Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Lost Ark of the Covenant

BurnSide

Does the Lost Ark of the Covenant still exist? If so where is it?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Lost Ark of the Covenant still exist? If so where is it?

• Yes. It is in the hands of a private collector.
    • Yes. It is in the hands of the government.
    • Yes. It is burried in a church in England.
    • Yes. It has yet to be discovered.
    • No. It was destroyed by the Knights Templar.
    • No. It was destroyed a long time ago.

Following up on a post i saw in the forum 'Mt. Ararat Anomally' what is your opinion on the The Lost Ark of the Covenant? Does it still exist? if so where is it now?

Also, we all know that it was used to carry the Ten Commandments. But what of the secret powers it supposedly posessed? Was it really a powerful weapon?

Please discuss.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Chauncy

• saucy

• Ozmeister

Also, we all know that it was used to carry the Ten Commandments

This is not entirely true.

It was the Tables of Testimony that were put in the Ark not the commandments.

Exodus makes a positive destinction between the Commandments and the Tables of Testimony Ex(25:16)

Wow, I'm a pastor and I have no idea what you're talking about. Please enlighten me on the Lost Ark of the Covenant. If it's another way of saying Noah's ark, I have some interesting info to post, if it's something else, please let me know!

It was the Tables of Testimony that were put in the Ark not the commandments.

Exodus makes a positive destinction between the Commandments and the Tables of Testimony Ex(25:16)

I apologise, and stand corrected. I don't know much about the Ark at all.

Yet i'm very curious as to see what people think of it's existence.

I should have added to the poll No, it never existed.

Edited by BurnSide

Saucy, are you serious, you've never heard of the Lost Ark of the Covenant?

Have you never seen Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark man? original.gif

not i'm not serious. Four more posts and I make four hundred! laugh.gif

No really, I've never heard of it and I think the Indiana Jones movies suck so I've never really watched them. I saw one and lost interest very early in it, so I didn't pay attention.

Wow, I'm a pastor and I have no idea what you're talking about. Please enlighten me on the Lost Ark of the Covenant. If it's another way of saying Noah's ark, I have some interesting info to post, if it's something else, please let me know!

Yes it is something else, it was a great battle feild weapon during Biblical times.

Many an unaware were killed around it, for simply touching it.

Yes it does exist, its locked in the basement of the Vatican, or the Knight Templars may know where it is. Solomon made a fake replica, which tends to fog the scene when trying to discern its location through ancient texts.

Where ever it was used it seemed to have the characteristics of some type of energy creater, it had electrical and what appears to be radioactive properties.

1Samuel (5:9-10) shows the effects of such radiation!

Wow.

I've heard stories about it being used in battle and sending bolts of electricity through 'gods enemies' or indeed anyone who tries to touch it.

But what are it's origins? Why does it have such mystical power?

I think it hasn't been found yet. I believe it most likely would have been taken by Marcus Crassus when he looted the Great Temple in Jerusalem on his way to Death and on-stage debut at the hands of the Parthians. Neither Crassus or the Parthian king would have attached much importance to the Ark, so if it didn't get melted down for gold it's most likely hiding in Central Asia somewhere..

On a side note I read somewhere that the Ark might have contained Josephs' Mummy also..

go rent indiana jones and the lost ark and watch it

you might learn a few things

i think its yet to be discovered, and if it had it would be in protected by a cult or some kind of group that are lord's protectors, or something along that lines.

that's my theory dontgetit.gif

like the knights Templar.

I can't remember exactly what they had to do with it but as Chauncy said it's been theorized that it's in their posession.

The Ark of the covenant is in a small city called Axum in Ethiopia. It was transported there at the time of Solomon when the Queen of Sheba ruled Ethiopia.

Check out this book here, it contains some of the most extensive work on the Ark of the covenant.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067...0558693-2260600

Edited by Venomshocker

The Ark of the covenant is in a small city called Axum in Ethiopia. It was transported there at the time of Solomon when the Queen of Sheba ruled Ethiopia.

Check out this book here, it contains some of the most extensive work on the Ark of the covenant

Many a lusty ethiopian princess visited Solomon, why?, well to expand their depleting gene pools.

Again I believe Solomon's nephews took the Ark, Solomon subsequently built a fake to appease those that came to see the Ark.

