Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blair to be named EU President 'within weeks'

ExpandMyMind

See it this way: If Blair gets to be Prezz the Tories will be p***ed, that will get you guys the best chance Britain will ever have to get out of the Union. (Now, if they don't leave then you might as well give it up and make most of it)

i highly doubt that, as cameron has had ties with the rothschild's and their crew for longer than blair or mandelson. his family are connected to the same people who created the very idea of the EU. he won't change a thing.

plus, tony blair is as right wing as they come.

Edited by expandmymind

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• stevewinn

• acidhead

• itsnotoutthere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i highly doubt that, as cameron has had ties with the rothschild's and their crew for longer than blair or mandelson. his family are connected to the same people who created the very idea of the EU. he won't change a thing.

Then we have to conclude that screaming against the Union will be to no avail, how about screaming for some reform within the Union then?

Edited by questionmark

Then we have to conclude that screaming against the Union will be to no avail, how about screaming for some reform within the Union then?

this is britain. unfortunately, at this moment in time, very few would ever scream for anything, other than a mass cancellation of their favourite soaps or tv programmes. most people have no idea, or couldn't care less about any aspect of politics. only time will tell if things will eventually get bad enough that people wake up and realise what has actually happened here.

Edited by expandmymind

Just curious...

It was stated by Tiggs the Irish voted yesterday on the Lisbon Treaty...

Is this true?.... I haven't seen any news on it..?????

Just curious...

they voted yes. i think Q posted a link in the thread.

Just curious...

They did, a majority went to the ballot box and of the votes cast over 60% are in favor:

Ireland votes 'Yes' to EU Lisbon Treaty

Ireland has given a "clear and resounding" backing to the Lisbon Treaty, Brian Cowen, the Irish prime minister, has declared 18 months after voters rejected the EU reform plan.

About two-thirds of voters are thought to have backed the treaty, removing the final obstacle to the creation of a European Union president and "foreign minister".

Mr Cowen said the result would bring about "a stronger and fairer Ireland and Europe" but UK Independence Party (Ukip) leader Nigel Farage, who waded into the Irish debate, compared the vote with a corrupt election in Zimbabwe or Afghanistan

Source

Is it safe to assume the 'yes' vote was triggered by a down turn in the global economy?

And to think.... the whole global economic crisis originated from two government mortgage institutions called Freddie and Fannie.

Go figure.....

..unbelievable...

Is it safe to assume the 'yes' vote was triggered by a down turn in the global economy?

And to think.... the whole global economic crisis originated from two government mortgage institutions called Freddie and Fannie.

Go figure.....

..unbelievable...

Doubt it was the downturn, but more that most Irish realized that without the Union it will be again what Ireland was between 1844 and 1973.

Doubt it was the downturn, but more that most Irish realized that without the Union it will be again what Ireland was between 1844 and 1973.

Why would the Irish vote 'no' every other time than?

Wasn't the last vote last summer of 2008?

The economic crisis began exactly 1 year ago today when the first bailout under Bush and treasury secretary, Hank Paulson took effect.

BTW... for the record.....

Hank Paulsons former job before he accepted the position as secretary of the USA treasury in 2006 was Top CEO of Goldman Sachs.

His 2006 salary from Goldman Sachs was just over 900 Million dollars per year.

And he left Goldman Sachs... to go work for government wages.....huh....?!?!?!?!...

BTW... Glodman Sachs recieved the most bailout money from the first bailout package.... go figure...

When asked if there was any conflict of interest between Paulson and Goldman Sachs.... the State department simply said ....'no'...

Ain't denial a great thing?

Edited by acidhead

No country in the Union has benefited more from it than Ireland.

c'mon Spain by a golden mile, si senor we're still recovering from Franco, WE NEED MORE ~CASHO~

followed by Greece und Italy.

Why would the Irish vote 'no' every other time than?

Wasn't the last vote last summer of 2008?

What did the Irish really vote on in 2008?

First nobody cared, as the very low voter turnout showed, and second the reasons for the NO vote was a funny jumble about abortion, neutrality, staying catholic and whathaveyounot totally irrelevant to the question posed by the referendum, and that would not have changed whether it got passed or not.

c'mon Spain by a golden mile, si senor we're still recovering from Franco, WE NEED MORE ~CASHO~

followed by Greece und Italy.

Spain was refused entry to the European union in Franco's time... only democratic countries may join.

And second, I said benefited, not who got more money.

No other country grew to the extend Ireland has and no country increased its quality of living to the extend Ireland has after joining the Union, and I doubt anybody will make as much of the chance that it gives as Ireland has.

The point is more that Ireland would have stayed a source of emigration without the Union, just as it was for the century previous. Not one of its more prosperous countries.

"Is it safe to assume the 'yes' vote was triggered by a down turn in the global economy?"

