Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is The Bible Code Real? Why?

BURD

Is The Bible Code Real? Why?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is The Bible Code Real? Why?

• Yes. I'm shure about!
    • No.
    • Don't know.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• DC09

• aquatus1

• saucy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Um forgive my blunt ignorance but...... Whats the Bible Code?

Gotta agree there. The Bible is written vaguely enough that you can apply it to almost anything..

In the sense that it can be used to find messages in any random text, yes. In that it exclusively translates future predictions out of the Bible, no.

Then again, you can find messages in any text, including the bible, using D&D dice as well.

The bible code is the same as saying this:

Out of the text i had just written, we can conclude that my secret meaning was actually "I had a bib".

I doubt it. You can find pattern in pretty much anything if you look hard enough.

I agree 100%.......I saw a show on TV once where they did the same thing with the book Moby Dick and found "codes".

Okay, so I gather that the Bible Code is indeed a "code". But what are people claiming that this code says? Is it making predictions about something?

For a brief point I thought it was real, but it's not. Seraphina has a point when she told me that there are more people alive and have ever lived than words or even letters in the bible. Besides, the bible has been translated again and again and the original context of the script have been removed.

I agree, the Bible Code is FALSE.

It has been edited, re-edited, and altered so much since it was first written down, that any secret code would have been lost or altered to oblivion.

Unless, the code has been enetered sonce then for some reason, but that reason is unknown.

It has been edited, re-edited, and altered so much since it was first written down, that any secret code would have been lost or altered to oblivion.

Actually the Old Testament is 99% textually pure. The New Testament 98 1/2% textually pure. We have thousands and thousands of old manuscripts in many different languages and they all say the same thing, The variations are extremely minor, such as a word being spelled differently.

The Hebrew version is the most pure and that is the version they look for 'codes' in.

I still don't think there is a bible code, though. wink2.gif

This is officially me being thick night, so what all these stories of the Bible being edited and bits missed out of the official versions then? Such as the bits where Jesus got annoyed at a friend and aged him on the spot, to that of an old man, while they playing by a stream.

This is officially me being thick night, so what all these stories of the Bible being edited and bits missed out of the official versions then? Such as the bits where Jesus got annoyed at a friend and aged him on the spot, to that of an old man, while they playing by a stream.

The books of the official New Testament were written within a few decades of Jesus'

death. The so-called missing books were written centuries after his death.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I just joined today on this forum. Anyway, from many sources I've heard and read about a ancient, posibly very important, code. This is called The Bible Code. I'm sure some of you have heard about this, but I've read some prochecy in it. I've heard some of you guys can see the future, so I wounder, if you can see the future porposly and see certain times, what it 2005 and 6 like. I'm new, so I know jack about seeing the future, so if seeing the future is a lot more complicated, please tell me about it. Thats. Waiting to hear any news!

well.. according to John Titor whistling2.gif

We'll be Just starting the US civil war in 2006.

have fun

The number of times the Bible Code has appeared E vs C threads rolleyes.gif . And I still think its all a myth. grin2.gif

Even the cat in the hat has codes? Does it tell you to kill people? How can i read these codes? And why would the bible of all books need codes in it? Its called the good book but the code must say the bad book. devil.gif

post-21-1090778529.gif

I don't believe there's any strange code hidden in the Bible, with which any predictions can be made. Like mentioned already, any book (at least lengthy enough) can turn-with a little imagination and work-into some mysterious "prediction" machine.

This actually reminds me the stories about the Great Pyramid and all the numbers surrounding it, which are of course-most of them at least-true. But in any case, the truth is that with a little imagination and a few calculations you can take the height of the Pyramid, add it to...let's say..the distance between Paris and Rome in miles, and you get...hmm..let's say three times the area of a football field. tongue.gif

I think more or less the same goes for the Bible code.

IM convo... This is my friend's answer. He's quite religious.

I think it is invalid

According to that code, such things were found like saying Satan was equal to God and stuff like that

Equidistant Letter Sequences

The word Wardrich for example

If you use 2, then you get the word ADIH

If you use 3, then you get the word RI

They used the Hebrew alphabet in this case

and it is easy to make words like that from Hebrew letters

especially since Hebrew uses no vowels

There was another thing called Theomatics

More valid than the Bible Code

But I don't know how useful it is

The basis of Theomatics is that numbers are used to denote meaning

6 is supposed to mean human beings

7 is supposed to mean finished/done/completeness

5 is supposed to mean death

2 is supposed to mean witness

888 is attached to things concerning Jesus

11 is supposed to mean judgement

For example, the book of Joshua

is the 6th book in the Bible

and it is the first one named after a man

That's one piece they have discovered

Even the Book of Revelation denotes theomatics

666, the number of a man

of course also the beast's mark

Disregard the Apocyrpha

It is primarily a Roman Catholic addition

even though it contains a lot of good advice

it is not genuine Scripture

because it has some bad parts about it

like magic

and almsgiving for the dead

The Apocrypha is a few books, wedged in between the Old and New Testaments in some copies of the Bible

The New Testament people never made mention of it, despite making lots of mentions of the Old Testament

-Richard-

The bible says there's no man, not even the angels will know the time when the end will come (for those who believe), so there wouldn't be a code in the bible that gave off the year. The bible code is crap.

No Talon, it's not a myth. It is just plain statistics. You can get similar "codes" from any big fat book.

Hey, if you want to beleive it can predict the future do so, I'm not trying to stop you, but I'm holding to it being a myth. thumbsup.gif As far I'm concerned no book (unless written by H.G. Wells or a reaally brilliant political historian) can read the future. tongue.gif

Edited by Talon S.