Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 8, has 'sex change'

Still Waters

Okay. I didn't mean anything by my comments about the "a gay" thing. I took it wrong, I guess, but it's annoying to hear people refer to US gays(I AM gay) with an "a" in front of it, or just going "What's up gays" or something like that. It HAPPENS, and it's pretty annoying considering we're people, too.

And to the people who are saying that people who are transgendered are sexist or are selfish or something along the lines of why they can't just be happy being in the body they have, you'll NEVER understand what being born in the wrong body is like.

Granted you are gay...and granted you like to be seen as a normal person, and IMO you are a normal person

Let me ask you this though... as you feel it is your right to be treated like any other person..as an equal...then do you think it's ok for transsexuals to be looked at as freaks of nature? <- a question in general on transsexuals

I personally do not have a problem with transsexuals or gays for that matter, I understand that being gay is not the same as you explained previously

I don't think I have met anyone that has had a sex change, and on the off chance I have met one or two, I was none the wiser

I am not going to pretend I am some expert and I know what its like to be a transsexual person...just in the same way I am not going to pretend to know what it's like to be gay, as I am no idiot

In ref to this topic...I may not have problems with people having sex changes..but I do have a problem with this case of the 8 yr old boy, I think it should be left to see if he feels the same when he gets older. I know that those that make the choice to have the operation...then they have their own reasons and who am I to judge?

Only reasons why I don't hold anything against them, is because transsexual do NOT harm society

Not like the problem I have with your average sickos IE the paedophile ...then I have a problem, for they do harm society...

Saying A Gay is not offensive ...I have gay cousins and they have no problem with anyone using the letter A infront of gay...the letter A is not offensive...

I am a heterosexual... if you ref to me as a straight or hetro..It wouldn't bother me..for you are not using any abusive names

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• MissMelsWell

• Helen of Annoy

• Deceiver

Do you know anyone that's undergone gender reassignment surgery? Know them well? I dont' think you have much idea of how profoundly and positively it changes their lives. I really don't. I know three people who have undergone this incredibly DIFFICULT decision. They are new people, happy people, and live their lives in the relationships they want and need. Don't we all deserve to have that opportunity? I think we do.

Their bodies are their own, they are adults, and if they feel that taking on this decision will improve their lives, then they should have the right to do that. Luckily, they DO have that right. I'm grateful they do.

The person who decides to have gender reassignment surgery has NOTHING to do with kids in Africa dying. (nevermind that one person I know who did undergo reassignment is probably one of the MOST charitable people I know... probably more charitable than YOU are.)

So many people have alerted their bodies to make themselves look different

Even people like IE – the late Micheal Jackson..he went OTT and was once a black man and turned white...

I think its human nature to hate something about your body...not saying everyone hates their bodies LOL..but many do, and many do in fact go all out to change a lot with their faces and bodies, and yet who looks down their nostrils at them?

Anyhoo you have once again raised some good points MW..well said

If Becky said to me she was a boy and wanted to be a boy and she behaved like a boy..I still would tell her, NO...I’d make her wait many years later lol but see hasn’t said it and doesn’t act it so meh!!

Do you know anyone that's undergone gender reassignment surgery? Know them well? I dont' think you have much idea of how profoundly and positively it changes their lives. I really don't. I know three people who have undergone this incredibly DIFFICULT decision. They are new people, happy people, and live their lives in the relationships they want and need. Don't we all deserve to have that opportunity? I think we do.

Their bodies are their own, they are adults, and if they feel that taking on this decision will improve their lives, then they should have the right to do that. Luckily, they DO have that right. I'm grateful they do.

The person who decides to have gender reassignment surgery has NOTHING to do with kids in Africa dying. (nevermind that one person I know who did undergo reassignment is probably one of the MOST charitable people I know... probably more charitable than YOU are.)

Yes, I noticed that hint in your reply to grither’s post :yes: and thank you for your patience. The rest of my post is still the way I normally talk, because it reflects the way I think. But I do apologize in advance.

So, I pity the people whose satisfaction in this life depends on their sexuality. I despise the society that supports that kind of world-view that is inseparable of the consumer mentality which destroys the planet for the sake of extreme decadence. Does that clarify the connection with the starving?

