Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunters to scour lake for monster

UM-Bot

An expedition is being planned to search for evidence for the existence of a large serpent-like creature sighted in Cameron Lake, Canada. An initial inspection is expected to reveal whether there is anything to the stories.

"People have reported seeing what they can best describe as a creature in Cameron Lake, just 30 kilometres west of Parksville, and John Kirk wants to find out what it is. Kirk co-founded a B.C. group dedicated to hunting unidentified animals, or cryptid, and said he and his fellow members of the Scientific Cryptozoology Club have been fielding calls from people who say it's time to take a closer look."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Canada.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent X

• village_idiot

• Samuronin

• chrisk

Again? My money's on they'll find nothing.

I would love for them to find hard evidence of Nessie, but it just ain't gonna happen.

I would love for them to find hard evidence of Nessie, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Sad, but its the truth.

Sounds like a Monsterquest hunt...I'll bet you all the money in my bank account they find nothing!

Nah..I lost hope in the illusive sea serpent or unknown lake creatures. Maybe..oversized fish..eels...animals not native to the body of water or area. But...if I'm proven wrong I will be glad I was proven wrong.

seax :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

This was on Canada AM this morning, but of course they didn't really give it much air time as they left it till almost the end of the show; if something is not mainstream that's where it ends up on Canada AM.

They did find something on fisherman's sonar, they need to get real sonar, etc.

I'd have to agree with that too. Although now that i've said that I bet they'll find something. God always likes to prove me wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see what they actually discover in that lake. I had never even heard of this "lake Monster" before now. Of course the Ogopogo is well known across BC but, this one seems to be lower on the reputation scale! :unsure2: