Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 switch

J-Peezae

Think about our position in the galexy. on the outer edge. our galexy is a giant disk. its gravity is also in the shape of a disk. this has to be true because the gravity from different objects is much stronger when they line up. so our galexys greatest gravitationl pull is around its "Equator". listen to this- not only is our solar system orbiting the center of the galexy but it is also bobbing up and down through the galactic equatorial plane, kind of like a bobber in water, except emagine that the water were a thin plane. our poles are getting weaker what if we are in the midst of crossing the plane? if our galexy has an electromagnetic field then our own planets north pole is going to want to face its magnetic oppisite. thus triggering a switch.

it could be that our liquid iron core is constantly wanting to fall into this plane of gravity causing it to rotate. Once our solar system breaks through the galactic plane our core will want to fall the other direction causing it to slow down and stop then start spinning the other way causing the poles to switch. also during this time weather patterns and anything else that is effected by the coriolis effect will be out of wack.

birds, bees, fish, anything that migrates, bats will be extreamly disorented. i think thats what happening now to the bees. cell phone towers create a magnetic field. these magnetic fields fool bees and confuse them therefor hindering hem unable to return to the hive.

let me know what your thoughts are or if you need further explaination.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrunkDwarf

• danydandan

• TheSearcher

• charlote

well from my understanding from my geology lessons pole reversal happens gradualy over thousands of years, we are entering a pole reversal now but again it will happen gradualy not instantly therefore shouldnt cause any massive effects, pole revesal is recorded on the ocean floor for example the mid atlantic ridge, as the basalt lava rises the iron minerals in it aline themselves to the current pole postion ie normal or reversed and we can see that there have been alot of pole reversal over time, and i do remember reading somewhere that some people have suggested that pole switch are a factor in mass extinction but the most excepted theory seems to be volcanic activity and metior hits for the majority.

anyways interesting read but tbh i dont think a pole reversal will cause any such mass extinctions/ end of the world etc etc etc at lease not in our life time :)

Think about our position in the galexy. on the outer edge. our galexy is a giant disk.

Yup.

its gravity is also in the shape of a disk.

Uh well, gravity is a distortion of space, so if the thing distorting space is disk shaped, then the gravitational field will also be disk shaped.

this has to be true because the gravity from different objects is much stronger when they line up.

Not sure what this means. The mean gravitational effects from three planets would be stronger when they line up only because it is the closest the planets can be to each other in their orbits.

so our galexys greatest gravitationl pull is around its "Equator".

The galaxy's greatest gravitational pull is where its greatest concentration of mass is - the centre.

listen to this- not only is our solar system orbiting the center of the galexy but it is also bobbing up and down through the galactic equatorial plane, kind of like a bobber in water, except emagine that the water were a thin plane.

Yep, it completes a circuit every 225 million years, and completes one "bob" every 64 million years.

our poles are getting weaker what if we are in the midst of crossing the plane? if our galexy has an electromagnetic field then our own planets north pole is going to want to face its magnetic oppisite. thus triggering a switch.

We are always in the midst of crossing the plane. Either way this doesn't add up, as geomagnetic reversal has no fixed timespan.

72 million years ago (Ma), the field reversed 5 times in a million years. In a 4-million-year period centered on 54 Ma, there were 10 reversals; at around 42 Ma, 17 reversals took place in the span of 3 million years. In a period of 3 million years centering on 24 Ma, 13 reversals occurred. No fewer than 51 reversals occurred in a 12-million-year period, centering on 15 million years ago. These eras of frequent reversals have been counterbalanced by a few "superchrons" – long periods when no reversals took place.

thus triggering a switch.

You do realise that reversal takes thousands of years to happen don't you, and that it can't be pinned down to a millennia, let alone a year. It has nothing to do with 2012.

it could be that our liquid iron core is constantly wanting to fall into this plane of gravity causing it to rotate. Once our solar system breaks through the galactic plane our core will want to fall the other direction causing it to slow down and stop then start spinning the other way causing the poles to switch. also during this time weather patterns and anything else that is effected by the coriolis effect will be out of wack.

birds, bees, fish, anything that migrates, bats will be extreamly disorented. i think thats what happening now to the bees. cell phone towers create a magnetic field. these magnetic fields fool bees and confuse them therefor hindering hem unable to return to the hive.

Problem here, is its a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The poles move because the iron is liquid. The liquid moves because its... well, liquid. The magnetic field is in a constant state of flux anyway - sure localised magnetic disruptions might effect wildlife, I'm not sure. Trying to tie this all done to the movement of the solar system (and incorporating alignment into the mix) sounds too much like trying to validate that nonsense 2012 drivel.

are you talking about a pole shift? cuz if so that takes thousands of years, its not here one day then the next it isn't, its just not like that

So you figured out Noah and his ark

Exodus

And now the exact year the next redrograte reversal is

How did you do it??

well from my understanding from my geology lessons pole reversal happens gradualy over thousands of years, we are entering a pole reversal now but again it will happen gradualy not instantly therefore shouldnt cause any massive effects, pole revesal is recorded on the ocean floor for example the mid atlantic ridge, as the basalt lava rises the iron minerals in it aline themselves to the current pole postion ie normal or reversed and we can see that there have been alot of pole reversal over time, and i do remember reading somewhere that some people have suggested that pole switch are a factor in mass extinction but the most excepted theory seems to be volcanic activity and metior hits for the majority.

anyways interesting read but tbh i dont think a pole reversal will cause any such mass extinctions/ end of the world etc etc etc at lease not in our life time :)

true but wouldn't a pole shift also cause a disturbance within the ocean currents?

