Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Lab

cpjason

Ghost Lab is a new show that starts October 6th. Lets hope they are more like TAPS and less like Most Haunted.

Discovery Channel I believe, and I plan on watching it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• sinewave

• _Only

• Drago

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost Lab is a new show that starts October 6th. Lets hope they are more like TAPS and less like Most Haunted.

Discovery Channel I believe, and I plan on watching it.

Yeah, I think I saw the advert for it.

You'd think with all these 'investigators' out there, they'd find some good evidence!

Still fun to watch though.

Ya know it's funny how they delete my responses. Thanks UM. <_<

Edit: lol wroung topic!!!! My bad! :lol:

Edited by Smeagol1

hello all,

i am susan here, i am funn of this place thanks alot for the great informative post do some more post here.

thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You'd think with all these 'investigators' out there, they'd find some good evidence!

I thought the famous flying brick on Ghost Adventures: The Beginning was pretty good. Or maybe I just liked seeing that musclehead run away crying in terror. :P

I'll be sure to check out this show tomorrow. Anyone know the time/times it will be airing? I live in California.

Turned out A LOT like TAPS only with a bigger lab they haul around. It had the same format as TAPS, 2 investigations. Also about the same amount and type of collected evidence. Doors closing off camera, suspect EVPs and someone getting 'touched'.

For some reason it seemed a bit more boring to me than Ghost Hunters usually does. Maybe because I didn't know the investigators that well yet.

Overall I think they should have tried to separate themselves a little more from their Ghost Hunter competitors. It will be interesting to see if TAPS now comes up with better or more 'evidence' to stay ahead.

i watched this and wasnt too impressed but will give it another couple shows.

His idea of simulating the same type of environment to hopefully increase or jump start the activity was interesting but i think the guys at ghostadventures have basically done this already with props....but just didnt do in a "scientific" way i guess.

Edited by Universal Sight

I turned it off after thirty minutes. When they got excited about the door opening, that was it for me. Wooo, a door opened off camera. I gave it a try, but I was thoroughly unimpressed. It was almost exactly like GH, except they had more expensive equipment (but didn't find anything more than TAPS usually does! Go figure). I mean, they even got Mike Rowe to narrate--and what's worse, I thought, is that he did all of the explaining. The brothers barely explained any of the terms or their equipment. I liked the "actual footage" of the Union soldiers, but it seems odd that he would have to shut his camera off to go catch up with them...

Imo, TAPS was never behind. All of the shows that keep coming up in their wake wind up canceled, or having to fake evidence or lie to clients to seem compelling. (Anyone remember the incident with Paranormal State?)

Ghost Lab might last a couple of seasons because it is so similar to Ghost Hunters, but I give it no brownie points for lasting. They didn't even try to be original.

Edited by Ebonykrow

I turned it off after thirty minutes. When they got excited about the door opening, that was it for me. Wooo, a door opened off camera. I gave it a try, but I was thoroughly unimpressed. It was almost exactly like GH, except they had more expensive equipment (but didn't find anything more than TAPS usually does! Go figure). I mean, they even got Mike Rowe to narrate--and what's worse, I thought, is that he did all of the explaining. The brothers barely explained any of the terms or their equipment. I liked the "actual footage" of the Union soldiers, but it seems odd that he would have to shut his camera off to go catch up with them...

Imo, TAPS was never behind. All of the shows that keep coming up in their wake wind up canceled, or having to fake evidence or lie to clients to seem compelling. (Anyone remember the incident with Paranormal State?)

Ghost Lab might last a couple of seasons because it is so similar to Ghost Hunters, but I give it no brownie points for lasting. They didn't even try to be original.

Okay, don't feel too bad I missed it.

BTW, is there any show on TV today that Mike Rowe doesn't narrate??

Bingo. Exactly my impression. I was even surprised with the Mike Rowe narration. Way to duplicate a show. :rolleyes:

But I would listen to Mike Rowe read cereal boxes.

Nibs

Bingo. Exactly my impression. I was even surprised with the Mike Rowe narration. Way to duplicate a show. :rolleyes:

But I would listen to Mike Rowe read cereal boxes.

Nibs

I thought the intro was even reminiscent of GH, the style and everything. Maybe that was just me though.

...I probably would too. I'm with Jerry, is there anything he doesn't do? :lol:

I thought the intro was even reminiscent of GH, the style and everything. Maybe that was just me though.

...I probably would too. I'm with Jerry, is there anything he doesn't do? :lol:

Yep. Very similar.

