Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 not the end of the world, Mayans insist

MissingAChance

The Yellowstone site is a super volcano site. I believe there are 2 other known places. If it goes off in full fashion it would be an enormous eruption, much larger than a regular volcano. There have been lots of predictions it would go off. I recall something about planetary alignments and solar flares and whatever setting off the eruption.

But it's a moot point, as planetary alignments and solar flares do not make volcanoes go off. It's pressure in the magma chamber and viscosity of magma that trigger it.

EDIT : ....amongst other things, there are many other factors as well, as surrounding rock composition, tectonic plate movements etc.

Edited by TheSearcher

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• DrunkDwarf

• TheSearcher

• Israel559

i guess we're just going to have to wait until that date in 2012 to find out. :hmm::lol:

i guess we're just going to have to wait until that date in 2012 to find out. :hmm::lol:

True, in the end, all we can do is let these dates come and go, as regardless of what will or will not happen, there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

The Mayans never said the world is going to come to an end... which means this whole article is BS

This probably sums it all up, thanks for saving me some time.

maya_cartoon.JPG

And the worst part is, the stone shown in the cartoon is an Aztec Sun Stone, not a Mayan calendar at all. Granted, the calendar sun stone looks great, but it has nothing to do with the Mayan long count calendar. The Aztec did not even derive their calendar from the Maya in the first place.

If most people make that kind of mistake, and certain pro 2012 authors most certainly do, how can you give it credence in any way, shape, or form?

• 2 weeks later...

So it's not the end of the world... but just the end of the calendar?... umm not so exciting :sleepy: ? Wish they just said that to not bothered by the public and press... c'mon!.. im sure the doomsday will be full of surprises.. a worth to experience.. i guess everyone will gonna like that.. won't you? :w00t::devil:

2012 is not the end of the world its the end of the last cycle in the calendar(why they didnt put more idk maybe the calendar just repeats itself all over again), they said that in 2012 the planets will align allowing the flow of new cosmic energy through the planets what effect this energy may have on our planet beats me but i know it may be pretty intersting to see...

Perhaps some disaster may occur due to the energy and many people may die from them but it will not be the end of the world life will continue. And there are those who believe it so much they will probably end up commiting suicide before anything happens, but truth is we just gota wait and see what the world has in store for us in 2012!

2012 is not the end of the world its the end of the last cycle in the calendar(why they didnt put more idk maybe the calendar just repeats itself all over again), they said that in 2012 the planets will align allowing the flow of new cosmic energy through the planets what effect this energy may have on our planet beats me but i know it may be pretty intersting to see...

Perhaps some disaster may occur due to the energy and many people may die from them but it will not be the end of the world life will continue. And there are those who believe it so much they will probably end up commiting suicide before anything happens, but truth is we just gota wait and see what the world has in store for us in 2012!

Due to what "energy"?

No their wrong, The end of the world is tomorrow. I may just decide to call in sick for work. :P

There will be no planetary alignment in 2012. Many of the planets will align in a rather straight line in 2010. On June 13, 2010, Uranus, Jupiter, and Mercury will be lined up on one side of the Sun while Venus, Mars, and Saturn will be lined up on the other side. Earth will be perpendicular to the Sun at this time. In September of the year 2040, four of the planets – Saturn, Venus, Jupiter, and Mars – will be roughly aligned when seen from Earth. Check out when other planetary alignments will happen, and then search for them in the sky.

If you want to know the planetary position of any given date, go here, simple but to the point. And if you really want to learn about planetary alignments, go here.

This said, I'd like to know who the "they" are, that keep saying this stuff. Cause it's mostly wrong.

2012 not the end of the world, Mayans insist. Yes it is, Vogons insist.

Late 2012 the world will see a God in there life time. The destroyer of evil and foulness that exist on earth. There are currently a group of people who have many evil plans for humanity that are in the works..... it is then we will see a Young Adult Male in the skies at night seated upon a Beautiful White Horse( Devadatta ) with the sword of Dharma given to him by Lord Shiva and he will reach every corner of earth and re establish Dharma ( Righteousness ) Living on Mother Earth.

Edited by Kailash 108

Wow.. reading all this is interesting in itself...

Some of you have touched some really great points... others are still living on the ever infamous saying "it will never happen to me".

