Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blair to be named EU President 'within weeks'

ExpandMyMind

Tony Blair is set to become EU President within weeks if Ireland votes 'Yes' in its referendum on the Lisbon Treaty tomorrow.

The former prime minister's candidacy for the new post will be rushed through as quickly as possible, according to government sources.

Mr Blair is among the favourites to become the first President of the European Union, a role that is chosen by the EU's 27 leaders and not by voters.

arrow3.gifRead more...

i've been saying it for nearly a year. if it happens it will be the single greatest crime of the century.

tony blair is the man responsible for the nick of this country (not brown as many believe - although he did his fair share of destroying) and if his career is allowed to progress then we all deserve everything we get.

what happened to democracy?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• stevewinn

• acidhead

• itsnotoutthere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've been saying it for nearly a year. if it happens it will be the single greatest crime of the century.

tony blair is the man responsible for the nick of this country (not brown as many believe - although he did his fair share of destroying) and if his career is allowed to progress then we all deserve everything we get.

Democracy and EU can not be uttered in the same breath.

The Lisbon treaty gives the EU the personality and powers of a fully fledged country. New president, New Foreign secretary, New trade minister, New EU wide defence force, New EU wide police force and the list goes on. if the Irish vote Yes then it will be a dark day indeed for democracy in Europe. and makes the victory of the second world war pointless, we've been annexed in peace.

I belive it was an inconvenience for Brussel. <_<

Hmmm... well, maybe we have to hold our breath after all...

He has to be confirmed by the EU parliament, else no deal. Problem is that they won't stop him.

Tony Blair to be given lavish expenses, staff of 20 and chauffeur-driver limo as EU President if he gets job after Irish vote on Lisbon Treaty

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0SnG6SaMk

Tony Blair will enjoy a massive salary, limitless expenses and a chauffeur-driven limousine should he become EU president after an Irish yes vote in today's Lisbon Treaty referendum.

The Irish were this afternoon forecast to approve the widely despised document by a margin of 60-65 per cent, paving the way for the former prime minister's return to frontline politics as early as the end of the month.

000203F6.gif the irish wont disappoint:no: If they say yes then I will go nuts.:ph34r:

Well if Blair does get the job, it just might be a blessing in disguise. i mean look what he, and his government have done to this country, if he does the same to Europe 'fingers crossed.

It seems odd that Britian is at the mersey of the Irish hmmmm

Notice the way the European Union is using Ireland's economic crisis to their advantage, vote yes and we'll provide a economic lifeline, vote NO and your finished, doomed, kaput.

i hope the Irish vote NO, but when faced with the above option it makes voting NO that little bit more harder.

After saying that if Ireland say NO, they'll most probably hold a Third vote sometime next year. :angry:

The vote should be known by late tonight or at least before dinnertime tomorrow.

It seems odd that Britian is at the mercy of the Irish hmmmm

The Whole of Europe is, the French Dutch everyone. only the Irish have been given the chance to Vote.

The EU don't like Elections especially when they know they'll lose. what a terrible indictment it is.

all the member countries leaders know their citizens would vote No if given the chance, Like France or the Dutch every time the people have had a chance to Vote they've voted NO. so now they decide not to hold a referendum. denying the people of Europe a voice how serious is that, Democracy my ****

Edited by stevewinn

Notice the way the European Union is using Ireland's economic crisis to their advantage, vote yes and we'll provide a economic lifeline, vote NO and your finished, doomed, kaput.

i hope the Irish vote NO, but when faced with the above option it makes voting NO that little bit more harder.

After saying that if Ireland say NO, they'll most probably hold a Third vote sometime next year. :angry:

The vote should be known by late tonight or at least before dinnertime tomorrow.

