Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Archeological Suppression in New Zealand

Chauncy

Science is politics.

No its not.

user posted image

Lights, not eyes. laugh.gif

Does anyone here know of any other cases of suppression in the archeological world, in the past?

I love Ooparts!!

The Cremo link is cool, your right what you said in your earlier post about Cremo and speculation. Never-the-less we need speculation in order to arrive at any type of conclusion.

As far as suppression of archaeological evidence, I was wondering if you have heard of Sir Williams Flinders Petrie? He went up Mount Sinai per the biblical route in 1904. What he found up there didn’t exactly conform to the present notions concerning biblical history.

Anyways, a lot of his findings were suppressed at the time, his book ‘Researches in Sinai’ was removed from shelves and his funding cut. His findings on the legendary Mount are very enlightening to say the least.

http://www.serendipity.li/petrie/rs01.htm

user posted image

Wow, Egyptian. dontgetit.gif

Very, interesting. huh.gif

I wonder if there have been any recent expeditions? I'd love to go there myself. grin2.gif

How can people just ignore something like this??? disgust.gif

Here's a link from my State. I didn't even know this was here!

Wow....eh....another stone time keeping device

Thats awesome Falco!.....wonder how many other people are unaware of that place.

I wonder what the ancients were building these things for, it is similar to Stonhenge....wonder what they were waiting for, trying to figure out something, a date or alignment or something.

I found another site that claims evidence of a Roman settlement in Galveston, Texas, but it isn't very detailed so I'm not going to bother with a link. I'll keep looking for other sources on it..

We must embrace history and always remember what happened so we can learn from our history. thumbsup.gif

We must embrace history and always remember what happened so we can learn from our history.

Which is exactly why suppression or manipulation of that history must stop!!

user posted image

i dont hink thats going to happen...i mean i live in the supposedly "free'' country of america, and yet the government has so much control over peoples daily lives....just think, with one move the president can create thousands of jobs, or he can destroy them. and now bush is trying to move his bill of whats it called? the one where the government can tap phone conversations and internet chat rooms like this " to see if the terrorists are gonna attack" i dunno i think its BS personally...i wish it was otherwise and we could learn what we wanted! i mean im currently reading a book called "alien agenda" by jim marrs, and the government has covered so many things just on UFO's its hard to beleive they dont cover up other things from the people of america you know? crying.gif

i mean i live in the supposedly "free'' country of america, and yet the government has so much control over peoples daily lives....

I know what your saying dude. The way this power and control is maintained and increased is through the media of course. And also by with holding factual events of our past. If all the established leaders of the world one day opened their vaults and disclosed all that they know about our past, our world view would change dramatically! They fear this change because it will undermine their level of power and control and profit!

The best way to control a civilization as diverse as ours they must with hold truths, prevent realization and promote ignorance or apathy. Tell me if this sounds true?...A rule of thumb to follow when it comes to government disclosure of our archaelogical history, is that any information that has the potential to undermind power and control and profit will most certainly be suppressed. Any information that has the potential to increase power and control and profit will be reported on constantly indeed incessantly to till it is considered a norm.

i agree with ya chauncy....

it also says that many of the government officials paid off many reporters and news stations to misrepresent the facts....i think that there is only a few reporters or journalists that actually represent things the way they should be. i dont know, i think that the big brother thing has been taken wayy to far! the freedom of information act still doesnt give us the power we need to see these things. the government can still say "oh it is a matter of national security" rrgh it makes me so mad! they have so many secrets....did you know that the information from the assassination of jfk wont be released until 2039? 2039!! think of how much information they have in their archives! and the government has documented 3, i repeat 3 UFO crashes in the past 50 years alone. we only know that because certain gov. officials have come forward to admit it, and because of some documents accidentally obtained. this is a complete hipocracy of a democratic government. disgust.gif

Here's what I wonder..Reporting on OOPARTS or out of place cultural sites in the US would help nullify at least some Native American land claims. And you know when they win land back it's tax free. So why wouldn't our Government leap to verify these things as factual?

it also says that many of the government officials paid off many reporters and news stations to misrepresent the facts

I don't think they were paid off. Look at it this way, if a reporter is found early on in their carreer to be a truth seeker and authority questioner, then that reporter will simply not make it to any position of prestige. The reporters we see on TV are there because they 'know how to play ball'.

Also these news agencies are monitored by the FCC, the DOJ and the FTC these three agencies specifically the FCC answer directly to congress, and no media mogul will jeopardize their career and profit to fill us in about our ancient past. These moguls have Boards of Directors and stock holders who they must maintain with a constant profit. I posted how this works in the thread called "Doubting Government Conspiracies" check it out.

Here's what I wonder..Reporting on OOPARTS or out of place cultural sites in the US would help nullify at least some Native American land claims. And you know when they win land back it's tax free. So why wouldn't our Government leap to verify these things as factual

Well it would seem that the subsequent fallout from releasing the info far out weighs the advantage gained by nullifying landclaims. Also you can only nullify these land claims if you can claim who lived there first, or in this case who the Ooparts belonged too.

Also any leader would not release all the information if they don't have it all. Where as they may have significantly more info than us, but not enough to say that they know all the facts. So even by releasing what they know may induce further questions and they may figure they are protecting us from further unknowns. Leaders have a knack of only releasing info when it is going to benefit them, so maybe our job should be to create the environment where it would benefit them to release this info.

..so maybe our job should be to create the environment where it would benefit them to release this info

That sounds a little bit like something you'd hear on the Sopranos..Sorry if I've offended you Don Chauncy... laugh.gif

That sounds a little bit like something you'd hear on the Sopranos..Sorry if I've offended you Don Chauncy...

lol.....no offence taken. thumbsup.gif

What I meant though was if we all shouted together loud enough we may be heard, or ignored sad.gif

We've been shouting loud for years to no effect. Maybe it's time to get proactive and go on a recruitment drive...

• 11 months later...
If he was the same guy I had run in's with, calling him arrogant would be a fitting description. Can't remember his surname, but his first name was David. Young guy, about 23-24 at the time. Thought he knew the lot. He even argued points of geology with me......had to go and ask some professors their opinions. Didn't worry me at all because I hit back with just as good as he was giving out.

He's one of these arrogant types that believes in something because "an authority in the field" said so....and there's no arguements about it. Completely ego driven......"I know what's right and you don't know what you're talking about". It's guys like him that eventually have to wipe the egg of their faces when it turns out that they were wrong all along.

174403[/snapback]

Its easier to be arrogant when you stand on someone elses shoulders, less easy when you go out on a limb. But who needs easy? thumbsup.gif

HEY STIXXMAN!! haha

i mean i live in the supposedly "free'' country of america, and yet the government has so much control over peoples daily lives....

I know what your saying dude. The way this power and control is maintained and increased is through the media of course. And also by with holding factual events of our past. If all the established leaders of the world one day opened their vaults and disclosed all that they know about our past, our world view would change dramatically! They fear this change because it will undermine their level of power and control and profit!

The best way to control a civilization as diverse as ours they must with hold truths, prevent realization and promote ignorance or apathy. Tell me if this sounds true?...A rule of thumb to follow when it comes to government disclosure of our archaelogical history, is that any information that has the potential to undermind power and control and profit will most certainly be suppressed. Any information that has the potential to increase power and control and profit will be reported on constantly indeed incessantly to till it is considered a norm.

177136[/snapback]

There is no way I could have said it better myself