I believe those three are great personalities and customers, and I believe that when they satisfy their whims they never think it has anything to do with losers that were not born in that exclusive bubble where you can buy new yourself, because you are not-quite-happy with that what you’ve been given. Arrogance, at its best, according to my humble opinion.

Since you know them, you might now about their charities, and since you don’t know me, or the world outside that bubble, the world that I come from, you have no moral right to judge the quality of my charity. I could also talk a lot about the charity and ‘charity’ that came here during 90s but I won’t, out of respect for people who really did send useful and non-poisonous stuff.

And isn’t it unusual that you know not one, but three trangendered persons that went through ‘change’? Forgive me, but I just have to ask – what kind of water are you drinking there?

There’s a real hermaphrodite in my area, that decided to keep the female parts, but her case is something absolutely, completely different, because she was deciding between options that she naturally had and it actually helped her body out of hormonal confusion. The forced gender ‘change’ is serious, systematic attack on organism, isn’t that obvious?

Hypocrisy, pride and commercials aside, what do you, people who read this thread, think – if a child decides he (or she) feels like a fish trapped inside human body, is it morally and biologically acceptable to start series of surgeries and therapies to make their body more fish-like? You know, starting with flippers and gradually progressing to gills and so on...

There’s also an extremely rare and extremely creepy disorder, where people feel that one of their limbs is an enemy and should be removed. There are also people whose sexual fetish is amputation. Should they be encouraged to chop off any of their healthy limbs?

Why not, since the Hippocratic oath is a thing of the past and, apparently do what you will is the whole of the law. *giggles and cries at the same time*

And Beckys_Mom:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with that. That's why I said the parents of this child are idiots. It's just completely irresponsible to let the boy have a "gender-swap" at that age... I also didn't think I said anything offensive, but people are very hostile so yeah. tongue.gif

Also I'm not english and my english is pretty horrible so sorry if it's not so understandable..

Would you look down on me if I had me a face lift (plastic surgery) to make myself look like some movie star AND I changed certian things with my body, because I was not happy with how I looked? would you have a problem with that?

PS I dont have a problem with how I look...but I am just asking hypothetically

But will you ever understand that your sexual preferences are not the most important thing in this crappy world? You’re gay, fine, I’m straight, can I has a parade? Aren’t we above this already?

"Can I has a parade?"

I don't really think that was necessary. You don't know me, and if you did, you'd know that I am pretty against Gay Pride parades. They don't do ANYTHING! It's just an excuse to prance up and down the streets being as flamboyant and naked as possible.

Granted, I've never been to one, but from what I HAVE seen, this isn't the kind of behavior that will make ANYONE accept us better.

Also, Helen, I wasn't talking directly to YOU. Don't be so selfish as to think that, please. There was at least one other person, if I remember right, who was against it.

And I'm sorry if I've said anything that offended anyone else or something like that. I don't really care.

Saying – A Gay is not offensive ...I have gay cousins and they have no problem with anyone using the letter A infront of gay...the letter A is not offensive...

I am a heterosexual... if you ref to me as a straight or hetro..It wouldn't bother me..for you are not using any abusive names

To me, it's quite offensive, considering I've never ONCE heard someone go "I saw a straight today". Just because we happen to be gay doesn't give anyone the right to call us "a gay" or "the gays" or something. Us being gay is pretty much secondary to everything else, just as anyone being straight is secondary to them. We're all human beings first, and want to be respected as such.

Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm actually for the child getting the change at such a young age, I'M NOT. I've stated it before.

Since you know them, you might now about their charities, and since you don't know me, or the world outside that bubble, the world that I come from, you have no moral right to judge the quality of my charity.

You're right Helen, no one has a right to toss judgement on you... but arent we all sitting here on our backsides tossing judgement around about the kids parents?

Everyone passes judgement whether they know the person or persons .or not.. it happens

"To me, it's quite offensive, considering I've never ONCE heard someone go "I saw a straight today". Just because we happen to be gay doesn't give anyone the right to call us "a gay" or "the gays" or something. Us being gay is pretty much secondary to everything else, just as anyone being straight is secondary to them. We're all human beings first, and want to be respected as such.

If you think the letter A before gay is offensive, then you are too easily offended...you let somehting so small get to you..

ANd who goes around going - I saw a gay today? LOL come on thats not how it goes

Reason why people do not go around saying - I saw a straight today, is because straights are accepted..always have been, you know it, I know it...gays havent, they have a hard time trying to get accepted

If I were gay and wanted respect and to be accepted, I wouldnt spend my time moaning over simple terms used ...for that only adds more agro to the situation

As for the term - A Gay <---I gather you don't watch Little Britain...Matt Lucas who is gay in real life, take the mickey clean out of his own kind of people and his catch phrase is - I am a gay you see...Im the only gay in the village LOL... NO ONE bashes him absolutely no one I know bashes him...WHY? because he doesnt yap or complian over stupid silly words used

Edited by Beckys_Mom

yea the last one i heard about was on the freeway a after his surgery topless protesting the fact that women couldn't go topless. if he wanted to go topless maybe he should have stayed the way he was built.

Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm actually for the child getting the change at such a young age, I'M NOT. I've stated it before.

About the question I put forward to you previously, that you left out...can you please take another look...

Let me ask you this though... as you feel it is your right to be treated like any other person..as an equal...then do you think it's ok for transsexuals to be looked at as freaks of nature? <- a question in general on transsexuals

"Can I has a parade?"

I don't really think that was necessary. You don't know me, and if you did, you'd know that I am pretty against Gay Pride parades. They don't do ANYTHING! It's just an excuse to prance up and down the streets being as flamboyant and naked as possible.

Granted, I've never been to one, but from what I HAVE seen, this isn't the kind of behavior that will make ANYONE accept us better.

Also, Helen, I wasn't talking directly to YOU. Don't be so selfish as to think that, please. There was at least one other person, if I remember right, who was against it.

And I'm sorry if I've said anything that offended anyone else or something like that. I don't really care.

To me, it's quite offensive, considering I've never ONCE heard someone go "I saw a straight today". Just because we happen to be gay doesn't give anyone the right to call us "a gay" or "the gays" or something. Us being gay is pretty much secondary to everything else, just as anyone being straight is secondary to them. We're all human beings first, and want to be respected as such.

Oh, yes, it’s necessary. It’s the way I talk and, consequentially, write. You don’t want to be discriminated against on the basis of your sexual taste, I don’t want to be discriminated against on the basis of my taste in humour.

Well, address us all then. I’m not selfish, the more the merrier.

‘I don’t really care’ is perfect addendum :lol:

Well, if you are sorry then I’m sorry too if I offended you. I do care.

If you think the letter A before gay is offensive, then you are too easily offended...you let somehting so small get to you..

ANd who goes around going - I saw a gay today? LOL come on thats not how it goes

Reason why people do not go around saying - I saw a straight today, is because straights are accepted..always have been, you know it, I know it...gays havent, they have a hard time trying to get accepted

If I were gay and wanted respect and to be accepted, I wouldnt spend my time moaning over simple terms used ...for that only adds more agro to the situation

As for the term - A Gay <---I gather you don't watch Little Britain...Matt Lucas who is gay in real life, take the mickey clean out of his own kind of people and his catch phrase is - I am a gay you see...Im the only gay in the village LOL... NO ONE bashes him absolutely no one I know bashes him...WHY? because he doesnt yap or complian over stupid silly words used

haven't you been paying attention. it is ok for someone in a specific group to use terms that they don't want anyone outside of said group to use for some dumb reason.

You're right Helen, no one has a right to toss judgement on you... but arent we all sitting here on our backsides tossing judgement around about the kids parents?

Everyone passes judgement whether they know the person or persons .or not.. it happens

Yes, we are.

But in my case, and I believe I’m not alone, we are so judgemental because it’s the kid... let him grow up... let him dress the way he wants, let him grow up to be whatever he wants, just, for god’s sake, let him grow up on a playground not in the hospital, since there’s nothing wrong with him...

I know you agree on this and it’s all that matters speaking on topic. But the off topic was interesting too :w00t:

haven't you been paying attention. it is ok for someone in a specific group to use terms that they don't want anyone outside of said group to use for some dumb reason.

w00t.gif

Yes, we are.

