Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Warming Theory not looking hot anymore

Ufo Believer

Heh, no they didn't. That is known as the flat Earth myth, the ancient Greeks showed the world was not flat.

didn't you just demand links from me for this very statement. except for the flat earth myth wording

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Moon Monkey

• SQLserver

• danielost

didn't you just demand links from me for this very statement. except for the flat earth myth wording

I think you will find I have posted links plenty of times, no one bothers to read them so you can just search through and find them yourself. Also, I not claiming accepted data are wrong.

I think you will find I have posted links plenty of times, no one bothers to read them so you can just search through and find them yourself. Also, I not claiming accepted data are wrong.

yes you are. your accepted data is not our accepted data.

there is more going on than just human activity. like i said before the world is heating up, that is normal for the planet. climate is changing that is again true. the question again is how much is man affecting it. according to you and your data it is all man and no nature. so when i bring in the fact that we are still in an ice age and still warming up. you tell me historic climate doesn't matter. the question then is WHY doesn't it count.

at one point the whole planet was tropical. not just the equator.

it's like the greenies claim that the wild honeybee is dieing off in America due to pollution.

they make this claim because

1 California farmers have to bring in domesticated bees to pollinate their orchards. the problem here is orchards are so big in the USA and bees, wild or domestic, only pollinate one type of plant at a time. that there is no way wild honey bees could pollinate an orchard let alone thousands of them.

2 the wild honeybee in the USA isn't dieing from pollution but from a mite. the fed. government has been trying to stop it but it is failing.

3 since the wild honeybee is not native to north America the Greenies should be happy that they are dieing off.

I know plenty on stats thank you. Your choice to not look into the papers I have posted, I'll leave it at that.

I looked at them this afternoon, I still have many reservations but it seems that I must just take their words for it like you do.

This thread and the whole AGW debate will be completely useless once the Copenhagen Treaty is signed by Obama in december in Denmark.

There will be no debate, no ballot boxes, nothing.

yes you are. your accepted data is not our accepted data.

there is more going on than just human activity. like i said before the world is heating up, that is normal for the planet. climate is changing that is again true. the question again is how much is man affecting it. according to you and your data it is all man and no nature. so when i bring in the fact that we are still in an ice age and still warming up. you tell me historic climate doesn't matter. the question then is WHY doesn't it count.

at one point the whole planet was tropical. not just the equator.

it's like the greenies claim that the wild honeybee is dieing off in America due to pollution.

they make this claim because

1 California farmers have to bring in domesticated bees to pollinate their orchards. the problem here is orchards are so big in the USA and bees, wild or domestic, only pollinate one type of plant at a time. that there is no way wild honey bees could pollinate an orchard let alone thousands of them.

2 the wild honeybee in the USA isn't dieing from pollution but from a mite. the fed. government has been trying to stop it but it is failing.

3 since the wild honeybee is not native to north America the Greenies should be happy that they are dieing off.

Yeah, it might not be by you, but you don't understand it or understand the science involved in it. Nor do the papers say none of it is natural.

Paleoclimate can not be used just as a direct comparison to our, the location of continents and the currents where totally different. Importantly the location of the south was not in the middle of Antarctica.

I looked at them this afternoon, I still have many reservations but it seems that I must just take their words for it like you do.

Well we could ask everyone for their raw data, but it'd mean we'd probably get very little done in the long run.

Edited by Mattshark

Well we could ask everyone for their raw data, but it'd mean we'd probably get very little done in the long run.

The people who do get things done do see the raw data, do validate results and if mistakes are found to have been made point them out and correct them. If not they confirm them and the field progresses

Edited by Moon Monkey

You really are a pretentious little character.

yup he really is.

Consider that confirmed and verified.

yup he really is.

Consider that confirmed and verified.

We have seen the raw data and the results are correct.

Edited by Moon Monkey

We have seen the raw data and the results are correct.

:lol:

I've e mailed the IPCC the link to this thread, i've told them mattshark and SLQ have done what all the experts have so far failed to do, they have finally put together through numerous wikipedia and Scientific journal links have beyond doubt, the proof man made CO2 is indeed responsible for climate change. its a shame Obama has already won the nobel peace prize. but i'll see what i can do, might be able to get the pair of ya a blue peter badge.

Edited by stevewinn

I've e mailed the IPCC the link to this thread, i've told them mattshark and SLQ have done what all the experts have so far failed to do, they have finally put together through numerous wikipedia and Scientific journals links have beyond doubt, the proof man made CO2 is indeed responsible to climate change. its a shame Obama has already won the nobel peace prize. but i'll see what i can do, might be able to get the pair of ya a blue peter badge.

:D:w00t::lol:

and a chocolate watch.

exactly. when they realised calling it Global warming wouldn't sell very well and would come and bite them on the buttocks,

They knew people would start asking the questions that are difficult to answer. such has why has china had its coldest winter for a hundred years etc....

