Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High levels of Radiation and Ghosts

stevemagegod

Okay guys i was watching the show called Destination Truth last night about the Chernobyl disaster and ever time they were getting spikes on the EMF Detector,thermal, and other equipment they couldn't investigate for very long because the radiation levels were getting dangerously high for humans and they had to move to the next spot(even though they were catching very good evidence). I was thinking that maybe if their is a lot of radiation at a site that is supposidely haunted their could be a environmental cause to the hauntings(even though their was a lot of people that died in the Chernobyl disaster).

What do you guys think?

I watched an episode of destination truth as well. omg its freaky about these dolls in mexico and their eyes would move... anyway, i think that u might be right like radiation could really make u sick so why not other things?? :wub:

Okay guys i was watching the show called Destination Truth last night about the Chernobyl disaster and ever time they were getting spikes on the EMF Detector,thermal, and other equipment they couldn't investigate for very long because the radiation levels were getting dangerously high for humans and they had to move to the next spot(even though they were catching very good evidence). I was thinking that maybe if their is a lot of radiation at a site that is supposidely haunted their could be a environmental cause to the hauntings(even though their was a lot of people that died in the Chernobyl disaster).

What do you guys think?

It's possible. I think we know as much about spirits as we do how to track them. (That almost made

sense to me) Anyway , I just recently started viewing/recording those shows, I missed that one but for sake of

knowing, there is the web site that allows--from what I can tell-- 100% viewing of all their episodes. There's

an episode filmed near Mt. Fuji (spelling?) in Japan where "hundereds" had apparently made a spot for suicide

which is pretty recent in it's use--not just the feudal Japan, methods of retaining one's honor...sepiku..or

"belly cutting" . The added constraint had been the massed iron deposits left from the volcanic erruptions. This

could have "contributed" to the evidence that the team did not get on camera , which they added toward the end of the investigation.

There have been some form of bacteria or microbe that have developed at ground zero, so there is life there, even within such intense radiation, so in a way I suppose there is no telling.

Check out some of the first Ghost Hunters shows and you will see they had a Geiger Counter with them a few times. But they never got more than a normal readings from it. I would ASSUME any readings above normal would come from Radon build up in a basement in a Non Industrial environment.

possible, if youre meaning we have Natural meanings for hauntings. however, rad should have nothing to do with EMF readings.

i watched the episode as well (love that show)

Edited by Agent. Mulder
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure there were hardly any deaths right at the nuclear reactor. Most people died at home and in hospitals, some years later. Ghosts almost always appear where they died, so there shouldn't be much there.

I have never thought of Chernobyl as a haunted place but I could be wrong. Radiation is something I never really looked for when ghost hunting, so I have no first hand experiences.

Edited by cpjason

Ghosts almost always appear where they died, so there shouldn't be much there.

They just as often appear in the place where they were the happiest as well. Or places that hold strong memories, or create strong emotions in them. I've seen just as many "ghosts" in places where they were the happiest (where they went on the first date with their life partner, the house they spent the majority of their entire adult life at).

If it were true that a majority of "ghosts" clung to where they died, hospitals would be ground zero of paranormal activity. To the point that the hospitals would have to probably shut down due to the amount of 'paranormal' disturbances.

I could easily see how Chernobyl would be a hot spot for 'paranormal activity.' Due to it being all but abandoned by humanity, and the fact that so many people's lives were snuffed short, and the last strong memories they would have would be Chernobyl.

But I'm not sure how radiation would affect "ghosts." I've never had the opportunity to go to a irradiated 'haunted' place. Though have always loved a chance to go prowl in Prypiat.

Edited by Superman

You are right of course, but I can't believe that anyone would choose Chernobyl as their happy place to dwell in the afterlife. That would leave the tragic death sort of ghost which is usually right where the death happened.

Well, if popular theory is correct. Ghosts tend to cling to the strongest memory they have.

Lives that are cut short, they tend to cling to the strongest, vivid memory they have - usually their own death.

I could imagine that those that were sent to clean up the reactor, were dieing in confusion, as they weren't aware of the severity they were going into.

And those that lived in Prypiat (and surrounding areas) only knew that one minute everything was honkey doorey, and the next, there was a huge explosion and nothing was the same. So I could see how Chernobyl, Prypriat and the rest of the "Dead Zone" could harbor a lot of 'trapped souls'. Cause for many, that was the last place they were alive before hell (literally) erupted.

Edited by Superman

If the the radiation levels at Chernobyl are still high enough to cause ionization one would expect to find a lot of anomalous EM readings.

If the the radiation levels at Chernobyl are still high enough to cause ionization one would expect to find a lot of anomalous EM readings.

I am pretty sure the levels are high enough, but you have to be right on top of the melted core. It is safe to stand a stones throw from the building now, but I wouldn't want to be there for very long.

I watched a nice video of it on youtube recently.

Edited by cpjason

Not very sure about this. Have a look: Solar and geomagnetic Paranormal activity

Very interesting. At least someone recognizes the fact there is constantly changing EM weather. A more complete EM picture would also include thunderstorm activity within 100 miles.

I am pretty sure the levels are high enough, but you have to be right on top of the melted core. It is safe to stand a stones throw from the building now, but I wouldn't want to be there for very long.

I watched a nice video of it on youtube recently.

I hear you. It still amazes me that people are allowed to get that close. Ghost busters get excited about fluctuations in the miligauss range. That may well be close enough to pickup at those levels.

• 3 years later...

Not very sure about this. Have a look: Solar and geomagnetic Paranormal activity

Great website. thanks for sharing i love the paranormal theories section

Sorry for the Grave dig i haven't looked at some of these topics in a long time. I recently became more active though and just haven't browsed through some of my older topics.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

So dig but you don't have to thank the people who posted it 4 years ago.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

so, This is just me just trying to connect some dots here so if i am wrong or this seems completely insane then ignore it.

so i was just doing some quick research and after watching the Destination Truth episode about Chernobyl and i did notice (as did everyone else) that whenever there was a form of manifestation by an entity, there was a large spike in the rad counts. So i start looking into theories as to what ghosts are made of and of course one main theory is that spiritual entities consist of electromagnetic energy, which is why the EMF usually spikes in proximity to one. Another idea that was presented during the episode and in the little bit of digging that i did was that it may be possible for these spirits to draw energy from their environments such as from electrical equipment. They could then, in theory, use that energy to produce a stronger manifestation of themselves.

another thing that i looked in to was the residual effects of a nuclear blast and one thing intrigued me, gamma radiation. as many may know, this is a form of Electromagnetic radiation that produces a large amount of potential energy.

What i am getting at here is that i think that it is possible that the spirits are absorbing the residual radiation from their environment to use as energy, causing radiation spikes at times of manifestation. ....

anywhooo this is what happens when you leave me alone with my thoughts

Makes me wonder if ghosts are just electromagnetic imprints of our consiousness caught within earths magnetic field. afterall, our memories, personality, and being is just a series of electrical impulses

• Like 1