But in my case, and I believe I'm not alone, we are so judgemental because it's the kid... let him grow up... let him dress the way he wants, let him grow up to be whatever he wants, just, for god's sake, let him grow up on a playground not in the hospital, since there's nothing wrong with him...

I know you agree on this and it's all that matters speaking on topic. But the off topic was interesting too w00t.gif

I LOVE your humour, always have...thats what makes it harder for me to have a go at your posts when it comes to something like this, because I like your humour and style in other topics..you make me laugh and you are not afraid to let it all out

anyhoo..yeaa the boy should be allowed to grow up.........something tells me his dad was not in favour of this..

Let me see if I can address some of this in a way that makes sense...

<BR>Yes, I noticed that hint in your reply to grither's post thank you for your patience. The rest of my post is still the way I normally talk, because it reflects the way I think. But I do apologize in advance.<BR><BR>So, I pity the people whose satisfaction in this life depends on their sexuality. I despise the society that supports that kind of world-view that is inseparable of the consumer mentality which destroys the planet for the sake of extreme decadence. Does that clarify the connection with the starving?

Ok, first point... there is a GIANT difference between sexuality and gender idenification. The men I know who have suffered from this condition explain that it goes well beyond sexuality, and in fact sexuality is very secondary. It is more about not being, feeling, liking, understanding, or identifying with anything about themselves. They are strangers in their own bodies. It goes WELL beyond their genitalia and sex. It's about WHO they are in their brains and feel and in fact know their bodies don't match their brains. I think it's also a fairly rare condition. I think sometimes people fail to see the difference between the person that crossdresses as a sexual fetish and those that are truly prisoners of their minds and bodies.

I believe those three are great personalities and customers, and I believe that when they satisfy their whims they never think it has anything to do with losers that were not born in that exclusive bubble where you can buy new yourself, because you are not-quite-happy with that what you've been given. Arrogance, at its best, according to my humble opinion.

Being intrasexual and choosing gender reassignment surgery is NOT something someone chooses to do on a whim like facelift or a boob job. most people who are truly intrasexual lose everything in the process and at least in the USA they have to go through years of psychological assessment and observation before the surgery can even be performed. I have to believe that someone willing to risk losing their family, friends, support of their community and endure years of scrutiny by medicos aren't doing it for attention, a whim or because they just "feel like it" ... good lord, it's a enormous commitment and not easy! It's not about being "not quite happy" but it's about being devistated and unable to function as a normal person without it.

And isn't it unusual that you know not one, but three trangendered persons that went through 'change'? Forgive me, but I just have to ask – what kind of water are you drinking there?

Well, we do have plenty of water here.. I live in Seattle in the northwestern corner of the United States (near Alaska). Seattle has always been known for it's large alternative lifestyle communities. We're an uber liberal city that welcomes people with a variety of lifestyles and differences. Two of the women I know well, who used to be men, I worked with at Microsoft (one is German, the other.. I have no idea where she hails from actually), the third, is a neighbor of my boyfriend's. My bf lives in a very funky/chic part of downtown Seattle that's know for it's rather interesting and eclectic range of people and lifestyles (much like say Soho in NYC)

There's a real hermaphrodite in my area, that decided to keep the female parts, but her case is something absolutely, completely different, because she was deciding between options that she naturally had and it actually helped her body out of hormonal confusion. The forced gender 'change' is  serious, systematic attack on organism, isn't that obvious?

Are you sure about that? As I understand it... there has never been a confirmed case of any human being born as a true Hermaphrodite. Not sporting BOTH sex's genitalia. There are those that are born with ambigous genitalia, and instances of malformed genitalia, but never truly both. If there's someone in your town that was really a true hermaphrodite, that would be a first.

Hypocrisy, pride and commercials aside, what do you, people who read this thread, think – if a child decides he (or she) feels like a fish trapped inside human body, is it morally and biologically acceptable to start series of surgeries and therapies to make their body more fish-like?

