Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Serious Question for Those Who Believe

Cynical Sounds

I know theres loads of theories about 2012 and you only have to check out one video or website to see at least 2 or 3 of them.

OK ignoring things like the mayan prophecy (and how people are now trying to link other prophecies to it) How many believers read or heard about say the solar maxim of 2012 and thought I know I'll get some independent information about it, and out of those who did how many checked out a non 2012 related site.

This is a real question. I want to know how many people read things like "NASA say their will be a world ending maxim in solar activity in 2012" and then how many went and checked that with NASA or another scientific agency. if you did you would have come across the 11 year cycle and hopefully a graph that looks like this http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/images/ssn_predict_l.gif (but maybe with a less bada*s background)and u would know A: maximum solar activity happens quite ofter B: the next peak is likely to be around 2013 and C: its currently predicted that there will be a lower peak in activity

this is just an example alot of the theories can be easily ruled out in a similar fashion

so please people believe what you like about when the worlds ending but please stop being fooled by bad, wrong or intentionally misleading science and half science when all it takes in 10 mins a search engine and an avoidance or 2012 sites.

thanks for reading

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cynical Sounds

• Agent. Mulder

• Csongi

• Anarky

I think the idea is that these various 'events' and details are in fact symptoms of '2012' rather than the cause or that a great many 'events' like the solar maxim will combine to cause '2012' whatever '2012' might be.

I a little bit disturbed so its really difficult to follow your main ideas....

Buy the way I believe any tragedies happens only if enough people is believe and somehow like and supporting the idea on many important and high level systems.........

Actually is maybe supporting the naturel diversity of the humans..........While any of these large catastrophes are hitting the planet............

I never believe it, really they are never destroy the whole word..... Because the only end of the human nature, while everyone is stays in the right heaven, and none re-borningn or dying anymore...........For sure many of the existing humans are stays with full unconsciousness in cemetery......

Actually i believe there is maybe something happens in year 2012, like when probably a real catastrophe, and but i preferred the idea while we are turning back the dates an the times to 1992 and restart the beginning of the 21th century

Csongi

I know theres loads of theories about 2012 and you only have to check out one video or website to see at least 2 or 3 of them.

OK ignoring things like the mayan prophecy (and how people are now trying to link other prophecies to it) How many believers read or heard about say the solar maxim of 2012 and thought I know I'll get some independent information about it, and out of those who did how many checked out a non 2012 related site.

This is a real question. I want to know how many people read things like "NASA say their will be a world ending maxim in solar activity in 2012" and then how many went and checked that with NASA or another scientific agency. if you did you would have come across the 11 year cycle and hopefully a graph that looks like this http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/images/ssn_predict_l.gif (but maybe with a less bada*s background)and u would know A: maximum solar activity happens quite ofter B: the next peak is likely to be around 2013 and C: its currently predicted that there will be a lower peak in activity

this is just an example alot of the theories can be easily ruled out in a similar fashion

so please people believe what you like about when the worlds ending but please stop being fooled by bad, wrong or intentionally misleading science and half science when all it takes in 10 mins a search engine and an avoidance or 2012 sites.

thanks for reading

I think the idea is that these various 'events' and details are in fact symptoms of '2012' rather than the cause or that a great many 'events' like the solar maxim will combine to cause '2012' whatever '2012' might be.

so u are claiming a series of completely fictitious or completely harmless events will combine to cause a harmful event or things that happen all the time or are fictitious or have known scientific causes are being caused by 2012?

Csongi, I'm having a hard time reading what you've written so I'm assuming english isn't your first language try posting in your own language and i'll run it through a translator

Edited by Spend

English is my first language!

You are believe in criminal in our house, not my words.....

Csongor Ballay

so u are claiming a series of completely fictitious or completely harmless events will combine to cause a harmful event or things that happen all the time or are fictitious or have known scientific causes are being caused by 2012?

Csongi, I'm having a hard time reading what you've written so I'm assuming english isn't your first language try posting in your own language and i'll run it through a translator

Csongor Ballay

its painfully obvious english is not your first language.

but if you could get someone to help translate, that would be appreciated on here.

Csongor Ballay

Wow if english is your first language you must have had a teacher who it was not theirs....

WTF!! I don't fully understand the concept of this forum........ :mellow::rolleyes:

WTF!! I don't fully understand the concept of this forum........ :mellow::rolleyes:

no one does...and no one, ever will...

*cue x-files music*

Buy the way I believe any tragedies happens only if enough people is believe and somehow like and supporting the idea on many important and high level systems.........

So what you're saying is perception is literally reality?

That something like the recent tsunami didn't happen until enough people believed it to have happened?

If enouhg people think that 2012 is going to be bad, it will be bad?

So the reason Y2K didn't happen was that enough people thought that it'd be fine and dandy?

Well in that case 2012 is going to be fine because except for a few people noone really thinks anything bad is going to happen, and the people who do can't even agree on what's going to happen.

Intersting idea, perhaps one that deserves some futher consideration, some evidence too might be nice as well.

Mayans aren't predicting the end of the world, they're predicting the approach of a new era... the "Golden era". Scientists are predicting that major solar storms are in the forecast for 2012 as a result of a pole shift (from north to south). This will cause some chaos in terms of wireless technologies....

Who is claiming that the world is going to END in 2012? Most of the "Believers" I've met or corresponded with seem to be predicting some sort of a spiritual change for humanity.

Edited by OldTimeRadio

I have to issue as apology, I have been using the 2007 NASA model which I now know is well pants, so far all the models that have been used have been pretty much pants, So far the maxim is expected in 2013 sun spot activity is expected to be low but there is still the possibility of powerful solar storms altho this is no means certain since a NASA spokes man is quote as saying "It turns out that none of our models were totally correct," and "The sun is behaving in an unexpected and very interesting way."

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/29may_noaaprediction.htm

Mayans aren't predicting the end of the world, they're predicting the approach of a new era... the "Golden era". Scientists are predicting that major solar storms are in the forecast for 2012 as a result of a pole shift (from north to south). This will cause some chaos in terms of wireless technologies....

when u say pole shift are we talking about the magnetic shift in the sun (which isn't really about poles) or an earth pole shift (which the fastest one known was a 50 degree shift that took as little as 20 million years)

Edited by Spend

its painfully obvious english is not your first language.

but if you could get someone to help translate, that would be appreciated on here.

Just keep in mind some of the posters here might have autism or other conditions.

The Mayans aren't predicting anything. Their calendar marks the end of an age much like dec 31 marks the end of a year. Scientists are predicting fewer solar storms during this cycle than preceeding years with the exception of 1928 which had fewer. The scientists are saying that even in periods of few storms you can have major ones but they are not predicting any. Besides the peak for this cycle is May 2013 not December 2012. Oh and pole shifts don't happen in a year. maybe a few million but not in one.