The world has "lived" a really long time. Everyone tends to think of the world as an object and not as a living being. The philosophers have stated it will be a change in cycle... this being said, it reflects on the world itself, not just on humans alone, nor do I believe its based on complete destruction. It could be good, it could be bad. Things have been changing from "normal" for the past century. Is this part of the statements being told ?? Who knows.

The comments I truely accept that some of you have said, "its an interesting time to experience", is the most awesome statement heard. It is a truely awesome experience to be able to go through. Think about it... how many people can say they have experienced the 26,000 year cycle astronomy has to offer. The alignment of the sun and the milky way ?? Awesome stuff.

It's likely there may be no effect, or it may cause a bit of effect no one wants to experience... but to have the thought of "its never gonna happen to me" is a p*** poor thought for anyone to have. Americans have had this thought for many years, and is why such drastic occurances create more havok than what its worth. We live on a living form that NO ONE can stop. If/When the shift comes, there isn't anything anyone can do. Changes the planet has already gone through has already proved this.

One thing to think about, if you ever take two magnets and attempt to put them together evenly, they tend to veer away from each other, pushing against rather than pulling to. The magnetic north has shifted more towards the north pole... which way will the tides shift ? Another, the moon slowing moving away ?? Very interesting things to learn about.. but definitely nothing to try to stop, or try to freak out about. Wonder what the dinosaurs were saying back in the day..... Regardless... These findings are of interest to me, but definitely don't force me to go out and buy old missle silo's to find shelter in, or specially designed refrigerators to hold seeds in for after math planting.... hehehe... if it happens.. we will all be there to watch it and experience it.. if not... lets find something else to scare everyone with... anyone want to start ?? :)

Edited by CI2az

The Mayans never meant the world was going to end, that we can thank all those Discovery Channel "documentaries" focusing on the work of Terrance McKenna for. He created a "mathematical" algorythm using the I Ching(?) which when placed along a chart of world events (also something McKenna made) coincided with a drop off totally at December 21st 2012. Having said that, what an ancient Chinese divination tool has to do with complex mathematics, Mayans or world history is up for debate, especially seeing as the work McKenna did (who is now deceased as well) was all lost in a fire some years ago. So not much actual facts or real anything back it up...

Hay i'm a a amrican and i belive that the world is a liveing thing to a extent. but to be honest. the myans never said it was the begging or the end.

Alos remeber the spanards. they wiped the myans out. so they could have never have finished the calander at all. and also if you belive that this world was created in 7 days forget it. the would took along time to creat and i will take longer to destory it. and if there is a under world or devil or what ever. then they will come out and we will fight to surrvive. here is what i think will happen. big earth Quake all around the world. some tusnamis happen. and many people die. also there are 7 continet in the world and 7 holes that are located in earch contanit that have strange noises comeing from them. and 3 triangle one in the sea o japan and one in the carrabeins and one near austrilia. try to mathc the pieces. and what do you get or times them add them subtract them and devide them. tell me what you get.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure thas what i understood from what ive studied so far

we just have to see what strange things may happen then in 2012

they talk about here aswell as other places around the web

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/space/space_exploration/news.php?q=1230341629

Again, what 'energy' are you referring to?

And that site seems fairly biased about 2012, and its not accurate.

The comments I truely accept that some of you have said, "its an interesting time to experience", is the most awesome statement heard. It is a truely awesome experience to be able to go through. Think about it... how many people can say they have experienced the 26,000 year cycle astronomy has to offer. The alignment of the sun and the milky way ?? Awesome stuff.

The 'sun being aligned with the milky way center' happens each winter, thats all. Nothing special there.

It's likely there may be no effect, or it may cause a bit of effect no one wants to experience... but to have the thought of "its never gonna happen to me" is a p*** poor thought for anyone to have. Americans have had this thought for many years, and is why such drastic occurances create more havok than what its worth. We live on a living form that NO ONE can stop. If/When the shift comes, there isn't anything anyone can do. Changes the planet has already gone through has already proved this.

What changes on the earth have proved what?