That place you mentioned does lay claim to the Ark but as of yet no-one has been able to validate that fact since no person has been allowed to view it. Again this doesn't exclude Solomon's fake replica.

Nope, the Queen of Sheba came to Solomon to look at it. It was stored in Solomon's Temple behind a screen guarded by two 'winged creatures' made by Hiram, the bronze sculptor (who was given Kabul in thanks for all his hard work, bet he was chuffed!). The bible doesn't mention it after that. It was taken off somewhere late in Solomon's lane but returned, and the posts that held it are still supposed to be there.

As to its power this is intriguing, mainly because if you believe it didn't exist, and Solomon most assuredly did and therefore must have put something in the temple, its powers are extraordinary and beyond the comprehension of the poeple at the time. It was radioactive. When taken away from its rightful place and opened, all the townspeople started dying of tumours (in some translations lumps, boils, growths and skin diseases). Those who actually looked in died horribly - ageing before their time, startingly similar to symptons of radiation poisoning. I thought the Ark was an allegory until I heard that part read out in church.

I think the Templars found it when digging in the Temple and then charged the Vatican for it, that's how they made their fortune. Whether it was a remarkable powerful box with the power to bring nations to its knees is open for debate but as a simple box that they were all rather fond of its existence is probable.

It was taken off somewhere late in Solomon's lane but returned, and the posts that held it are still supposed to be there.

The Ark vanished from Biblical history during the reign of King Solomon.

Evidence says that it was brought to Ethiopia by Prince Menelik,solomon's son (I incorrectly said 'nephew' previously) and the Queen of Sheba, after Solomon left God(apostasy).

A perfect replica of the Ark was created in the days of Solomon this is what the Ethiopian tradition and the Jerusalem Talmud claim. The replica might have been hidden under the Temple though.....hence lore of Solomon's Treasure

Either this replica or the real Ark may have been secretly hidden underneath the Temple Mount along with other treasures to protect them from invading Babylonian and Roman armies.

Jewish archaeologists have explored beneath the thirty-five acre Temple Mount for the last twenty-five years lead by Chief Rabbi Shlomo Goren and Rabbi Getz Chief Rabbi of the Western Wall. As of yet it seems that they are empty handed......Arkless wink2.gif

Wow, I'm a pastor and I have no idea what you're talking about. Please enlighten me on the Lost Ark of the Covenant

That comment deserves a post of its own here on these boards......you're a pastor of a Christian denomination and you've never heard of the Ark of the Covenant??.

I find that incredulous in the extreme.

Just to elighten you, the Ark was a box made out of various metals and wood, which was used to hold the Tables of Testimony and the two stone tablets on which the 10 Commandments were supposedly written. It was kept in the Holy of Holy's in the Temple and was only allowed to be seen and approached by the high priest and certain others within the Temple.

A scale model of the Ark, as its construction was mentioned in the Bible, was built by students at an uni in the U.S. back in the 70's. Just to see what would happen. They had to destroy the model as it generated something like 1000 volts of electrical current and was sparking all over the place. Similar effects pertaining to the original are mentioned in the Bible.

Ozmeister... please give me a credible news report on that...

Nikol Tesla, in the article "A fairy tale of electricity" (published September 9, 1915), stated in regards to the Ark:

"The records, though scanty, are of a nature to fill us with conviction that a few initiated, at least, had a deeper knowledge of amber phenomena. To mention one, Moses was undoubtedly a practical and skillful electrician far in advance of his time. The Bible describes precisely, and minutely, arrangements constituting a machine in which electricity was generated by friction of air against silk curtains, and stored in a box constructed like a condenser. It is very plausible to assume that the sons of Aaron were killed by a high-tension discharge, and that the vestal fires of the Romans were electrical."

Here's some biblical text that deals with the Lost Ark as well.

Num. 7:9; 10:21; 4:5,19, 20; 1 Kings 8:3, 6; Lev. 16:2; Num. 7:89; 2 Sam. 6:6, 7.

A gentleman by the name of Richard andrews built a replica for experimental purposes.

"Subsequent tests of Andrews' model at a college laboratory confirmed that his Ark could accumulate and release an electrical charge. "

http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence/ark/a...es/ancient.html

Thanks Chauncy......you beat me to it but that's fine by me grin2.gif

Saves me having to go find the refs myself tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Thx, see, I knew there would be a scientific explenation for it... not some "God did it" thing.