Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 why is everyone so confused?

earthspirit

I don't understand how everyone just assumed that 2012 is going to be the end of the world?

what it really predicts is a spiritual awakening, a shift in our consciousness, not the 'end of the world' but rather the end of the world as it is now, a positive transformation!

Are we all so caught up with the struggle that we created, that we can't accept the possibility that maybe something good can happen? I'm not saying that we are all going to wake up on 21st of December, 2012 and suddenly life is great and filled with universal love, really the transition is happening now! and moving steadily towards this date as changes start to take place within and around us, that is most likely invisible to the naked eye, but slowly and individually we will all start to notice those subtle changes, this isn't New age mumbo jumbo, it is a NOW age!

Everyone feel free to share opinions, but try not to tear people down for their personal beliefs.

highest blessings!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• Space Commander Travis

• Agent. Mulder

• TheSearcher

I think that people always seem to want to prefer the apocalyptic scenario. Maybe they just think it's more exciting. I blame the media. Dramatic news (explosion, earthquakes, people killing people etc) sells more papers or gets higher ratings than spiritual awakenings. It's the same with predictions.

I was always more of a fan of the "positive" predictions for 2012, something i can more easily get on board with.

The only concrete facts we have for 2012 is that the Mayan and Aztec calendars end one cycle and begin another. This is known as a 'sun' and can be translated as an 'era' or 'age'. The current cycle we are in began on August 13,3114 BCE and will end on December 22, 2012 CE according to Eric Thompson.

Everything else, including the belief of spiritual transformation, are all beliefs that others have ascribed to align to that specific date.

There is no use in arguing whether is will be only spiritual transformation or apocalyptic, the word apocalypse btw is simply Greek for lifting of the veil or revelation, in the end we might all be talking about the same thing from different viewpoints. There is no reason why a difficult spiritual transformation will not be the end of the world for many segments of the population, indeed such a scenario might be a catalyst needed for the great spiritual transformation to occur.

In the end though all these are just beliefs that might not even happen and life continues another 100 or 1000 years as normal though history has rarely allowed any population to go too long without drastic changes of some sort, natural or social.

In the very end all these are indeed just beliefs and everyone has their own reason to come to their own belief so it is not as any one's belief is more superior to another when it comes to matters of 2012.

I don't understand how everyone just assumed that 2012 is going to be the end of the world?

what it really predicts is a spiritual awakening, a shift in our consciousness, not the 'end of the world' but rather the end of the world as it is now, a positive transformation!

Are we all so caught up with the struggle that we created, that we can't accept the possibility that maybe something good can happen? I'm not saying that we are all going to wake up on 21st of December, 2012 and suddenly life is great and filled with universal love, really the transition is happening now! and moving steadily towards this date as changes start to take place within and around us, that is most likely invisible to the naked eye, but slowly and individually we will all start to notice those subtle changes, this isn't New age mumbo jumbo, it is a NOW age!

Everyone feel free to share opinions, but try not to tear people down for their personal beliefs.

highest blessings!

they believe something bad is going to happen sitchins p*** poor translations. thats why.

Actually there is no prediction of spiritual awakening. The Mayan calendar predicts nothing and only signals the end of an age, much like December 31 on any calendar signals the end of a year.

IMO something "funny" is going on. I find it odd the Government is building underground bunkers, reportedly as large as a small city, storing tens of thousands of seeds in Alaska and building what could be seen as Nazi style prison camps all over the country. Its like "something" is going to happen soon. I have wondered if there is maybe a giant comet or asteroid heading towards Earth. I really dont think the Government would tell us. Also, it appears the Government is trying to "enslave" us as fast as possible which makes me wonder if something isn't coming soon that we dont know about (deliver us to the Anunaki?). I just think something "big" is going to happen between now and 2012. Our Government isn't telling us "something". Just my opinions and thoughts here.

IMO something "funny" is going on. I find it odd the Government is building underground bunkers, reportedly as large as a small city, storing tens of thousands of seeds in Alaska and building what could be seen as Nazi style prison camps all over the country. Its like "something" is going to happen soon. I have wondered if there is maybe a giant comet or asteroid heading towards Earth. I really dont think the Government would tell us. Also, it appears the Government is trying to "enslave" us as fast as possible which makes me wonder if something isn't coming soon that we dont know about (deliver us to the Anunaki?). I just think something "big" is going to happen between now and 2012. Our Government isn't telling us "something". Just my opinions and thoughts here.

Got any evidence for the "underground bunkers, reportedly as large as a small city" and the "Nazi style prison camps"? That's the first I heard about it.

I have heard about the camps they are building. Just search for 'fema camps' on google and youtube. Are they real? Maybe? Is there any sense in worrying about them until they day if you are ever taken? Not really since there is nothing any of us alone can do about it for now.

