Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blair to be named EU President 'within weeks'

ExpandMyMind

.... The taxpayer 'still' votes for the PM/Party?... does it even matter anymore?

we still vote for our own parliament MP's a few more years and it will be pointless in having our own parliament.

Acid its unbelievable what is going on, Its like no one cares what's happening, it reminds me of a scene from that old film the time machine where he goes forward in time and arrives in a age where the people are subservient and don't question the powers in charge.

By 2007 Britain will have made contributions to the EC budget

of almost £213.6 billion gross or £66.3 billion net.

By 2013 Britain will have made direct contributions to the EC budget

in the region of £299.8 billion gross or £102.2 billion net.

By 2006 Britain had an accumulated trade deficit with EU member

states of £359.5 billion.

The Common Agricultural Policy costs Britain at least £15.6 billion

per annum.

The Common Fisheries Policy costs Britain at least £2.5 billion

per annum.

Over-regulation costs Britain at least £26 billion per annum.

Membership of the European Union costs Britain £60.1 billion per

annum gross or £50.6 billion net.

That is:

Gross Net

£5 billion per month £4.2 billion per month

£1.1 billion per week £973 million per week

£164.6 million per day £138.6 million per day

£6.8 million per hour £5.7 million per hour

£114,346 per minute £96,271 per minute

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• stevewinn

• acidhead

• itsnotoutthere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's so bad why not leave the EU? Write you MP and make it clear that as long as they support the EU in its current form you will not vote for them or their party.

I've done that, wrote to my MP, but its usless, he is to busy declaring war on dog fouling.

When i had the chance i voted for UKIP, which is the UK idependence party. lead by this chap.

They will keep voting till they get the right answer, the irish are probably losing the will to live. At least they got a chance.

SO true mate, the odds from paddy power bookmakers look grim, it looks like the YES will win it, or be very close.

we still vote for our own parliament MP's a few more years and it will be pointless in having our own parliament.

Acid its unbelievable what is going on, Its like no one cares what's happening, it reminds me of a scene from that old film the time machine where he goes forward in time and arrives in a age where the people are subservient and don't question the powers in charge.

I hear ya steve...

Who has the authority over Britain's military?

Just curious...

Is it fair to say the taxpayers in the EU... say Britain, have their tax dollars go toward a project in another country, who are in the EU as well?

I hear ya steve...

Who has the authority over Britain's military?

Our parliament still, but this new treaty the Irish are voting on, does say within that a common defence force should be created. and you can bet your bottom dollar that within 10 years that would change to a EU wide army.

Just curious...

Is it fair to say the taxpayers in the EU... say Britain, have their tax dollars go toward a project in another country, who are in the EU as well?

Yes

Edited by stevewinn

Stevewinn: You still vote for a president of the EU, correct? This is democracy, correct?(Or, at least, no different from democracy in the modern world has ever been.)

Can you please describe how you somehow concluded that the EU was not a democratic organization?

People might find this interesting - The Wikipedia article for the treaty of Lisbon, which the Irish are voting on today.

Ah it is a treaty, not a constitution...thats ok then. No resemblence.

Our parliament still, but this new treaty the Irish are voting on, does say within that a common defence force should be created. and you can bet your bottom dollar that within 10 years that would change to a EU wide army.

Yes

Does the Queen ever say anything contradictary to the EU?

Does the Queen ever say anything contradictary to the EU?

no she doesn't get involved, because her powers as each year passes diminish.

Stevewinn: You still vote for a president of the EU, correct? This is democracy, correct?(Or, at least, no different from democracy in the modern world has ever been.)

Can you please describe how you somehow concluded that the EU was not a democratic organization?

we have no say on who is elected president of the EU. tony blair has been earmarked for the position for years now, maybe even longer. that is why he stepped out of the limelight just as the **** was about to hit the fan, leaving brown with the entire blame. he's come out smelling of roses just in time to take up his presidency. :D he even, after stepping down as prime minister, converted to catholosism. nice coincidence, no? considering it's by far the leading religion in europe.

democracy? it's a farce.

mind you, these days here in britain we're quite used to not electing our leaders..

YES, 75% of our laws are made by the EU, they decide how are postal service should operate, how many times our rubbish bins should be collected, what light bulbs we can use, up to a few months ago they use to tell us we couldn't sell certain vegetables if they were misshapen. this has no been changed because of the credit crunch, but if you had a nobbly carrot you was not allowed to sell it. and the list goes on and on. and we pay 10 million pounds a day to be a member,

the biggest waste of money ever :tu:

Ah it is a treaty, not a constitution...thats ok then. No resemblence.

It's amazing the difference that a name change can make, isn't it?

If the treaty is fully ratified, the current government will find out just how much of a mistake not giving the people a referendum was, when the consequences become clear and the public begin to wake up. They've either seriously underestimated the voting public, or they just don't care. Either way, they'll be staring into the political abyss for a generation.

