Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what things chase away evil spirits?

dorto

what kind of things chase away evil spirits,ghosts,poltergeists etc.. from the home or from following people?

does salt help? i hear salt chases evil entities

and i also heard sage does? but why?

what other things ward off evil

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Piney

• sickpuppy

• Pauly Dangerously

• NaiW

It depends on your religion, practices, cultural beliefs, etc, as to what will "work". Any variety of techniques will work, but you have to have the corresponding faith.

Ebonykrow is correct. Salt is used in Christian rituals (like baptism), and some Pagans use salt to "draw a line" that spirits cannot pass. Native Americans burn sage for purification.

It all depends on the energy placed into the ritual. One must be properly prepared through study and meditation before trying such intense magic.\

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

Dereck Acorah

hahahahhhaahaha

well i've heard it depends on the evil spirit, what kind of stuff is it doing?

Native Americans and some other practitioners of various types of ceremonial magic(k) use burning herbs or other methods, such as "smudging" an area with sage, etc.

There is also what some people refer to as the White Light of Protection, a creative visualization where you close your eyes and imagine the room around you, an identical scene, then you see a brilliant beam of light, shine down from the sky/heaven, on your area, the whole building, and illuminate the room, almost blindingly, visualize every closet and corner and whatever else penetrated by this warm, loving and cleansing holy light, shadows disappearing altogether - go through each room in your house, mentally, with this same visualization, "cleaning" the entire thing, and your property - it should take 1-10 minutes depending on how much detail you focus on and how big an area.

Edited by Paranormalcy

relationships.

surprised no one mentioned that yet.

The belief that burning incense and other aromatic herbs will dispel evil spirits is a very old belief. The use of the censer in certain Catholic masses supposedly does the same thing, although it's discussed only as a blessing, rather than as a dispelling. In Buddhism, incense sticks are burned before a statue of a Buddha in order to bless the space and "chase away" unwanted spirits or influences. In pagan religions, "burnt offerings," whether fatty animal parts or argricultural products, followed the sacrifices on the altars, with the smoke purportedly achieving two things: first, to bless or consecrate the altar, and second, to transport the believers' prayers to heaven, based on the observed phenomenon of smoke rising. In addition, an analogy was drawn between smoke and spirits, insofar as both were thought to be "airy" substances, like influencing like. The sense of smell also seemed important in these beliefs, with "fragrance" (good smells) signifying the presence of benign spirits and "odor" (bad smells) signifying the presence of malignant spirits. For example, in reports about miracles and/or saints, the scent of roses is often called "the fragrance of holiness" or "sanctity," whereas in reports about supposed demonic attacks or possessions, rank, vile smells are called the "stench of evil." It's interesting, and probably germane, that the sense of smell comes to the fore when trying to discuss beings that are essentially invisible. Likewise, the sense of hearing becomes important, as well, but I will not digress.

As for salt providing spiritual protection, that belief seems almost entirely European. Its origin may lie in a confluence of facts, such as that while salt was necessary for life, it was a precious commodity and, indeed, was often used as a medium of exchange, and it was not only valuable and necessary for life, but was also both a preservative and a flavor-enhancer. Its possible, too, that its whiteness (as a visual sign of purity) played into the belief in salt's spiritual power. In short, salt was such an important and valuable substance that people felt that expending a quantity of it had to carry a magical or spiritual power.

I dont belive in salt or any other food items that can chase away but there is a belief that mustard will help and they explain to me that a ghost cannot come to any room without picking mustard seed that is sown and to pick them means a great deal ...I learn it from a tribe when we went for a study tour....though It would be best to try and look for some result though at the present moment I am negative top the belief that mustard seeds will expel the ghosts

Thanks

B???

I feel that the best thing to do to fend of spirits is willpower. After all, is that not what ghosts are? Make sure you know that this house is yours and maybe let them no it. Show no fear. If your will is stronger than theirs then you will surely succeed.

I dont belive in salt or any other food items that can chase away but there is a belief that mustard will help and they explain to me that a ghost cannot come to any room without picking mustard seed that is sown and to pick them means a great deal ...I learn it from a tribe when we went for a study tour....though It would be best to try and look for some result though at the present moment I am negative top the belief that mustard seeds will expel the ghosts

Thanks

B???

"What chases away evil spirits?" Well, I'll say one thing, I bet those new Volcano tacos from Taco Bell would work, an hour or two after eating 2-3 of those, all life withers and dies around you due to um...gaseous anomalies. Evil spirits would more than likely opt to "move on" as well. LOL

Edited by SpiderCyde

As mentioned already, the ritual involved has to mean something to you. People believe it 'works' because of the intention and energy that is invested.

As mentioned already, the ritual involved has to mean something to you. People believe it 'works' because of the intention and energy that is invested.

i'd agree with that..

..willpower and intent can be powerful things

• 3 months later...

its a poltergeists.. how do I get rid of that?

even just momentarily. oh and Im Christian if that helps.

plz need good help fast.

Edited by NaiW

what kind of things chase away evil spirits,ghosts,poltergeists etc.. from the home or from following people?

Orange Juice. Apple Pie. Chalk. Shoe laces.

Salt works and sometimes so does iron

Salt might block them in if used wrong. I say eat a whole bulb of garlic. That'll chase everything away including your family. :yes:

Lapiche

Disbelief works very nicely. It has for me.

Nothing can attack you that you don't allow. Belief is needed when using sage, salt or the likes to expell. I know very little on this subject but do cleansing of my home regulary. Not so much for eveil spirits but to keep my home clean of negative energy, spirits etc. Of course I guess there is a strong sense of my "personal belief in God" and that in the name of God anything I command in his name must leave..Haven't had any problems so something is working...

Sage! YEEECCCH! gagggg! Use flat cedar if your gonna burn something. Trust a skin.

Lapiche