Yes, that & a hefty bribe.

Yes, that & a hefty bribe.

Oh? Do tell us!

Oh? Do tell us!

Q, the EU propaganda machine backed up by €20 million Euro has been running at full steam, i told you this a while back, family went over to Ireland and the EU leaflets where in the airport on the plane and everywhere possible. on the TV adverts full page paper ad's radio ads, all telling the people how good the Union is. surely if the union was so good it wouldn't need to spend so much money on telling everyone. am sure someone from the emerald isle can tell you how its been.

Q, the EU propaganda machine backed up by €20 million Euro has been running at full steam, i told you this a while back, family went over to Ireland and the EU leaflets where in the airport on the plane and everywhere possible. on the TV adverts full page paper ad's radio ads, all telling the people how good the Union is. surely if the union was so good it wouldn't need to spend so much money on telling everyone. am sure someone from the emerald isle can tell you how its been.

Really? Have you seen the ridiculous amount of lies about it that Britain's right wing media outlets (mainly the Mail and the Scum Sun) produce about the EU?

I suggest you watch the Q.I. episode on the subject.

Really? Have you seen the ridiculous amount of lies about it that Britain's right wing media outlets (mainly the Mail and the Scum Sun) produce about the EU?

Am talking about Ireland. not Britain, you make it sound like the Sun and the Mail have been advertising in the Irish media have they?

Well, the very fact Ireland were made to have a second vote until they got the answer they wanted should tell you something

about how the E.U. works. Or does that not compute.

Well, the very fact Ireland were made to have a second vote until they got the answer they wanted should tell you something

They said after the NO vote the Irish were to stupid to understand it, they have now voted again with a YES. i guess they where right.

I thought that the EU had been unable to audit its books for twelve years - I'm happy to accept that it is 14 years.

If the EU has to do without Britain's contribution then it will be forced to audit the books. This will reveal just how much corruption and wastefulness there really is. Talk about the British MPs expenses scandal - in Europe they have bigger snouts in bigger troughs.

No it does not. Fact is that the Irish were not voting on the Lisbon treaty but on a bunch of nebulous concepts the first time. Fact is that the participation did not even reach 50% which in itself makes the first outcome slightly dubious...

Ah, yes and why is it not a bribe if those against the treaty spend millions of pounds (strangely most of the money was not Irish)for their campaign?

No it does not. Fact is that the Irish were not voting on the Lisbon treaty but on a bunch of nebulous concepts the first time. Fact is that the participation did not even reach 50% which in itself makes the first outcome slightly dubious...

Ah, yes and why is it not a bribe if those against the treaty spend millions of pounds (strangely most of the money was not Irish)for their campaign?

Interesting.

The first Irish vote was definitely whether or not to ratify the Lisbon Treaty. The turnout was 53.1%.

Interesting.

The first Irish vote was definitely whether or not to ratify the Lisbon Treaty. The turnout was 53.1%.

Hmm...maybe I missed the 53%, but here is a survey on why they voted no the first time http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/flash/fl_245_en.pdf

And here the study of the Journal of Public Affairs, November 2008:

Some further details of what went wrong with the campaign:

1. There was always going to be a mid-term kick against the government, and this referendum, coming before the Local/Euro elections, provided the opportunity.

2. There does not seem to have been any proper in-depth qualitative research into

the likely attitude of voters.

3. Lies were told about conscription, abortion, neutrality. There was no capacity or willingness to answer them vigorously, i.e. to really ‘take them on’, neither on the ground nor in the media.

4. The Yes campaign was totally defensive, late and weak.

5. The American Military Complex interests in keeping Europe weak were ignored despite

the clear link to Rivada Networks to Declan Ganley to Libertas, and similarly with Ulick

McAvaddy.

6. There was no conceptualization that this campaign was about Europe in the world, as

a ‘player’ protecting our interests against the US (pro-War), Russia (energy supplier),

etc., and consequently no compelling reason to vote Yes.

7. There was no acknowledgement of another ‘elephant in the sitting-room’: what would

happen if Ireland voted No?

8. There was no consideration that controversial referenda in this country are almost

never carried.

Source

As you see, the question posed to the Irish electorate was about the Treaty of Lisbon, but they voted on all kinds of stuff except that.

http://ec.europa.eu/...h/fl_245_en.pdf

hmm...'Flash Eurobarometer' funded by....European Commission

p.s. now how about another referendum...best out of 3. afterall it's still only 1 all, doubt it somehow now they.ve got the answer they wanted. Ah well, that democracy for ya.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Am talking about Ireland. not Britain, you make it sound like the Sun and the Mail have been advertising in the Irish media have they?

Actually I was point to how much people really know about the EU. People in the UK certainly don't as the media makes crap up about it.