OK according to the pole shift hypothesis the earth "rebalances" itself every 800million years or so

BUT there has been records (using the above alignment of magnetic partials in rock) of rapid pole shifting

here's an example scientists Adam Maloof of Princeton University and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees (about the current distance between Alaska and the equator) in less than 20 million years

WOW 20million years its easy to see how people could get this confused with instantaneously

Think about our position in the galexy. on the outer edge. our galexy is a giant disk. its gravity is also in the shape of a disk. this has to be true because the gravity from different objects is much stronger when they line up. so our galexys greatest gravitationl pull is around its "Equator". listen to this- not only is our solar system orbiting the center of the galexy but it is also bobbing up and down through the galactic equatorial plane, kind of like a bobber in water, except emagine that the water were a thin plane. our poles are getting weaker what if we are in the midst of crossing the plane? if our galexy has an electromagnetic field then our own planets north pole is going to want to face its magnetic oppisite. thus triggering a switch.

I don't think I need any further explanation thanks. Everybody else before me explained it quite nicely. Your theory is quite flawed and does not take into account many important factors. There have been enough pole reversals in earths history, to prove one thing, this process takes a very very long time, even if we enter a pole reversal period now, the odds are that it will take e few tens of thousands of years to actually happen. Pinpointing it to 2012, is just... ,sorry to say it, silly.

I think you could go get a job at NASA or something. I mean, you succeeded where the rest of the worlds scientists failed, you should put this down on paper and put it out there. Im sure they'd all appreciate the heads up.

Edited by DrunkDwarf

I think you could go get a job at NASA or something. I mean, you succeeded where the rest of the worlds scientists failed, you should put this down on paper and put it out there. Im sure they'd all appreciate the heads up.

sarcasm i assume?

sarcasm i assume?

lets hope so anyway

Or else drunkdwarf is drunk

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. But yeah, my mug was full of frothy sarcasm here.

Edited by DrunkDwarf

true but wouldn't a pole shift also cause a disturbance within the ocean currents?

How can magnetism effect water exactly?

Edited by Emma_Acid

How can magnetism effect water exactly?

Well... water is slightly diamagnetic, and salt water is conductive so, if I may spit-ball for a bit:

• High magnetic field (direction of the poles is irrelevant) would cause water to bunch up at the equator more than normal. A weakening magnetic field might cause more water to flow to the poles.
  • Changing magnetic fields tend to induce current in conductive materials. A weakening magnetic field would reduce these currents, pole reversal would cause the currents to change direction (hey, nobody specified water currents!).

Of course I seriously doubt that either of these two things are large enough effects to observe.

So the practical answer, which I suspect you knew all along, is `magnetism has no effect on water'.

Yup.

Uh well, gravity is a distortion of space, so if the thing distorting space is disk shaped, then the gravitational field will also be disk shaped.

Not sure what this means. The mean gravitational effects from three planets would be stronger when they line up only because it is the closest the planets can be to each other in their orbits.

The galaxy's greatest gravitational pull is where its greatest concentration of mass is - the centre.

Yep, it completes a circuit every 225 million years, and completes one "bob" every 64 million years.

We are always in the midst of crossing the plane. Either way this doesn't add up, as geomagnetic reversal has no fixed timespan.

You do realise that reversal takes thousands of years to happen don't you, and that it can't be pinned down to a millennia, let alone a year. It has nothing to do with 2012.

Problem here, is its a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The poles move because the iron is liquid. The liquid moves because its... well, liquid. The magnetic field is in a constant state of flux anyway - sure localised magnetic disruptions might effect wildlife, I'm not sure. Trying to tie this all done to the movement of the solar system (and incorporating alignment into the mix) sounds too much like trying to validate that nonsense 2012 drivel.

I agree with both of you...and disagree. The solar system does "bob" along the galactic equator and it does take a long time to complete one "bob". However, we are aproaching the midway point in this sine wave type movement. Considering humans weren't here the last time the solar system was in this area of the galaxy, there isn't any amount of science that can tell us exactly what will happen. Modern science is based on calculation and observation. We've never observed such an event to be able to calculate what will happen.

If you think about it on a smaller scale, J-Peezae's logic makes sense. And because we really don't know what will happen as we pass through the galactic equator, it's possible that the solar anomalies and strange weather we are having are related to it.

What does this have to do with 2012? Well, passing through the galactic equator doesn't happen over night. It takes time. And we first entered it back in 1998. 2012 is just the midway point.

Interestingly enough, 1998 is also when Edgar Cayce said that the world will be entering a new age.