Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fortean Studies

Althalus

Do you get the Fortean Times?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get the Fortean Times?

• Yes
    • No

This is mainly under the interests section, but for me it is also a hobby, one of my main ones to be precise. Hence the poll.

I generally get the magazine as it is the only one here in the UK to be of a reasonable price and to be extremely good, for what topics it covers, which is pretty much everything you can think of.

So other than the question above, what do you think of it?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Magikman

• Panthera leo atrox

• Falco Rex

No, but I would like to. How much does a subscription cost?

Subscription rate for the US is $59.00 a year (12 issues). Thats well over $40 off the cover price - single issue price just went up to $9.50 this last issue. ohmy.gif I've been a subscriber for going on 5 years now, you'll not find a more thorough, comprehensive, and intellectually stimulating publication regarding all things paranormal on the market. It's filled with carefully researched, thought provoking articles, and it doesn't cater to the sensationalistic, stupefyingly ridiculous headlines often splashed across the covers of its lower class competition. If you want a feel for what the magazine is like, peruse the website HERE. If the paranormal holds great interest with you, you can't go wrong. The magazine is difficult to come by in the states, however, most Barnes and Nobel bookstores will carry them, but again, single issues are a bit pricey. The toll free number in the states to call for subscriptions is (888) 428-6676.

Magikman thumbsup.gif

* - Sounded a bit like an advert, didn't it? tongue.gif Gods, I hope the Transylvanian Humanismist doesn't see this. whistling2.gif To make up for it, I'll send Saruman a free subscription as soon as he sends me his address. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Magikman

I get it when I can find it up here in the Boonies. The news clippings in the front section are priceless..

To make up for it, I'll send Saruman a free subscription as soon as he sends me his address.

Already a subscriber thumbsup.gif

I'd definately recommend the Fortean Times, it is in my opinion the best magazine of it's kind available anywhere in the world.

I have never read the magazine however, I have visited the website on occasion original.gif

Its a great read,photo's are fantastic as well.

I buy it when i see it, but here in England its only £3.20! i dont know what the exchange rate is at the moment, but im sure Magikman's paying more than me! blink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I buy it when i see it, but here in England its only £3.20!

Mine says it's £3.40 dontgetit.gif

Annual subscription in the UK is £30 for 12 issues. In Europe it's £37.50, and the rest of the world (excluding the US) is £45. bounce.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Have never seen it...

I will be looking for it now..

(Ronald McDonald nuclear seige wacko.gif )

( maybe he was just looking to re-perm his hair ) laugh.giflaugh.gif

sorry,i know this was spose to be seriouse... rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the link MM cool.gif

I never heard of fortean times, but most likely I would not subscribe to it beacuase I am not subscribed to any magazies or anything I read all things like that at the newsstands.

Edited by D12