Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams....help?

Eyereader

Latley ive been havning a very confussing/weird dream latley,and its very vivid. It always starts out in my grandmothers back yard where im painting. (i have never seen what I was paiting though.) then this man... maby 17-20 shows up. He had black hair,bright blue eyes, pale skin... and hes always dressed as if on the move. I have no clue what this means. but it has been going on for about 2 mounths now and it will usually happen 3-4 times a week. He looks at me and calls me Altora. I say thats not me and he gets mad and says "you have to remember!" or "i need to find you!" and storms of leaving me there shocked, every single time... I have no clue what to make of these dreams and would very much appriciate any imput on what this might be?

Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eyereader

• Rosewin

• jolady

• xYlvax

I would say that you maybe confused as to who you are. You might be disapointed in yourself and feeling as though you are missing something, or not fulfilling something in your life. The unpainted portrait is, in my opinion, your life not being lived fully. Sort of like you haven't yet decided what to do with it. Maybe your putting off being aggressive in your dreams. The guy probably is your ideal guy. The kind of guy you would most likely desire and haven't taken the steps to find, or simply is a male figure asking for someone else in order to help you wake up and fully realize you're you and you're unique in your own right. I think you will progress in your life after you have fully accomplished the task we all face. The self realization stage of life. It seems to me that the dream is showing that you can't paint/accomplish until you know who you are. I also think you may have childhood issues that need to be faced. Because the setting of your dream is in your grandmother's backyard. Or it the setting could be there because it brings a sense of comfort and love. I hope my post doesn't bother you. I answered it just like I would answer my own dream, if it were mine.

I would say that you maybe confused as to who you are. You might be disapointed in yourself and feeling as though you are missing something, or not fulfilling something in your life. The unpainted portrait is, in my opinion, your life not being lived fully. Sort of like you haven't yet decided what to do with it. Maybe your putting off being aggressive in your dreams. The guy probably is your ideal guy. The kind of guy you would most likely desire and haven't taken the steps to find, or simply is a male figure asking for someone else in order to help you wake up and fully realize you're you and you're unique in your own right. I think you will progress in your life after you have fully accomplished the task we all face. The self realization stage of life. It seems to me that the dream is showing that you can't paint/accomplish until you know who you are. I also think you may have childhood issues that need to be faced. Because the setting of your dream is in your grandmother's backyard. Or it the setting could be there because it brings a sense of comfort and love. I hope my post doesn't bother you. I answered it just like I would answer my own dream, if it were mine.

wow, no im not at all botherd by that, that was a very instresting way to put it! thanks for giving input! :)

Latley ive been havning a very confussing/weird dream latley,and its very vivid. It always starts out in my grandmothers back yard where im painting. (i have never seen what I was paiting though.) then this man... maby 17-20 shows up. He had black hair,bright blue eyes, pale skin... and hes always dressed as if on the move. I have no clue what this means. but it has been going on for about 2 mounths now and it will usually happen 3-4 times a week. He looks at me and calls me Altora. I say thats not me and he gets mad and says "you have to remember!" or "i need to find you!" and storms of leaving me there shocked, every single time... I have no clue what to make of these dreams and would very much appriciate any imput on what this might be?

Thanks.

Can you paint irl?

Is your grandmother alive?

A guy of ages 17 to 20 isn't really yet a "man" but a boy and you could call someone male that age a young guy. *shrugs* Some people regard teenagers and 20 odd year olds as mature adults though, LOL.

He sounds like a male Snow-White... hair as black as ebony. Skin as pale as snow. Did he have red cheeks and lips too?

What do you mean by dressed on the move? Was he wearing a joggers outfit?

"Altora" could be a confusion of some other word.

This dream sounds like you're highly imaginative. Have you got a boyfriend?

Edited by Lady Amethyst

Can you paint irl?

Is your grandmother alive?

A guy of ages 17 to 20 isn't really yet a "man" but a boy and you could call someone male that age a young guy. *shrugs* Some people regard teenagers and 20 odd year olds as mature adults though, LOL.

He sounds like a male Snow-White... hair as black as ebony. Skin as pale as snow. Did he have red cheeks and lips too?

What do you mean by dressed on the move? Was he wearing a joggers outfit?

"Altora" could be a confusion of some other word.

This dream sounds like you're highly imaginative. Have you got a boyfriend?

yes i can paint irl. my grandmother is still alive. and no he dosnt have red cheeks and lips haha. he is dressed in cakky pants and like a hunting sorta shirt i guess? like hiking wear? dose that explain it a lil more? And no I dont have a boyfriend atm but i do like someone, but the boy in this dream dose not AT ALL look like him...?

hmmmm I'd be confused if I had not had similar dreams in my past.