That's not a great analogy though... no one has ever really been born with that kind of condition... Are there those that identify with say animals and want to look like them? Yes, of course there are... that's a fetish. A woman wanting to look like a barbie doll is a fetish. In the case of an intrasexual person it's NOT a fetish. it's something chemical, emotional, cerebral, and the crappy part about it is that we don't know exactly what causes it! other than to know taht it's real and it's not like an 8 year old wanting to be a fish. Intrasexual people are not gay (generally), they don't have a fetish, they aren't mentally ill, what they experience is mental, physical and emotional.

There are also people whose sexual fetish is amputation. Should they be encouraged to chop off any of their healthy limbs? Why not, since the Hippocratic oath is a thing of the past and, apparently do what you will is the whole of the law. *giggles and cries at the same time*

Again, that's a fetish (or perhaps a mental disorder), NOT a sexual identity problem. Not the same thing.

Do you also think those that are homosexual have a "fetish?" or in your opinion, are they mentally ill or something else? I have to ask. Being intrasexual is a lot like being homosexual, but in a different way. It's hardwired.

Sorry, dont' know what happened there. I didn't finish my first post ... and it somehow posted anyway.

Would you look down on me if I had me a face lift (plastic surgery) to make myself look like some movie star AND I changed certian things with my body, because I was not happy with how I looked? would you have a problem with that?

PS I dont have a problem with how I look...but I am just asking hypothetically

Plastic surgery and changing gender are two completely different things. Obvious reasons, I'm not going to go in into detail about this. You'd still be a female, etc.

And transgenders are freaks of nature. There's nothing natural about it. It's a mental illness. Lets keep supporting this madness. Where children have gender-swaps at the age of 8. Who knows in the future half our species will be full of these unnatural sex changed freaks. Dear God it just keeps getting worse with our little species doesn't it? But you know what? I just rememberd I never felt like a human...I feel like I'm a lion. I'm really suffering from this! I just hope that my transspecies operation can begin soon.

Edited by Deceiver

Yes, we are.

But in my case, and I believe I'm not alone, we are so judgemental because it's the kid... let him grow up... let him dress the way he wants, let him grow up to be whatever he wants, just, for god's sake, let him grow up on a playground not in the hospital, since there's nothing wrong with him...

I know you agree on this and it's all that matters speaking on topic. But the off topic was interesting too w00t.gif

Please understand, I am in agreement that this child needs to wait until she's of age (18) before ANY medical procedures are done to her. If this child is truly intrasexual, and it sounds like she might be just that, then what a blessing for her to have parents that support her. I just think they're making the wrong decision to start therapies at such a tender and volitile age.

Plastic surgery and changing gender are two completely different things. Obvious reasons, I'm not going to go in into detail about this. You'd still be a female, etc.

Having plastic surgery is STILL changing YOURSELF... looking completly different...in many cases unreconizable.... not mucch differnt from those with the sex change..

And transgenders are freaks of nature. There's nothing natural about it. It's a mental illness.

Explain to me WHY anyone with a mental illness is seen as a freak of nature?

ALSO

Explain WHY a choice to change your appearence means you have a mental illness......ohh please do explain this one...whether you totally change the way you look by having your private parts changed and anyone that also messes with their private parts to change all and makes themselves look totally different...I want to know why you would call this a mental illness....I am sure a few reading would wanna know also

ill be coming back to see this one for I have never heard of such a statement used before...

**oo oooo oo** I've had plastic surgery! Ok, it wasn't something I wanted, but it had to be done. I was mugged and a mugger rearranged my nose and crushed my sinuses. The had to do some repair work. After the surgery as complete, my nose was still off kilter. They wanted to go back in and fix it all better, but I declined.. .mostly because I'm chicken-yaknow and didn't want to go through all that pain again.

That being said... I have a friend who was just fine the way she looked and it was her lifelong dream to have a boob job. Ok, she was a 34C.. which is a good size already, she went up to something ridiculous like an E. SHE looks like a freak now in my opinion. Her problem though is a SERIOUS lack of self esteem coupled with massive narcissism. This is the girl that spends WAY too much time taking digital pictures of herself. That's a mental disorder.

I have another friend that also had a boob job. She nursed her 5 sons, and after all was said and done... she had the chest of a boy. It made her feel as though clothes no longer looked good on her, made her feel less "female" so she did have implants to take her back up to the size she was before she became a milk cow. I can understand this kind of feeling. She's happier and more confident knownig she can go buy a blouse and it FITS her.

