Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your most embarrassing health confessions

BiffSplitkins

AWOL tampons, gas, losing your breakfast on the doc? To prove that you are so not alone when it comes to mortifying health mishaps, Health readers shared some of their stories with us. And our own medical editor, Roshini Rajapaksa, MD, weighs in on when you really do need to talk to your doctor about an embarrassing episode or symptom.

Article on CNN.COM

These are funny as hell. Especially the one about the lactose intolerant lady that went for a waxing. LOL.

If anyone feels like sharing some of their personal embarrassing health confession go ahead. :tu:

I'll start with one.

When I was about 8 years old I went camping. Not camping where there were bathrooms and showers. I'm talking about real 'MAN'S' camping. Well nature called and I went. Grabbed the biggest leaves around me to wipe with. Lo and behold I was never taught to identify poison ivy from other plants. I will never forget the sheer embarrassment of going to the doctors at 8 years old and having him tell me "drop your drawers and spread your cheeks so we can take a look here."

:rofl:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Queen in the North

• BiffSplitkins

• WoIverine

when i was kid i went to get a check up and the doctor felt my balls in his palms felt pretty gay

At around 15, I developed massive allergy red spots all over my body. My mom got me to the doctor's office for a complete allergy test. Turned out I was allergic to THC, Ooopppss (and Ouch! after being beaten the crap out of when my dad came back home...) I worked extensively on this problem for years after. Now it's OK. :tu:

My moms a nurse so I guess this kinda counts as medical. When I was maybe 6 or 7 I was outside playing and had to go to the bathroom real bad and I didn't want to leave my friends to go pee. So I ran behind some bushs and went pee there. I knew I wasn't supose to do that so I was in a real panic to finish and well. I finished and I went to zip up and Ouchy momma I got myself caught in the zipper. I couldn't get the zipper back down and had to walk home (very awkwardly) and get my mom to help me get unstuck LOL Damn did that hurt and ever since then I am extra carfull, believe me LOL I still bare the scar LOL

I still bare the scar LOL

LOL!

You bare the scar?, or do you mean bear the scar....

believe me there is a difference. One could get you locked up!!!

(great story though!)

Edited by supervike

LOL!

You bare the scar?, or do you mean bear the scar....

believe me there is a difference. One could get you locked up!!!

(great story though!)

LOL ;) I ment to do that LOL

When I was about 8 years old I went camping. Not camping where there were bathrooms and showers. I'm talking about real 'MAN'S' camping. Well nature called and I went. Grabbed the biggest leaves around me to wipe with. Lo and behold I was never taught to identify poison ivy from other plants. I will never forget the sheer embarrassment of going to the doctors at 8 years old and having him tell me "drop your drawers and spread your cheeks so we can take a look here."

:rofl:

Hahaha, my brother did the same thing without realizing what he'd done. He went to school and couldn't sit still in his desk so they sent him to the nurse. She called our mom and told her to come pick up that he either had body lice or mental problems, not sure which.

Three leaves and shiny, not for the heinie.

Edited by ChloeB

Franks and Beans! :rofl:

When I was little I got stung on the lower lip by a bee at the family picnic. It swelled out so much that I had to go to the doc. After the doc told me I would be fine and I got home, things went from serious to joke-y real fast, as my whole extended family made fun of my huge lip. :hmm:

Edited by Pinx

When I went to get my driver's license for the first time, I took the vision test and they told me it was horrible, that I got all the letters wrong and I couldn't get my license, but it turned out to be a prank, my Dad was friends with the guy who ran the Driver's Ed program :rolleyes:

My moms a nurse so I guess this kinda counts as medical. When I was maybe 6 or 7 I was outside playing and had to go to the bathroom real bad and I didn't want to leave my friends to go pee. So I ran behind some bushs and went pee there. I knew I wasn't supose to do that so I was in a real panic to finish and well. I finished and I went to zip up and Ouchy momma I got myself caught in the zipper. I couldn't get the zipper back down and had to walk home (very awkwardly) and get my mom to help me get unstuck LOL Damn did that hurt and ever since then I am extra carfull, believe me LOL I still bare the scar LOL

Ouchie! That reminds me of the time when I was really little. I had to stand tip-toe to pee in the toilet. Well, I went one time and down came the toilet seat... WHAM. My willie turned purple and I made the babysitter put a band-aid on it. LOL

When I went to get my driver's license for the first time, I took the vision test and they told me it was horrible, that I got all the letters wrong and I couldn't get my license, but it turned out to be a prank, my Dad was friends with the guy who ran the Driver's Ed program :rolleyes:

Ooooh that's a cruel prank to pull. :P

Damn Biff the babysitter, good score LOL you nut LOL that was rich LOL

Edited by The Silver Thong

I played paintball in the woods back in high school and had wiped the sweat off my face after a game..well I got poison oak on half my face so i swelled up. Even with the steroid medicine I wasn't looking so hot for a week or too.

i had appendicitis when i was younger, and they took me into the examination room or whatever you want to call it, and the doctor had me pull down my pants infront of all of the interns to show where he would make the incisions :hmm: that was awkward

and another time, i had to get a skin graph because i had a hole in my eardrum from tubes that i had when i was younger. so i went into the doctors office and he asked me what happened, and suggested that maybe i poked it with a qtip or something, but i had to tell him that he caused it by messing up the tubes when i was younger xD it still doesnt feel right when i go underwater, and if i go to deep the pressure is too much

I had a really bad cold one time, and while sitting in history class I had a huge sneeze come upon me. I went to cover my nose -- but oh no! It got everywhere. I asked the teacher -- through my covering-palms -- if she had a tissue, but she hadn't any. Someone was kind enough to run to the bathroom for me, though!

