Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hadron Collider could test hyperdrive

UM-Bot

The Large Hadron Collider could be used to test the principles behind hyperdrive populsion, a potential future technology that could one day propel a spacecraft to the planets and beyond at a significant fraction of the speed of light.

"The world's most powerful particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), could be used to test the principles behind hyperdrive, a possible future form of spacecraft propulsion that could drive spacecraft at a good fraction of the speed of light. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: PhysOrg.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Space Commander Travis

• ShaunZero

• behaviour???

The Large Hadron Collider could be used to test the principles behind hyperdrive populsion, a potential future technology that could one day propel a spacecraft to the planets and beyond at a significant fraction of the speed of light.

I wonder what they consider significant? Double digits? >10%?

I always thought hyperdrive refered to FTL, Faster then Light, travel.

Totally unimpressed!!! Hyperspace from what I thougt was supposed to be FASTER then the speed of light. :hmm:

Totally unimpressed!!! Hyperspace from what I thougt was supposed to be FASTER then the speed of light. :hmm:

HELLO at this point anything faster then what were going now will be a huge step up! This my give a jump start to mars or moon bues!does anyone know when they going to test or when there getting results?

And my wife accused ME of watching to much Star trek! :w00t:

Ya, get us out of Low Earth Orbit first, then complain about the speeds for inter planetary travel. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think that the writer actually worded the sentence incorrectly.

I still worry about particle impact (micro or otherwise) with anything related to things called "Hyperdrive". :hmm:

Ok...Now thats so nice but it is equally important that we keep this thing out of the reach oh of the wrong hands

Thanks

B???

HELLO at this point anything faster then what were going now will be a huge step up! This my give a jump start to mars or moon bues!does anyone know when they going to test or when there getting results?

i think we'll have to wait for the thing to be got working first.