Next they'll be calling it regional warming. the cracks are starting to appear and the wheels are starting to wobble.

what a bloody sham the whole thing has become.

Ah, the whole thing encasulated rather precisely!

:tu:

This thread and the whole AGW debate will be completely useless once the Copenhagen Treaty is signed by Obama in december in Denmark.

There will be no debate, no ballot boxes, nothing.

Ahhhh yes... FINALLY... politics triumphs over the Scientific Method.

FAR neater. FAR more sensible. Now perhaps we can actually BURN some of the dissenting voices rather than have to respond to their carping ? We can march hand-in-carbon-neutral-hand into the future, as the temperatures plumet and the ice advances, warm in the knowledge that Political Science has prevented Global warming Climate Change.

Well DONE everybody. And Gawd bless the IPCC for their Appendix A which ensures Scientific Accuracy

Meow Purr.

Ahhhh yes... FINALLY... politics triumphs over the Scientific Method.

FAR neater. FAR more sensible. Now perhaps we can actually BURN some of the dissenting voices rather than have to respond to their carping ? We can march hand-in-carbon-neutral-hand into the future, as the temperatures plumet and the ice advances, warm in the knowledge that Political Science has prevented Global warming Climate Change.

Well DONE everybody. And Gawd bless the IPCC for their Appendix A which ensures Scientific Accuracy

Meow Purr.

The American Liberty Publishers, you mean you also buy when they tell you that smoking is good for you?

The American Liberty Publishers, you mean you also buy when they tell you that smoking is good for you?

although smoking is bad for you the left wants you to keep smoking because of all the taxes they have imposhed on taxes to help pay for healthcare.

although smoking is bad for you the left wants you to keep smoking because of all the taxes they have imposhed on taxes to help pay for healthcare.

I believe that was not the question, but thank you for your answer.

Yeah, it might not be by you, but you don't understand it or understand the science involved in it. Nor do the papers say none of it is natural.

Paleoclimate can not be used just as a direct comparison to our, the location of continents and the currents where totally different. Importantly the location of the south was not in the middle of Antarctica.

i didn't know that the land masses had changed that much in 100,000 years or so. that is when the ice ages started.

i know that in the last 10,000 years the land masses hadn't moved that much. they move about 1/4 inch a year. let's see that ould be 2500 inches total. which is a little over 100 feet. which isn't even a mile.

so no the world hasn't changed so much since the ice ages began. and since we are still warming up from the last one. i would assume that the planet is still trying to get back to normal.

The global climate models used are absolutely useless, unless someone can show me otherwise, thats why no-one has a clue. I am not dismissing science, I am querying results. The media link is a report from a speech given by a minister to the House of Lords...whats to query there scientifically ? What 'unjustified correlation' are you on about ? Is your debating tactic simply to drive the other person crazy ?

I guess the models, "they" present are persuasive enough for their own thinking level - please do not provoke them to eliminate anyone who thinks differently from them. The person you are arguing against is religiously loyal to the idea that the top product of Science is a Theory, based on a statistical model, be it even of an unknown origin. You saw the chart? Go, get your shovel and work!

Any advanced scientifically thinking individual must be able to see the entire insanity of the situation, as it is Human Greed which at the moment enforces the discussed parascientific model, not a scientific progress in any form. But from the mundane level of just a "discussion" one still must remember, that it is the claimant, who bears the burden of a proof, not the opponents who need to prove the opposite. Their own graphs debunk the heresy they are promoting!

Any advanced scientifically thinking individual must be able to see the entire insanity of the situation, as it is Human Greed which at the moment enforces the discussed parascientific model, not a scientific progress in any form. But from the mundane level of just a "discussion" one still must remember, that it is the claimant, who bears the burden of a proof, not the opponents who need to prove the opposite. Their own graphs debunk the heresy they are promoting!

I think this is a pretty good summary of the present situation as well!

I've e mailed the IPCC the link to this thread, i've told them mattshark and SLQ have done what all the experts have so far failed to do, they have finally put together through numerous wikipedia and Scientific journal links have beyond doubt, the proof man made CO2 is indeed responsible for climate change. its a shame Obama has already won the nobel peace prize. but i'll see what i can do, might be able to get the pair of ya a blue peter badge.

Did I say that? Really or am I just going on evidence which you ignore?

in related news:

Global Surface Temperature Was Second Warmest For September

ScienceDaily (Oct. 18, 2009) — The combined global land and ocean surface temperature was the second warmest September on record, according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. Based on records going back to 1880, the monthly National Climatic Data Center analysis is part of the suite of climate services NOAA provides.

NCDC scientists also reported that the average land surface temperature for September was the second warmest on record, behind 2005. Additionally, the global ocean surface temperature was tied for the fifth warmest on record for September.

Read more ...

*removed* Please read the Terms of Service or Rules again acidhead.

Edited by Kismit

*Removed*

Bring us some hard data to show the contrary.

Edited by Kismit