I'm sure that's happend to everyone at least once!

Lol the waxing one hilarious. So is the present to Tom.

Lol the waxing one hilarious. So is the present to Tom.

The waxing story had my laughing too. :D

i had appendicitis when i was younger, and they took me into the examination room or whatever you want to call it, and the doctor had me pull down my pants infront of all of the interns to show where he would make the incisions :hmm: that was awkward

Oh I hear ya, everytime I go to the hospital I get the fresh out of school interns or whatever you call them and I feel like a lab rat. I had a broken jaw years ago and they were going to operate (wire my jaw). They had me naked on the table with 10 people in the room with just a small towel over my privates. I got pretty cold and shivering with a broken jaw sucks LOL so I asked for a blanket. Caaaan i pweasss haf a bwanky, i said and ya I got a blanket but they told me it would be a little while till they could start the operation, prep work I guess.

I had an I.V. in my arm and they said it would be awhile till they could put me under so they gave me something I'm thinking morphine but who knows and man as soon as they gave me that stuff i did something embarrassing. I thought I was James Bond or a spy and they were trying to get secret information out of me. I sat up on the table and told everyone in that room that they weren't getting any information out of me and that no drug could make me talk. I was a secret agent and I was trained to ignore drugs and torture so they might as well give up trying LOL They must have been laughing there butts off.

I fell at work and broke my jaw, not fun. However I have a few other stories about that as well and hospitals. I am very accident prone LOL

opps edit spelling

Edited by The Silver Thong

Oh I hear ya, everytime I go to the hospital I get the fresh out of school interns or whatever you call them and I feel like a lab rat. I had a broken jaw years ago and they were going to operate (wire my jaw). They had me naked on the table with 10 people in the room with just a small towel over my privates. I got pretty cold and shivering with a broken jaw sucks LOL so I asked for a blanket. Caaaan i pweasss haf a bwanky, i said and ya I got a blanket but they told me it would be a little while till they could start the operation, prep work I guess.

I had an I.V. in my arm and they said it would be awhile till they could put me under so they gave me something I'm thinking morphine but who knows and man as soon as they gave me that stuff i did something embarrassing. I thought I was James Bond or a spy and they were trying to get secret information out of me. I sat up on the table and told everyone in that room that they weren't getting any information out of me and that no drug could make me talk. I was a secret agent and I was trained to ignore drugs and torture so they might as well give up trying LOL They must have been laughing there butts off.

I fell at work and broke my jaw, not fun. However I have a few other stories about that as well and hospitals. I am very accident prone LOL

opps edit spelling

:o Oh God!! *gasps for breath from laughing* Sorry to hear about the jaw though, must've been pretty painful!

I know what you mean about the student doctors though, Lord they annoy me. They're always in massive groups, gawping at you! I was in hospital about this time last year with who knows what stomach pain, and about ten interns were treated to me shouting and swearing at the doctor examining me as he tried "tell me if it hurts when I press here..." "GET THE **** OFF ME YES THAT ******* HURTS!" etc That was pretty embarrassing afterwards, especially as one dropped by my bed later with a "Did you get your lessons in cursing from a soldier or a sailor?" :blush:

:o Oh God!! *gasps for breath from laughing* Sorry to hear about the jaw though, must've been pretty painful!

I know what you mean about the student doctors though, Lord they annoy me. They're always in massive groups, gawping at you! I was in hospital about this time last year with who knows what stomach pain, and about ten interns were treated to me shouting and swearing at the doctor examining me as he tried "tell me if it hurts when I press here..." "GET THE **** OFF ME YES THAT ******* HURTS!" etc That was pretty embarrassing afterwards, especially as one dropped by my bed later with a "Did you get your lessons in cursing from a soldier or a sailor?" :blush:

You Potty mouth LOL I know what you mean, why do doctors always touch where it hurts lol. I have had 2 broken jaws, ya real bad luck but the doc's must have been happy once they got my jaw wired. My mom worked in the hospital that I went to the most LOL and they asked her, did you teach this boy how to swear LOL

I do have a story about being in the hospital room with an old eastern European guy that had no legs and flung poop LOL

Oh and a spinal tap ya really I had one and wow, but they drugged me so I don't really remember but my mom and dad told me about it and I had to say sorry to the doc's and nurses.

Once, whilst in 10th grade, I dropped my pen on the floor. Reached down to get it, sneezed violently, and whacked my face really hard on my desk. Everyone was staring at me. My nose was bleeding badly, so I had to walk up to the nurse with blood everywhere, and explain what happened... She laughed at me :mellow:

Oh and a spinal tap ya really I had one and wow, but they drugged me so I don't really remember but my mom and dad told me about it and I had to say sorry to the doc's and nurses.

*gigglesnort* That might be one of the best sentences ever. LOL.

i went to get a pierceing done at this place.i was geting my right 'chest piece' (hee hee) done.the guy saiid to keep still whil he did the intal pirce.i managed that but wen he went to put to piercing in,i sneezed and he ended up stabing me in the right 'chest'.

When I was 17 I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. They obviously sedated me. When I started coming to my mom was right there next to me and asked "How do you feel?" I said "Holy cow, I feel soooo trashed right now!"

My mom asked "And just how do you know what it feels like to be trashed?!?!?"

That was a long ride home I tell ya. :P