Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Precolombian Airplane Models

Dimension_X

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Qoais

• questionmark

• hortie

• Mattshark

3) The point is, when duplicated in larger scale, it does fly. Whether or not it's an exact replica as far as embellishment goes, is irrelevant. It's the design that's important.

I want to see that.

1) I think the dragonfly looks very much like a dragonfly.

2) As was said, the tail is not similar to a fish or a bird.

3) The point is, when duplicated in larger scale, it does fly. Whether or not it's an exact replica as far as embellishment goes, is irrelevant. It's the design that's important.

No, the point that when duplicated in larger scale it will fly isn't the point. If you duplicate a manta ray and throw it in the air, it will fly too won't it? Doesn't make it an airplane.

Nibs

No, the point that when duplicated in larger scale it will fly isn't the point. If you duplicate a manta ray and throw it in the air, it will fly too won't it? Doesn't make it an airplane.

Nibs

No need to duplicate it, all you need is enough power and it will fly... the controlled landing is another story though.

No need to duplicate it, all you need is enough power and it will fly... the controlled landing is another story though.

SPLAT isn't considered a controlled landing?

:D

Nibs

Mantas don't have a 3 piece tail fin, especially one sticking upwards.

Actually it is first and second dorsal fin and a caudal fin not a tri-finned caudal fin.

Right - so flip it over and you now have a fish with a tail fin sticking downward - better lay off the cocoa (leaves)

Coca, not cocoa (chocolate)

how many rays have a stabilizer. or for that matter bird.

How many precolumbians had aircraft?

Just a quick question. If they did, transatlantic travel would be pretty easy. Why did contact with Europeans nearly wipe them out through illness?

Also way did they not have any of this when they were invaded?

Seem to me that you have to go to extreme lengths of ignoring evidence to come up with this being a plane.

according to the egytian legend of atlantis they were masters of the air.

if this is true there are two things that atlantis had to have to fly.

an engine probable internal combustine. and a radio.

Edited by danielost

How many precolumbians had aircraft?

Just a quick question. If they did, transatlantic travel would be pretty easy. Why did contact with Europeans nearly wipe them out through illness?

Also way did they not have any of this when they were invaded?

Seem to me that you have to go to extreme lengths of ignoring evidence to come up with this being a plane.

The answer is real simple: Before the Europeans came the Nibblers collected all the goodies so they would not see them.

2) As was said, the tail is not similar to a fish or a bird.

Bull crap, lots of demersal elasmobranchs have tails like that as the guitar fish above shows, or was is remembering basic things now too much hard work for you to bother with?

Edited by Mattshark

The Egyptians told stories of the Columbians?

Do we have to review the entire "Atlantis isn't" thread?

Nibs

Anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough. Somethings just tend to discribe a steeper parabola than others. ;)

There is no Egyptian legend of Atlantis, it is a Greek allegory. Written by Plato.

Edited by Mattshark

Enlighten me, what Egyptian legend about Atlantis?

How does one contact a moderator when they want to ask a question?

Same way you contact any member. PM them.

Bull crap, lots of demersal elasmobranchs have tails like that as the guitar fish above shows, or was is remembering basic things now too much hard work for you to bother with?

Mattshark - stick it in your ear. I'm not going to look up those ridiculous words because they will likely describe some equally ridiculous underwater amoeba or something and nothing at all that an ancient civilization would have been aware of in the depths of the ocean and admired so much they make a piece of jewellry to look like it.

The Egyptians told stories of the Columbians?

Do we have to review the entire "Atlantis isn't" thread?

Nibs

Come on Nibs, does that mean you don't believe that the egyptians taught the Eskimos how to build igloos's LOL I mean they kinda look a little similar, ones just rounded on the top ;)

Same way you contact any member. PM them.

I tried to look up a couple by name, but couldn't find them in the members list, so I used the search feature, and got no results. I typed in moderator and got 0.

Mattshark - stick it in your ear. I'm not going to look up those ridiculous words because they will likely describe some equally ridiculous underwater amoeba or something and nothing at all that an ancient civilization would have been aware of in the depths of the ocean and admired so much they make a piece of jewellry to look like it.

Elasmobranch = sharks and rays - Like the guitar fish a type of ray

Demersal = near the bottom - just like the guitar fish.

It isn't rocket science.

seems to me that if you stand it on the "tail," it looks like a monster with a gaping mouth and big feet and a cape. Maybe we are just looking at it on the wrong plane. (heh...plane...)