One thing to think about, if you ever take two magnets and attempt to put them together evenly, they tend to veer away from each other, pushing against rather than pulling to. The magnetic north has shifted more towards the north pole... which way will the tides shift ? Another, the moon slowing moving away ?? Very interesting things to learn about.. but definitely nothing to try to stop, or try to freak out about. Wonder what the dinosaurs were saying back in the day..... Regardless... These findings are of interest to me, but definitely don't force me to go out and buy old missle silo's to find shelter in, or specially designed refrigerators to hold seeds in for after math planting.... hehehe... if it happens.. we will all be there to watch it and experience it.. if not... lets find something else to scare everyone with... anyone want to start ?? :)

The north pole shifts a lot though.

And the moon has been moving away for a Very Very long time. Means nothing.

Hay i'm a a amrican and i belive that the world is a liveing thing to a extent. but to be honest. the myans never said it was the begging or the end.

Alos remeber the spanards. they wiped the myans out. so they could have never have finished the calander at all. and also if you belive that this world was created in 7 days forget it. the would took along time to creat and i will take longer to destory it. and if there is a under world or devil or what ever. then they will come out and we will fight to surrvive. here is what i think will happen. big earth Quake all around the world. some tusnamis happen. and many people die. also there are 7 continet in the world and 7 holes that are located in earch contanit that have strange noises comeing from them. and 3 triangle one in the sea o japan and one in the carrabeins and one near austrilia. try to mathc the pieces. and what do you get or times them add them subtract them and devide them. tell me what you get.

Out of curiosity, why the natural disasters? We already have them, and have had them for millions of years.

Where are these 7 holes with odd noises? But a hole in the earth with an odd noise wouldnt mean anything.

I did the math and got nothing.

Out of curiosity, why the natural disasters? We already have them, and have had them for millions of years.

Where are these 7 holes with odd noises? But a hole in the earth with an odd noise wouldnt mean anything.

I did the math and got nothing.

Yeah Natural Disasters happen all the time. Notice how this year we have had so many around the world already. Not in another years prior has the earth scene so many. IF you were to have a globe and place a pin where a disaster has happened this year you would be like wow. There is so much turmoil in the world right now. And things could and prolly will get worse. Alot of tenions between countries as well. You cant deny this. who knows what 2011 has in store. 2012 wont be the end of the world though the world will see alot happen. Tidal Waves and earth quakes are imminent in 2012. The world has to pay for there Karma. ie. wars, slaughter houses, poverty, greedy nations, the demolishing of Beautiful Forest's world wide. Look at how many beautiful animals are near extinction. People have to see the bigger picture and realize the world we live in. Changes are in store. We and the world will see a Maitreya in our life time. Yogis are saying its time for the Maitreya to come. And Yogis know everything. Very intelligent and spiritual people they see things that a natural person on earth will never see. Its True. Peace.

Yeah Natural Disasters happen all the time. Notice how this year we have had so many around the world already. Not in another years prior has the earth scene so many.

Yeah actually, there has been a ton. What you have failed to notice, is the fact that the more we evolve, and the more tech we have, we appear to Notice them more. People studying this always make sure people know that first. So, we obviously nontice more. It may look like we had 15 earthquakes in one are in 2010, but in 1867 we actually had 27, but we had no way of knowing that. So, you cant use that point here.

IF you were to have a globe and place a pin where a disaster has happened this year you would be like wow. There is so much turmoil in the world right now. And things could and prolly will get worse. Alot of tenions between countries as well. You cant deny this.

You also cant deny that that stuff has been going on for thousands of years, and hasnt changed. Its no different now really. Just, maybe deadlier weapons. So, nothing new there.

who knows what 2011 has in store. 2012 wont be the end of the world though the world will see alot happen. Tidal Waves and earth quakes are imminent in 2012. The world has to pay for there Karma. ie. wars, slaughter houses, poverty, greedy nations, the demolishing of Beautiful Forest's world wide. Look at how many beautiful animals are near extinction. People have to see the bigger picture and realize the world we live in. Changes are in store. We and the world will see a Maitreya in our life time. Yogis are saying its time for the Maitreya to come. And Yogis know everything. Very intelligent and spiritual people they see things that a natural person on earth will never see. Its True. Peace.

The world will not pay for their 'karma', which is just a concept. Sure, tidal waves and quakes may happen as they do every year, but thats not an issue or new to anyone.

Animals are near extinction, from Other Animals (us). Yogis dont know everything, Trust me on that.

Spiritual people see nothing more than i do. They may have different ideas, but thats it.

Please dont put all your eggs in one basket.