I had a dream once where I was in a dark cave, it was too dark to see it was a cave but it smelled like one and I could feel the 'pressure' you feel when underground. A man was sat in front of a fire, onl;y his head and shoulders lit by the fire, he was partly in shadow but I could make him out fine. He was a Native American wearing a cloak made of a whole wolf skin, the head skin over his head like a hood. In the dream he looked in from whatever it was he was doing, saw me and simply said "remember who you are!" and the dream was over. He too sounded angry and appeared to be berating me somehow. It is only now, 12 years later that I understand what he meant.

Be true to yourself and trust your instincts, there is something you are ignoring or doubting as incredible or illogical perhaps

hmmmm I'd be confused if I had not had similar dreams in my past.

I had a dream once where I was in a dark cave, it was too dark to see it was a cave but it smelled like one and I could feel the 'pressure' you feel when underground. A man was sat in front of a fire, onl;y his head and shoulders lit by the fire, he was partly in shadow but I could make him out fine. He was a Native American wearing a cloak made of a whole wolf skin, the head skin over his head like a hood. In the dream he looked in from whatever it was he was doing, saw me and simply said "remember who you are!" and the dream was over. He too sounded angry and appeared to be berating me somehow. It is only now, 12 years later that I understand what he meant.

Be true to yourself and trust your instincts, there is something you are ignoring or doubting as incredible or illogical perhaps

Wow thats an instresting dream, maby in mine that is what this person is telling me or hinting me to find my true self then? idk maby, but ya that seems like a pretty logical way to put it. and thz for sharing your dream and input :)

This dream is really happening too frequently for a regular dream analysis, at least from me, but I recommend you tell yourself before bed that when this person appears again in dream that you will not respond the same way. Then in your waking hours remind yourself that you are Altora.

The character in the dream might not be that important, it most likely is a character of your own consciousness attempting to awake you to the fact you are something you do not want to admit but must in order to help another.

The name Altora also brings to my mind images of bulls and of high places. Zeus.

Edited by Rosewin

Hmm... why are you down here in psychic stuff instead of up with the dreams? Ah well. Welcome aboard, and nicely dreamt.

Tinieblas has a good eye. I think he is correct to note the correspondences between his dream and yours.

His is in more "classic form." His dream character "I" finds a cave, finds someone in a set-off space inside the cave (the fire in the darkness), an archetypal figure who tries to make contact, based on having knowledge that "I" lacks. That the dream stayed with Tinieblas for several years is also typical of the genre.

Yours is different in some surface respects. Painting is, for many people, a kind of summoning of unconscious contents. Not seeing what you are painting, but seeing instead what has come forth is a wonderful grace note.

The recurrence of your dream would correspond to the persistence of his in waking memory. I'll bet you'll remember this for a long time, too.

When I read altora, I think that there is a Romanian word which means "of the others." I am not suggesting that you are a student of Romanian, but to me at least, altora "sounds like" it would mean something about "others." An exotic way to express otherness... that has the grace of dreamthought as well.

(And yes, Rosewin, high places, too - not mutually exclusive ideas. Thank you also for leaving the trail of breadcrumbs by which I found this thread.)

If my ear is any good, then, what you are being asked to remember is that there is more to your Self than what your waking consciousness apprehends. You might tolerate a bit of impatience on the part of the rest of your Self about that :).

I would disagree with tinieblas only scrupulously, in stepping back from his "there is something you are ignoring or doubting as incredible or illogical perhaps." That may well be true, of course. It may even account for the timing of a dream like yours, but too many other people dream versions of the same motif, and when they do, the dream stays with many of them much too long, for the point of the exercise to be entirely a response to an acute situation.

You might want to search "big dream" Jung for more information about this kind of dream. You definitely want to journal it, including its variations, since you will very likely be thinking about this for a long time, and will appreciate having a record made when your recall is fresh. Since you actually do paint, then, um, paint the damn thing!

If your goal is either to stop the recurrence, or else to move on to the rest of the story, then I would recommend answering to the name you are called and talking with the guy. I am cheeky enough that I would ask his name. The important question, I think, is "can I go with you?" But you use your own judgment about that.

It is entirely possible, BTW, that if you do paint the dream, then that will in itself end the recurrence. If something happened to occur to you while painting, then you would want to pay it some mind.

========

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs are dreamt by many, many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt a motif like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Edited by eight bits

Thanks.

This is interesting. I suggest trying to ask his name in return in the dream. Given that you've had the dream so many times and if you do in the future have it a lot as well, then you should be able to control yourself somewhat because of knowing its a dream. First try to ask him his name to help you remember, then try to turn and look at what your painting. And maybe another time try following him and see where he goes. Then ofcourse write them all down, what happenes each time and how you got to that part.

I'm a fellow dreamer as yourself, but I havn't ever had a Remember who you are dream. But, I have had a personality switch dream where I was someone completely different, yet I was myself.

Good luck to your dreaming :)

If my ear is any good, then, what you are being asked to remember is that there is more to your Self than what your waking consciousness apprehends. You might tolerate a bit of impatience on the part of the rest of your Self about that :).

This was my impression as well. The dream is more of a wake up call than anything else.

John