum and arrow shaft grinding stones or colonial chisel marks? Because they both spell "dumbass" in Q-Celtic and P- Celtic.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
5 hours ago, Piney said:

Wampum and arrow shaft grinding stones or colonial chisel marks? Because they both spell "dumbass" in Q-Celtic and P- Celtic.

I thought Aboriginal Americans were the ones who taught the Irish Ogham bringing literacy to the Island...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
40 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I thought Aboriginal Americans were the ones who taught the Irish Ogham bringing literacy to the Island...

Call me "Aboriginal American" one more time.........

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
4 hours ago, Piney said:

Call me "Aboriginal American" one more time.........

I say it with love. :D

Would you prefer Post-Solutrean, Clovis-connected, or Pre-Bellicose-Nescient-European-Invaders American?

I have difficulty using the term Indian. Every time I see the term I run over to the gas station by the shop to get a Slurpee and some junk food off of the roller grill.

Dammit now I am hungry.<_<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

I say it with love. :D

Would you prefer Post-Solutrean, Clovis-connected, or Pre-Bellicose-Nescient-European-Invaders American?

I have difficulty using the term Indian. Every time I see the term I run over to the gas station by the shop to get a Slurpee and some junk food off of the roller grill.

Dammit now I am hungry.<_<

:lol: Howabout

First Nations Clovis Connected People Who Pushed Other First Nation People on the Prairie and Killed Them so They Can Be Called "Woodland" Then Were Hired By Kit Carson to Kill Other First Nation People and Sell Their Families as Slaves to Mexico.

Screw it, I like just plain "Native".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
19 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

It's quite possible the only hoax more ridiculous than Gosford is Burrow's Cave.

As far as the Egyptian aspect, this assessment could well be accurate. The lengthy story-line of the Burrow's Cave hoax is a saga unto itself. However, let us not forget the other North American "wonders" such as the Grave Creek Stone, the Davenport Tablets, the Decalogue Stone, the Bat Creek Stone, etc. Sadly, the history of lithic "script"-bearing hoaxes is hardly limited.

Edit: Text.

 

Edited by Swede
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
3 hours ago, Jarocal said:

I say it with love. :D

Would you prefer Post-Solutrean, Clovis-connected, or Pre-Bellicose-Nescient-European-Invaders American?

I have difficulty using the term Indian. Every time I see the term I run over to the gas station by the shop to get a Slurpee and some junk food off of the roller grill.

Dammit now I am hungry.<_<

Maybe Solutreans were Indians,who colonized Europe, not the other way around.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
28 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Maybe Solutreans were Indians,who colonized Europe, not the other way around.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HollyDolly

The Discovery Channel did a show on Cocaine Mummies. Now these mummies were EGYPTIAN MUMMIES that were being examined. I believe ancient man got around much more than the scholars say. Coco plant they get cocaine from doesn't grow in Egypt to my knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

The "Cocaine Mummies" topic has been discussed here for decades. 

Have you ever tried the "search" function here?

Harte

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
6 hours ago, Harte said:

The "Cocaine Mummies" topic has been discussed here for decades. 

Have you ever tried the "search" function here?

Harte

It's sure a popular topic for the chronically astonished. Arguably the most recent was this one:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/307816-ancient-egyptians-nicotine-and-cocaine/

It was quite lively for a while.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
12 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

The Discovery Channel did a show on Cocaine Mummies. Now these mummies were EGYPTIAN MUMMIES that were being examined. I believe ancient man got around much more than the scholars say. Coco plant they get cocaine from doesn't grow in Egypt to my knowledge.

*sigh*.....I said it here for 10 years....The "Columbian Exchange" negates any hard contact with the Old and New Worlds prior to 1492.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
5 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

It's sure a popular topic for the chronically astonished. Arguably the most recent was this one:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/307816-ancient-egyptians-nicotine-and-cocaine/

It was quite lively for a while.

Thank you for the link. I do enjoy going back and perusing past discussion threads but am too lazy to use the search function or bookmark the entertaining ones while they are ongoing.

 I salute your stalwart efforts in continually providing me amusement even if they are only a byproduct of referencing others to prior discussion in order to prevent uneccessary repetition.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Thank you for the link. I do enjoy going back and perusing past discussion threads but am too lazy to use the search function or bookmark the entertaining ones while they are ongoing.

 I salute your stalwart efforts in continually providing me amusement even if they are only a byproduct of referencing others to prior discussion in order to prevent uneccessary repetition.

Are you chronically astonished?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
5 minutes ago, Piney said:

*sigh*.....I said it here for 10 years....The "Columbian Exchange" negates any hard contact with the Old and New Worlds prior to 1492.... 

That contact is still possible prior to the Neolithic as the zoonotic diseases and staple crops did not exist yet to be spread.:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Jarocal said:

That contact is still possible prior to the Neolithic as the zoonotic diseases and staple crops did not exist yet to be spread.:D

..*sigh*......and he starts this before I even have my first coffee down......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Are you chronically astonished?

More a case of "Simple things amuse the simple minded". I can entertain myself for days with a couple sticks, string, and large pile of fieldstone.

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.