Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blair to be named EU President 'within weeks'

ExpandMyMind

Wow things are falling into place so quickly these days its hard to keep up.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• stevewinn

• acidhead

• itsnotoutthere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I expected that from you, that's the sort of defeatist attitude we don't need. disgusting to say the least.

Do one.

It is not defeatist, it is realism over petty nationalism. Which lets face it, if the rock you were born is sooooo important in your life, you haven't got much of one.

Maybe you should look to see who paid for the redevelopment of Liverpool.

wow......just realised this is for The Europion Union....Not for President Of Europe.

****ing wish someone told me this earlier lol, no wonder its not on our news

Do one.

It is not defeatist, it is realism over petty nationalism. Which lets face it, if the rock you were born is sooooo important in your life, you haven't got much of one.

I thought you appreciate this.

"This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall,

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England""

William Shakespeare.

I thought you appreciate this.

"This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall,

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England""

William Shakespeare.

Er...no he wouldn't appreciate that one bit.

"if the rock you were born is sooooo important in your life, you haven't got much of one"

lets face it, those aren't the sentiments of someone who loves their country.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Do one.

Its a shame you are full of self-hatred of your own Nation. and you ARE a defeatist, you lack courage and self belief. you would rather follow instead of lead.

You matt are beyond the pale. and lets hope you stay there.

Its a shame you are full of self-hatred of your own Nation. and you ARE a defeatist, you lack courage and self belief. you would rather follow instead of lead.

I've always used the term 'self loathing' with regard to liberal types, and matts outpourings reflect this perfectly, tho' he doesn't or won't acknowledge this character trait in himself even tho' he exhibits it.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Do one.

You want the UK, and Liverpool in particular, to be grateful for a proportion of its own cash being handed back ? Why not cut out the middle man and simply use UK cash for UK projects. As a net contributer there could be further cash available for other places not just EU 'capitals of culture'

You want the UK, and Liverpool in particular, to be grateful for a proportion of its own cash being handed back ? Why not cut out the middle man and simply use UK cash for UK projects. As a net contributer there could be further cash available for other places not just EU 'capitals of culture'

MM...I refer you to part of my earlier post :-

"Much of the rest of the money we receive from the EU budget has to be spent on projects approved by the EU. Bizarrely, the rules say that these must be projects which would not otherwise be funded by public money. In other words - things which our own Government does not want to do. So we'd be much better off if we kept our own money, and did not have the agricultural subsidies or EU projects. We could devise a much more effective system of our own to support our farmers. We could hardly devise a less effective one."

Pretty much your point i think.

Er...no he wouldn't appreciate that one bit.

"if the rock you were born is sooooo important in your life, you haven't got much of one"

lets face it, those aren't the sentiments of someone who loves their country.

I Know, i was being flippant, when the chips are down and things look bleak when it takes courage and determination to pull through would you want him at your side?

I Know, i was being flippant, when the chips are down and things look bleak when it takes courage and determination to pull through would you want him at your side?

er...no.

i understand mark's point on the subject of patriotism. similar to einstein's opinion that he was a child of earth, not any particular part of it. we're lucky he did think like that or the world could look like a different place right now.

i can't hold it against anyone for thinking like that. unless of course we were invaded... then everyone had better fight for our island or get the hell off it.

wow......just realised this is for The Europion Union....Not for President Of Europe.

****ing wish someone told me this earlier lol, no wonder its not on our news

what is for the EU and not the president? your post isn't very clear (to me at least).

what is for the EU and not the president? your post isn't very clear (to me at least).

i thought Tony Blair would be president of all of Europe and has basically the same power as obama but can control all the country's in Europe lol, i didn't see the 'union' part in the first post and got carried away lol :lol:

i thought Tony Blair would be president of all of Europe and has basically the same power as obama but can control all the country's in Europe lol, i didn't see the 'union' part in the first post and got carried away lol :lol:

well that's not all that far from the truth. not sure the exact powers that tony will have but as far as i'm aware there would be a european military which would be, as would the rest of european countries' affairs, controlled by tony and his new office. sovereign rights will soon be a thing of the past.

of course it's still speculation that blair will get the position but i, as i have believed for some time, feel that the writing is on the wall.

It is not self hatred in the slightest, I'm not remotely defeatist, I in know way lack courage or self belief and I quite happily take the lead. However I do think nationalism is for those who have sad lives.

well that's not all that far from the truth. not sure the exact powers that tony will have but as far as i'm aware there would be a european military which would be, as would the rest of european countries' affairs, controlled by tony and his new office. sovereign rights will soon be a thing of the past.

of course it's still speculation that blair will get the position but i, as i have believed for some time, feel that the writing is on the wall.

This new treaty/constitution will give the European Union more powers, such as Countries will lose the right to veto over policy in home affairs, foreign policy, trade, terrorism prevention, energy, transport and even the space program.

Member state police forces (EU police) will be able to enter any EU country without first having to gain permission. cross-border crime could be tackled more efficiently. so they say, who are they going to use the Gendarmerie Force

and it just gets worse. read the treaty.

well there you have it. we'll have our own very own FBI! that can travel from state to state... eh, sorry, country to country i meant... or did i?...

i've been dreading reading it tbh mate but i'll need to get to it soon.

am still reeling about the whole situation.

Member state police forces (EU police) will be able to enter any EU country without first having to gain permission. cross-border crime could be tackled more efficiently. so they say, who are they going to use the Gendarmerie Force

and it just gets worse. read the treaty.

wtf? nice one stevewinn, I've never heard of the 'Gendarmerie Force' before,

I guess you only find out the when it's too late. we are kept so much in the dark.

The European Gendarmerie Force (EUROGENDFOR or EGF) was launched by an agreement in 2006 between five members of the European Union: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands. Its purpose is the creation of a European intervention force, which will militarize police (aka a gendarmerie) functions and specialize in crisis management. More countries will be allowed to join in the future.

wtf? nice one stevewinn, I've never heard of the 'Gendarmerie Force' before,

I guess you only find out the when it's too late. we are kept so much in the dark.

The European Gendarmerie Force (EUROGENDFOR or EGF) was launched by an agreement in 2006 between five members of the European Union: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands. Its purpose is the creation of a European intervention force, which will militarize police (aka a gendarmerie) functions and specialize in crisis management. More countries will be allowed to join in the future.

Bill, it gets much worse. its full off contradictions and footnotes. If anyone who reads the full thing, once finished still has the opinion its a good thing then that person does not believe in democracy. with the treaty being 270 odd pages and having to check what was changed from the constitution it adds up to about 470 odd pages The length of this document defends it well against the risk of it being read.

Edited by stevewinn

in related news:

After Ireland's Yes vote on the Lisbon Treaty, many Britons see their former Prime Minister Tony Blair as a shoe-in to become the first president of the EU. But his appointment is far from certain. There are deep misgivings across the EU about handing the top job to the old friend of George W. Bush.

"A spectre is haunting Europe," wrote London Mayor Boris Johnson in his column in the Daily Telegraph this week. But the op ed quickly departed from the original text of the "Communist Manifesto." "That spectre has a famously toothy grin" and "an almost diabolical gift of political self-reinvention."

Source

My emphasis.

Edited by questionmark

wow democracy's a joke world-wide? shocker. no wonder why various unscrupulous organizations topple various democracies in order to install dictators. *sarcasm