If the treaty is fully ratified, the current government will find out just how much of a mistake not giving the people a referendum was, when the consequences become clear and the public begin to wake up. They've either seriously underestimated the voting public, or they just don't care. Either way, they'll be staring into the political abyss for a generation.

tiggs...

Could you elaborate a lil more on what you're saying?

Thanks

I just don't understand why the turkeys are voting for xmas....surely they realise that Westminster is becoming pointless. But they keep voting themselves more money and expenses for less responsibility. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever (unless they all have farms in France). We already have more people in the government sector and on benefits and less actually paying the taxes so why would we want extra tiers of irrelevent government ?.

we have no say on who is elected president of the EU. tony blair has been earmarked for the position for years now, maybe even longer. that is why he stepped out of the limelight just as the **** was about to hit the fan, leaving brown with the entire blame. he's come out smelling of roses just in time to take up his presidency. :D he even, after stepping down as prime minister, converted to catholosism. nice coincidence, no? considering it's by far the leading religion in europe.

democracy? it's a farce.

mind you, these days here in britain we're quite used to not electing our leaders..

In British Columbia Canada.... our last Provincial election in the spring of 2009 the voter turnout was a mere 47%.

tiggs...

Could you elaborate a lil more on what you're saying?

Thanks

In 2004, the EU wrote a new constitution for the European Union.

In 2005, in the UK election, all three major parties promised the voters the chance to vote via a referendum on whether or not to ratify the new constitution, including the Labour party, which won the election.

Later that year, the French and Dutch people were given the chance to vote on the new constitution. They both voted no, effectively stopping the constitution from being adopted.

In 2007, the EU constitution is changed in such a manner that instead of being a completely new constitution, it merely overwrites all the laws within the current constitution. The document is renamed the Lisbon Treaty. As such, the various European governments claim that as it is not a new constitution, but merely changes to an existing constitution, it does not need ratifying by the voters.

On the 13th of December that year, the British Prime Minister Gordon Brown signs the treaty without granting the British public the chance to vote on it's contents.

To be honest I don't know too much as I pay too little attention however every stupid ruling in the UK courts seems to have a 'made in the EU' stamp on it. Mrs Blair has made millions out of the the humans rights rules so its been good for her. ;) Remember that deal I was alluding to ? I would start on about Bilderbergers but thats for another forum.

not really. it's a widely known fact that the EU was the brainchild of the bildaberg group. it's been admitted.

i find that really interesting when you note the connections that mandelson and tony blair made, along with brown (or already had) in the run up to new labour's original win. it's no wonder we're being lead down a dark path of the EU. we never had a chance from the very beginning.

Edited by expandmymind

not really. it's a widely known fact that the EU was the brainchild of the bildaberg group. it's been admitted.

i find that really interesting when you note the connections that mandelson and tony blair made, along with brown (or already had) in the run up to new labour's original win. it's no wonder we're being leaded down a dark path of the EU. we never had a chance from the very beginning.

The dots do seem to connect in such a way to produce a clear picture.

In British Columbia Canada.... our last Provincial election in the spring of 2009 the voter turnout was a mere 47%.

our most recent PM wasn't even elected. promised the position after the first labour term by tony blair before labour were even at the helm, brown, thought to be main contender for leader of the labour party stepped aside to let tony blair take top position, avoiding a battle that would split labour down the middle...

but things don't always go to plan. tony didn't step aside for the last elections like he was supposed to, obviously with his own (EU) agenda, he only stepped aside a year before the end of his term, leaving gordon with a huge mess to deal with. so what we have here is gordon brown, refusing to hold a general election, hanging on to the the PM slot for dear life (as he no doubt believes that he should have had the position from the beggining - and to be honest probably should have), it's a disgrace.

then of course he makes calls out to countries like iran about 'rigged elections' and how they should support democracy. makes me sick to the stomach, the whole corrupt stinking situation.

no such day we don't get a vote.

If you don't go to vote in European elections, or you just use them to kick your government in the *** and vote for a gang that would not have a chance in heaven or hell otherwise, you are right, you don't get to vote 'cause you wasted it.

Anybody of the commission has to be approved by the parliament, else no deal.

Edited by questionmark

we have no say on who is elected president of the EU. tony blair has been earmarked for the position for years now, maybe even longer. that is why he stepped out of the limelight just as the **** was about to hit the fan, leaving brown with the entire blame. he's come out smelling of roses just in time to take up his presidency. he even, after stepping down as prime minister, converted to catholosism. nice coincidence, no? considering it's by far the leading religion in europe.

democracy? it's a farce.

Errr, as far as I can tell, the EU President IS elected.

So, is this guy not considered the current president of the EU? I don't know much about European politics, but he seems to be so and he was elected.

Errr, as far as I can tell, the EU President IS elected.

So, is this guy not considered the current president of the EU? I don't know much about European politics, but he seems to be so and he was elected.

he's the president of the european commission. that's not the same position as tony blair will be getting. i'm not sure if that man was voted president of the european commission by the public or not. if he was, i certainly missed the vote. tony blair will not be elected into his position by the public either.