There are a lot of things that go into plastic surgery and why people have have it done. Sometimes it's ok, other times there's just something not right going on in that persons head.

Lets keep supporting this madness. Where children have gender-swaps at the age of 8.

Who has supported the kid having this done? who here has agreed its right?

I havent read a post where any one of us thinks its right..we all said its right to at least let the kid grow up and then decide

Below isnt aimed at anyone here but............

If I were to be placed in a room with two strangers.......

ONE - a transexual..thats doesnt offend me or make me feel comfortable

TWO - with someone that is arrogant, holds harsh opinions

no prizes guessing who I would feel more comfort with

A sex change can be fixed - reversed.......science can work wonders..............but science cannot do diddly with ignorance and sheer arrogance..there isnt even a vacine for it...

Having plastic surgery is STILL changing YOURSELF... looking completly different...in many cases unreconizable.... not mucch differnt from those with the sex change..

Again: plastic sugergy and changing gender is totally different. Becoming a male to female (or the other way around) is a very big change instead of being a female to a more "attractive" female.
Explain to me WHY anyone with a mental illness is seen as a freak of nature?

If a serial killer has a mental illness and has fantasies about killing people...Would you call that normal aswell?

ALSO

Explain WHY a choice to change your appearence means you have a mental illness......ohh please do explain this one...whether you totally change the way you look by having your private parts changed and anyone that also messes with their private parts to change all and makes themselves look totally different...I want to know why you would call this a mental illness....I am sure a few reading would wanna know also

Because a male thinking he is a female (or the other way around) is NOT normal. No matter what you say. You can't be born into a "wrong" body...No such thing. If your body is healthy than there is no such thing as a "wrong" one.

I at the age of 10 was diagnosed as a transspecies. I told the doctor I was a lion. He told me "son there's nothing wrong with wanting to change your appearence" He injected me with a few lion hormones, he gave me a pat on the back and send me on my way. Everyone told me I was a freak, but thanks to you I realise I'm a normal person!

Below isnt aimed at anyone here but............

If I were to be placed in a room with two strangers.......

ONE - a transexual..thats doesnt offend me or make me feel comfortable

TWO - with someone that is arrogant, holds harsh opinions

no prizes guessing who I would feel more comfort with

No offence but if I was placed in a locked room with a transexual I would be freaked out. Usually these people suffer from serious mental problems. Also I forgot to mention I'm not saying plastic surgery is ok. I feel like these people should learn acceptance. Just accept yourself. But it is less worse than sex changes and gender-swaps.

Edited by Deceiver

Again: plastic sugergy and changing gender is totally different. Becoming a male to female (or the other way around) is a very big change instead of being a female to a more "attractive" female.

I disagree..there is hardly much of a difference..especially when both change their appearence..

Because a male thinking he is a female (or the other way around) is NOT normal. No matter what you say. You can't be born into a "wrong" body...No such thing. If your body is healthy than there is no such thing as a "wrong" one.

Are you a doctor? a therapist? for you are acting like you know exactly how this all works and the human mind and body...its like you think you have it nailed...

Define normal if you please

Is it normal for anyone to wanna change the way they look? IF not, then why the heck is it common?

Is it normal for anyone to show arrogance?

Is it normal to even show hate?

Is it normal to let everyone see ignorance?

See each living person has an idea on what normal is

I say what you feel from within yourself is normal, then its NORMAL FOR YOU and only you..

If a serial killer has a mental illness and has fantasies about killing people...Would you call that normal aswell?

So those that do suffer bad with mental illness..that cant help it..regardless they are all freaks of nature as far as you are concerned....

I have suffered with depression in the past...it was treated like a mental illness and I’ll tel you something sunshine...its not easy trying to deal with a mental illness..I am lucky I got past it

You are SO wrong to class having an operation to change the way you are as a mental illness...so WRONG

. I feel like these people should learn acceptance.

LMAO sorry I nearly burst a rib laughing at this part...something a bit...ironic and yet weird coming from someone who totally doesnt accept others for their choices in life w00t.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom