Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Add Background Music to "Acapella" Lyrics?

Paranormalcy

Basically I have a couple of wavs or mp3s (I can convert between them) that have just someone singing some lyrics. There are some sound artifacts (pops, being too close to the mic, etc) but overall they're not bad files, but there is no music. I was trying to figure out a way to get some sort of background music, at least a beat or click track or something, but real background music would be great, to sort of make it sound like an actual song.

Although I have a lot of groups and songs I like, I know NOTHING about music or music editing, and am probably not a good judge as far as WHAT type or style of music would suit these lyrics. Does anyone have any suggestions for FREE background music programs or something? Though I wouldn't be very good at matching up the breaks and such with the lyrics. Well heck, is anyone interested, if you're really bored, in adding background music to some lyrics? I'm making it/them for my own little dotcom, just as part of a spoof part of the site, about a fictitious band but this editing stuff is really beyond me - I can click record and stop and maybe change pitch a bit, but track mixing and that sort of thing is just beyond my ken.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the Ballad of the Camel Spider, by the Aforementioned Wiener - although I ask that you not use it for your own, if you DO edit and/or use it on some other site, I would greatly appreciate a note of credit to myself and my site:

The Aforementioned Wiener - The Ballad of the Camel Spider

Thanks for your time. -JP

Edited by jpatt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyThorley

• Paranormalcy

• Mentalcase

• Agent_21

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend Goldwave to do it.

What kind of backing track were you looking for?

I'll overlay whatever I have. I'm sure I've got a little of everything...

Making Waves I like. You may be able to track down a demo and see what you think.

Do a search on loops or samples. There are many sites where you could download a couple of percussion/rhythm loops at various bpm, if that's all you need, or more if you want.

Looking for any kind of a backing really, just *something* to make it sound like a song. Something uptempo but fairly soft, something fit for a comedy song. I really know nothing about music (okay start arguing with me heh) so I honestly don't have the ability to gauge a good bit of background music for the vocals, either for the tempo or the 'appropriateness' - as has been mentioned, its hard to match a tempo or beat to it, since the tempo and pitch is inconsistent, partially because it wasn't recorded all at once - so that puts it a bit beyond my pitiful mixing skills.

You can go to www.Downloads.com and find freeware music programs.

Fruityloops is an easy one, but it is only samples and loops, but effective if done right.

MIDI software seems to work good if you know how to layer notes and create chords digitally etc. Those are usually very userfriendly.

Anvilstudio is a good MIDI program. You have to be creative to get the right sounds, but with persistence you will get a great sound. Although the quality is nowhere near as good as actual instrument samples or loops.

Or record yourself playing an instrument.

Edited by Mentalcase

Actually, for overlapping this with music, I wouldnt recommend MIDI packages.

But thats cause I don't like the sound of them and dont think theyre very versatile tongue.gif