Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Insane asylum location

matelski87

I found out the actual location for the insane asylum. I've always wondered why no one would post it or at least give a general location. ok ladies and gentlemen put this address in your GPS if you wish to visit the asylum: 3756 Farm rd. that's the location of the asylum (or at least the address of the ranch across the street of it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sdmjhfsd

• _Only

• kiddglock

• Ryan.

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out the actual location for the insane asylum. I've always wondered why no one would post it or at least give a general location. ok ladies and gentlemen put this address in your GPS if you wish to visit the asylum: 3756 Farm rd. that's the location of the asylum (or at least the address of the ranch across the street of it.

What do you mean "the" insane asylum? Is there some famous asylum in San Antonio that I haven't heard about?

No it's not.

:huh:

Care to elaborate?

What do you mean "the" insane asylum? Is there some famous asylum in San Antonio that I haven't heard about?

yeah there is a "famous" abandoned insane asylum here on the south east side of San Antonio, TX. although it has been vandalized and tagged by people it is still a creepy site to visit. there are reports of people running into creepy things inside a few of the asylum buildings. for more on these people's sories there are other topics about the insane asylum though out this site. I was a bit skeptical when i first heard about this place, I mean to visit this asylum is an illegal attempt. though the front gate has been taken down if a cop catches you there he/she can write yo a ticket or even arrest you for being on private property. and the people who live on the ranch across the street are weird people they do not lke to talk about why the asylum was abandoned and they do not like late night visitors to the asylum (they are usually the ones that call the cops). but all in all the asylum lets off an eerie atmosphere and on the brave will go through all 3 buildings. for pictures of the insane asylum go to youtube and search for "haunted insane asylum in san antonio, TX".

I have been to a couple abandoned places where people usually call cops..not a big deal though. Main rule is, don't use flashlights and go in small quiet groups. They can't call what they can't see or hear. Also, if you need to see (no moon) they sell night vision for like 100 bucks at some toy stores. They are not super duty or anything, but enough to see. They are called "eyeclops" for kids or something like that.

Edited by Contract Killer Romeo

and the people who live on the ranch across the street are weird people they do not lke to talk about why the asylum was abandoned and they do not like late night visitors to the asylum (they are usually the ones that call the cops).

Yeah, certain people get like that when a bunch of people come near the property all the time to go explore some building. Personally, I wouldn't mind, it's not my property, what do I care? Reminds me of back when I was 18-19, and there was supposedly a "Gravity Hill" and "Hell's Gates" next to a slaughterhouse in a city near us. All of us kids would always drive there, put our cars in neutral and wait for the "ghosts" to push our car. Pretty fun, but the nearby landowners would do things like call the police, and even try to chase us out in their SUV and 4 wheelers. :lol:

Also, if you need to see (no moon) they sell night vision for like 100 bucks at some toy stores. They are not super duty or anything, but enough to see. They are called "eyeclops" for kids or something like that.

No kidding? That's crazy, night-vision for 100 bucks in a kids store. :tu:

I have been to a couple abandoned places where people usually call cops..not a big deal though. Main rule is, don't use flashlights and go in small quiet groups. They can't call what they can't see or hear. Also, if you need to see (no moon) they sell night vision for like 100 bucks at some toy stores. They are not super duty or anything, but enough to see. They are called "eyeclops" for kids or something like that.

Such vagueness! Wonders why all closed down insane asylums or hospitals just have to be haunted? I don't wish to diss anyone , but think about it, it is rather silly.. My husband worked at one of these facilities that is well known for twenty years.. and god forbid.. he had to walk the creepy tunnels nightly as part of his job. He never saw anything or heard anything in all those years he could not explain. I do understand how these places can feel creepy.. It is mostly in the mind though and pre convcieved ideas that it must be haunted.

I am not a disbeliever.. I have experienced some very strange stuff way back in the day... Like forty years ago or more... But this silliness of folks thinking every closed down hospital or old places is haunted is just silly. In case you have a short memory please see re-read the last paragraph!

Edited by GypsyToes

Such vagueness! Wonders why all closed down insane asylums or hospitals just have to be haunted? I don't wish to diss anyone , but think about it, it is rather silly.. My husband worked at one of these facilities that is well known for twenty years.. and god forbid.. he had to walk the creepy tunnels nightly as part of his job. He never saw anything or heard anything in all those years he could not explain. I do understand how these places can feel creepy.. It is mostly in the mind though and pre convcieved ideas that it must be haunted.

I am not a disbeliever.. I have experienced some very strange stuff way back in the day... Like forty years ago or more... But this silliness of folks thinking every closed down hospital or old places is haunted is just silly. In case you have a short memory please see re-read the last paragraph!

uhh I said I go to and have been to abandoned places..never said I go there, just looking for ghosts. I just like walking around in them, haunted or not.

:huh:

Care to elaborate?

There is another fairly long thread on this place somewhere here on the site. It's not exactly famous, other than locally. It's several old buildings on a campus that made up an asylum there in San Antonio. Mostly the people that go there experience "feelings", etc. I don't think I've ever even read anything about actual apparitions or anything like that. The biggest dangers are drug users and tramps along with the person across the street who has been known to fire off shotgun rounds when people park and walk in. Asbestos, dirty needles, bad floors, cottonmouths, etc. You have to wade through weeds taller than you are to get to the buildings, unless I'm mistaken. Probably be worth driving by if you were in SA, but not worth getting hurt to look around.

...along with the person across the street who has been known to fire off shotgun rounds when people park and walk in.

Lol, that made me laugh. I know the type. They probably sit in front of their window all day waiting for someone to show up just so they can make them go away. :lol:

U wanna scary asylum look up Poveglia Island in Italy

U wanna scary asylum look up Poveglia Island in Italy

Yes, I've only been to San Antonio a couple of times. This place doesn't strike me as too scary though. I think it gets quite a bit of traffic too.

There were asylums in many areas of the country. In my area there is one that is referred to locally as the castle. This is a link to the site about it complete with pictures. http://nysasylum.com/biahist.htm

Unfortunately, it does not cover the dozens of other buildings on the location. It basically was a self contained community and even included a farm for growing their own food.

I am going to be in San Antonio in a few days and I was wondering if there was anyone who has been there who wouldn't mind showing me around...just to take a few pictures and to check everything out.

I am going to be in San Antonio in a few days and I was wondering if there was anyone who has been there who wouldn't mind showing me around...just to take a few pictures and to check everything out.

Be careful. Floors are gone. Chemicals laying around. Used needles. Cops. Homeless folks. Druggies. Deadly snakes. Enjoy.

Be careful. Floors are gone. Chemicals laying around. Used needles. Cops. Homeless folks. Druggies. Deadly snakes. Enjoy.

Actually, all of those things seem very appealing...except for the cops of course. I've been to quite a few abandoned places so I have a general idea of what to expect. However, I think it would be helpful if someone who is familiar with the area would accompany me.

lol. That aint scary.

So is there anyone who'd be willing to take me there or show me around? Or at the very least give me some pointers so I don't drive there for a half an hour and then have to turn back??

So I just went there...no snakes, no guys with shotguns, no police, etc. But there was a shitload of hornet nests, a few of which I almost walked right into!!

If anyone is interested I can post pics up soon.

Edited by mindcandy