On GH Mike seems a bit more excited. On GL he is informative but unemotional, almost robotic.

Don't care. Love his voice.

:P

Nibs

Their electronic "net" was a bit laughable. If they really setup such a net how did they miss the door activity after being told up front it was a hot spot? That is some great net they have. The great big fancy trailer complete with bold graphics is mostly for the benefit of the cameras.

I did like the fact they tried using their EMF detectors in groups to track motion and direction. That is the only fundamentally sound idea I have seen in any of those ghost busting shows.

Edited by sinewave

The guy shot the Gettysburg ghosts they show at the beginning. If real that may be the best ghost footage of all time, then he celebrates like a little girl at her 8th birthday party when a door slams somewhere far away, off camera.

If you want to out-do TAPS at anything your first step should have been to use MORE cameras to cover the ENTIRE place. Especially as mentioned earlier, a specific place that you had been told is very active, a lot! It's ridiculous, they were told in plain English "that door right there opens and closes all the time by itself". All we hear is a far away slam.

Also did you see the 'shadow person' caught on film in an earlier investigation at the same place? That looked remarkably like the shadow of an 'actual person' in the next room.

Was there ever any kind of reveal? I missed the very end. Was there a part where they showed all the evidence that had been collected on this episodes investigations?

I think I watched about half of the show...I, too, was not impressed! They were kind of boring! At least on GH the guys are comical and entertaining! I think GH is a good show and I am still loyal! It was the first ghost investigation show that actually addressed the subject of "debunking" unexplained phenomena! A lot of people have it out for Grant and his apparent hoaxing schemes...but Jason is my fave and he does a good job!

Ghost lab better get some more interesting people if they wanna compete with the hilarity of the GH guys or the dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks "man-candy" that is Zak Bagans (GA)! :yes:

The guy shot the Gettysburg ghosts they show at the beginning. If real that may be the best ghost footage of all time, then he celebrates like a little girl at her 8th birthday party when a door slams somewhere far away, off camera.

That really seemed odd to me as well. The video of the Union soldiers was so crisp, smooth, and clear that it would undoubtedly be the best footage--if he hadn't shut his camera off to "catch up with them". In comparison, the door closing by "itself" is absolutely nothing. Did they even try to find out if it was caused by a draft or uneven hinges? I shut it off shortly after they started to squeal.

I think I watched about half of the show...I, too, was not impressed! They were kind of boring! At least on GH the guys are comical and entertaining!

You can say that again. :P

Edited by Ebonykrow

I think I watched about half of the show...I, too, was not impressed! They were kind of boring! At least on GH the guys are comical and entertaining! I think GH is a good show and I am still loyal! It was the first ghost investigation show that actually addressed the subject of "debunking" unexplained phenomena! A lot of people have it out for Grant and his apparent hoaxing schemes...but Jason is my fave and he does a good job!

Ghost lab better get some more interesting people if they wanna compete with the hilarity of the GH guys or the dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks "man-candy" that is Zak Bagans (GA)! :yes:

Grant and his apparent hoaxing schemes ? Really ? I never heard that.

Edited by ohio state buckeyes

Do you believe everything they show is real? They are protecting their ratings. SyFy cannot sell commercial time for shows no one watches. There is so much on the line that manufacturing evidence is certainly NOT out of the question.

I have.

Just what he said, an apparent hoaxing scheme. There are more I haven't watched. With YouTube uploaders, paranormal shows can't seem to get away with any antics these days. Naysayers, they're no fun!

Edited by Jerry Only

They're not professional analysts. Why should it be believed they know what they're talking about? If you can't believe what you see on TV, why should you believe what's posted on the internet?

(That's not to say I think the tug was real, but I'm just asking a question. If you can believe something that's been uploaded on Youtube from an amateur, why is it so hard to believe that the tug wasn't faked? It's either trusting one or the other, and neither one is a very good source to rely on.)

Edited by Ebonykrow

They're not professional analysts. Why should it be believed they know what they're talking about? If you can't believe what you see on TV, why should you believe what's posted on the internet?

(That's not to say I think the tug was real, but I'm just asking a question. If you can believe something that's been uploaded on Youtube from an amateur, why is it so hard to believe that the tug wasn't faked? It's either trusting one or the other, and neither one is a very good source to rely on.)

TV and internet aside, I trust that he faked it more than I trust a ghost pulled it. But my views aside, I just meant it as a claim of an apparent hoax, not whether it was true or not.

Edited by Jerry Only