I'm from Ireland. it's all propaganda over here. I hope we vote no. You see we are voting twice on an issue that no other european citizen is allowed to vote on. It is absaloutly rediculious. I want to punch someone. It is obvious how this treaty is being ratified that this is going to take away an aspect of democracy. If it wasn't for our constitution the treaty would be in affect without a single vote from an EU citizen. People don't realise this. If tony blair does become president i'll eat my hat. I was hoping that the european people would fight and protest to vote for this treaty. Of course I'm not sure if anyone did. Maybe there were big movements in europe to try and get a vote. The irish people were totally kept on the blank on the rest of europe. All we were told is that we would be left behind and europe would turn our back on us if we voted No. The slogan they use is "Be at the heart of europe, Vote Yes" the way i see it is that it should be "Be at the heart of europe Vote No" the heart of europe is the people and not the goverment officials. All we were told is that europe have voted and if we vote no they would look down on us. What they didn't try to say is that the only people looking down on us would be the politicians not the people. It's very annoying. It's totally unfair that we are the only ones voting on this. The polititions are complete ****s for not giving the people the vote. What are the on!!! As far as i know england was suppose to get a vote too.

We all voted today so the results should be out tomorrow. There is a lot of turmoil over here about this. Some people aren't voting twice because they are voting for the same thing, students are confused like most people what this actually contains. There was a big debate held on the radio against No campaigners and yes campaigners. It was a dog fight. If they can't agree then how are we suppose to make sense of this treaty. The goverment were using our economic crisis against us a lot more this time. Another slogan "Yes for jobs" as in if we vote yes we would get jobs. I think this treaty gives more power to multinationals and goverments. supposedly the mutlinations were telling us that it would be good for our economy. Even a few multinations had their own yes campaigns. A few officials from france and england came over telling us to vote yes. When we voted no the first time the french president came over to Ireland as if he was here to see why we made the wrong decision. It was like our priminster was in trouble. The same way a mother discplines her child "oh no Nicolas Sarkozy is coming over here to give out to us for doing a bad thing" It was sickening.

We were told there would be no thrid referendum. If there is I'll kick the crap out of brian our priminister for being such a puppet face.

Edited by Mbyte

Mbyte, well done on voting, and especially voting NO, The lights of democracy in Europe are going out one by one. resting upon Ireland's shoulders is the future of not just yourselves but that of the peoples of Europe, the 500 million who have been denied the vote, The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere are with you.

fingers crossed that Ireland does us proud by voting NO, and stall this political beast in its tracks, it will buy us all time, it will force referendums across the continent. and once again the voice of the people will be heard.

just curious...

What day do taxpayers vote on the EU presidency?

no such day we don't get a vote.

why not?

Because that's the way they've wrote the rules.

the commissioners are unelected aswell.

we cant vote them in we cant vote them out, Welcome to the European Union.

Because that's the way they've wrote the rules.

the commissioners are unelected aswell.

we cant vote them in we cant vote them out, Welcome to the European Union.

Does the EU dictate to Britain's taxpayers?

this is one of the reasons why britain should have another vote to stay out of the european union. :yes:

Does the EU dictate to Britain's taxpayers?

YES, 75% of our laws are made by the EU, they decide how are postal service should operate, how many times our rubbish bins should be collected, what light bulbs we can use, up to a few months ago they use to tell us we couldn't sell certain vegetables if they were misshapen. this has no been changed because of the credit crunch, but if you had a nobbly carrot you was not allowed to sell it. and the list goes on and on. and we pay 10 million pounds a day to be a member,

You gotta wonder if a deal was done between Blair and the EU after promising the UK a referendum at the last election to him quitting mid-term and then, after a period of nest feathering, rising like a phoenix to this position.

Election manifestos should be legally bound.

Edited by Moon Monkey

You gotta wonder if a deal was done between Blair and the EU after promising the UK a referendum at the last election to him quitting mid-term and then, after a period of nest feathering, rising like a phoenix to this position.

Election manifestos should be legally bound.

Why has the Eu been granted authority over individual countries?

Just curious...

Has Britain lost its sovereignty to the EU?

If so, just exactly who controls the EU and who granted them authority?

If it's so bad why not leave the EU? Write you MP and make it clear that as long as they support the EU in its current form you will not vote for them or their party.

Why has the Eu been granted authority over individual countries?

Just curious...

Has Britain lost its sovereignty to the EU?

If so, just exactly who controls the EU and who granted them authority?

To be honest I don't know too much as I pay too little attention however every stupid ruling in the UK courts seems to have a 'made in the EU' stamp on it. Mrs Blair has made millions out of the the humans rights rules so its been good for her. ;) Remember that deal I was alluding to ? I would start on about Bilderbergers but thats for another forum.

They will keep voting till they get the right answer, the irish are probably losing the will to live. At least they got a chance.