Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SMALL ALIEN SIGHTED IN SOUTHERN ARGENTINA

Althalus

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, "a resident of Junin de Los Andes," a small city in southern Argentina, "made a call to the local sheriff's office, reporting the presence of 'a strange little person' at his house."

"According to the informants, a police patrol reached the site to verify the report and learned that the resident had been visited by a small person who knocked on the door of his home, requesting help, since 'someone was beating on one of his relatives.'"

"The house's occupant stated that the creature was short in stature, although given the fact that it was nighttime, he was unable to identify it clearly. However, he acceded to the mysterious little man's request. He left his house, but upon not hearing other noises or cries for help, he chose to return home, fearing (that) it might all be a ruse to commit burglary during his absence."

"Hours later, police received notice of a strange presence in the 150-dwelling neighborhood, located to one side of the Boulevard Juan Manuel de Rosas. Once again a patrol car reported to the scene without ascertaining any developments."

"Days later, an officer of the provincial police decided to inspect the location at 4:30 a.m., due to the incessant barking of dogs. He discovered the presence of a small person, some 80 centimeters tall (2 feet, 8 inches), who was on a pathway leading into a house. Upon realizing that it was being watched, the entity made a quick getaway."

"Concerned by what he had seen, and according to our journalistic source, the officer made an Identikit drawing of the suspect before reporting the incident to his superiors."

"Hugo Jara, the main officer at the Sheriff's Department No. 25, was interviewed by a local (radio) station and confirmed the information on both procedures, although no evidence was found to corroborate the presence of the small person at the site."

"The news spread like wildfire throughout the city, and residents provided confirmation of the strange event, such as the odd behavior of dogs that evening with their incessant barking."

"The fact is, the 'goblin' or 'gnome,' as it has become known, caused a sensation that shattered the city's habitual calm, and has gone on to form part of the gallery of mysterious characters in the area, such as El Cuero of (Lago de) Huechulafquen, the marine creature seen several times in the said lake."

Junin de los Andes is located about 150 kilometers (90 miles) north of San Carlos de Bariloche in southern Argentina. (See the Argentinian newspaper Junin Dice for October 27, 2002, "Mysterious dwarf causes concern in community." Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Guillermo Gimenez para eso articulo de diario.)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Loonboy

• Saru

• SpaceyKC

Certainly an unusual case - I don't know what I would do if I came across an 80cm tall humanoid creature on my garden path at night.

But is this really a "small alien" as the title suggests - would an alien entity really be likely to walk down someones garden path at night and knock on their door to attract attention ?

I can't say what these people all saw, but there doesn't seem to be anything linking the "creature" to alien visitation apart from it's bizarre size. If it was dark at the time of the sightings, then theres every possibility that what these people saw wasn't even humanoid at all.

These trick or treaters get cheekier every year...

:mrgreen:

Seriously, I agree with SaRuMaN that there is no corroborative evidence to support the theory that it was an extraterrestrial, but if not, what the heck was it?

Why am I thinking of the Mothman?

The fact that it talked to them and they understood makes it all the more mysterious - unless it is a hoax

Yes there do seem to be global legends of "little people" who are out to trick you, in many different cultures

Pesky Little People!! :su:st:su

I know of several little people who are out to trick folks...

Jeanette Krankie

Ronnie Corbett

& that woman from Poltergeist ('Go towards the light, no go away from the light, no go towards the light....' - no wonder the little kid was knackered)