Maybe I'll get some sort of answer asking here, since we seem to be on the topic, rather than in the conspiracy theory forum, where any questioning is just sneered at as being "incredibly naive" or something to that effect, but why would they put the population in huge underground camps? In what way would it help the NWO, UN, Obama or whoever, in pursuance of their schemes? Before anyone draws the Nazis into this once again, the people who were sent to the camps were those were seen as not "real" German citizens, or as a danger to the regime. Same with the USSR. So why would the NWO/whoever just indiscriminately herd the masses into the camps? Even less sense would be the other popular theory, that {insert conspiracy theory of your choice here: chemtrails, swine flu, swine flu vaccine, whatever} are all a plot to kill off millions. Why would they want to do that? What's the point in engineering a coup to take over control of the US/the world (it mostly just seems to be the US, however*) if you then want to drastically reduce the number of people you have control over? Isn't that what ruling the world is about? I mean, if you want to have a monopoly over resources (oil, water, food), surely the larger a captive market you have, the better? You can still charge whatever you like and everyone would have to pay it. Reducing the size of your market seems bad business practice.

It just doesn't seem to make much sense.

(*The bunkers in Norway are of course to do with 2012.)

The reasoning behind a weakened United States 747 is that in NWO conspiracy theories that the US as it stands now will be an impediment towards the rise of a true global state, the goal of globalism, so the US must be broken.

The reasoning behind the camps is simple. If you disagree with the new direction America will take when it is time for it to be broken then you will be placed in camps.

What exactly will one have to disagree with is not certain or clear and a must wait and see attitude must be taken. The paranoid though will fear everything from guns being taken away and some not agreeing, the suspension of the Constitution with some not agreeing, some now believe it will be forced vaccinations some will refuse to take, and while any of these things are possible and the many more scenarios that can be envisioned it is not worth wasting time fearing them.

I do believe the camps are there and they might be just in case a civil emergency occurs and some element of society needs to be detained. Will it be on the level? I guess we will just have to wait and see and hope they are never used against our citizenry.

Edited by Rosewin

Mmmm, but if it came to globalism and the global state, why would the US be an impediment? I'd have thought it would be all in favour of the idea, as long, obviously, as it had a controlling interest. And if any other country (or multinational organisation) wanted to chellenge its supremacy, even if the rest of the world was taken over by a global superstate, then surely the US would be very keen on resisting it. I'd have thought the US would be the last place to fall under the yoke of a global superstate, not the first. And who else would be interested in such an idea, and be able to carry it out? China, perhaps, but they seem to be doing well enough with ths US as it is, as one of its major markets. Again, drastically reducing your market wouldn't seem to make much sense.

Because many US citizens cherish the idea of sovereignty and will not want to cede power towards a global state that will in effect make the decisions. It is a huge deal to think of Americans willingly losing their sovereignty.

The American economic market is not the global economic market but one part of it. I am not very good with economics so someone else might be better suited to answer your questions but it does seem you are equating that globalists interests with American economic markets interests. International interests rather than national. Globalists though are thought usually to be those with no allegiance to any country except their own elitist agenda.

Edited by Rosewin

Because many US citizens cherish the idea of sovereignty and will not want to cede power towards a global state that will in effect make the decisions. It is a huge deal to think of Americans willingly losing their sovereignty.

Oh, I agree, but that's what I was saying, that I find it hard to see how the US would possibly let this happen, or why any US government wouldn't want to contest their right to controlling the global market (and it's largely US companies that have some of the biggest clout worldwide, in things like computer software, media, financial and energy companies etc, so effectively the US does already control an awful lot of the world's economy).

but we seem to be wandering off the topic of 2012. i do apologise, and please carry on, anyone who wants to.

I find it hard to see how the US would possibly let this happen, or why any US government wouldn't want to contest their right

The same reason Gore did not contest the election when he clearly had the popular vote or so the story goes. Because he was in the pocket of someone who really pulls the strings or so some will believe.

The fear of the CT is that there will be a few in office whose interests are those of the NWO. They take their orders not from the American people but from globalists because they are globalists themselves. It is not the US government doing this but internationalist elements within the US government that will betray it and the American people according to the conspiracy theories.

Edited by Rosewin

The same reason Gore did not contest the election when he clearly had the popular vote or so the story goes. Because he was in the pocket of someone who really pulls the strings or so some will believe.

The fear of the CT is that there will be a few in office whose interests are those of the NWO. They take their orders not from the American people but from globalists because they are globalists themselves. It is not the US government doing this but internationalist elements within the US government that will betray it and the American people according to the conspiracy theories.

Just for arguments sake, ever thought about the fact that the US government might actually be the instigator behind the alleged NWO? Seen from the outside, it seems like the US like to have everybody go their way.

god, this 2012 thing is KILLING ME.

(i had so many dreams about it. I remember one dream about it said the world ended at 2:54 pm. on 2012. )

anywho, im going insane. i always believed it, now im not sure. but i wanna believe it. i hope the world doesnt end but i think SOMETHING is deff gonna happen.

god, this 2012 thing is KILLING ME.

(i had so many dreams about it. I remember one dream about it said the world ended at 2:54 pm. on 2012. )

anywho, im going insane. i always believed it, now im not sure. but i wanna believe it. i hope the world doesnt end but i think SOMETHING is deff gonna happen.

dont believe.

it was only based off poor translations and someones conjecture.

i bet

it actually was.

sitchins an idiot.