Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pin Wheel Debate

CheetoMan2009

The Famous Pin Wheel, and a real "logical" debate.

The offered theories on what causes the pin wheel are thermodynamics(Heat), Air currents, steam and static. One by one i will debunk all 4 of these explanations. All experiments i did myself, i did not just sit hear and debate it in my head. I will debunk all of these theories using logic and intelligence. If you feel there is something i'm over or under looking feel free to debate it. I'm not a scientist, but i do love science and have studied alot on my free time, so my learning has been gaped up, as in not going into too deep of detail as in science you tend to easily go very deep. I'm also not saying that the pin-wheel is a sign of PK, i'm just saying it appears to me that way, if what i have seen can be logically explained then the information will only enlighten me, but it must be a logical argument.

Read real well, i'm not the best at explaing things clearly.

Thermodynamics(Heat) - When you try to move the pin-wheel by what ever means you want to call it, as you notice the pin-wheel spins. What does heat do in cooler air? It rises! It does not spin, now i could understand it working if you turned your pin-wheel into a little fan pointing upwards, so as the heat rises and pushies up on the fan blades and cause it to spin, but in the typical pin-wheel its just a pyramid, in which heat would roll around all sides, slightly lifting but not spinning. I put a lighter near a pin-wheel with the heat directed underneath, no movement at all, you can even set it on fire and it does not move. Heat rises, it does not spin.

Air Currents - This is a sad explanation, i would think if you where to attempt to move the P-wheel by mind you would be very aware of air current. Which is not hard to defeat, true air current with a human body present is unremovable, but can be cut to a minimal so there's not really enough to move the wheel. As you can observe in a small room like a bathroom with ac off and vents coverd. You can easily notice that the pin-wheel does not just spin around constantly, in my case it didn't spin at all until i attempted to make it spin, which i am intellegent, so i checked for that, as in watch it for 5 min. without trying to move it and see it do nothing at all. But when i try to move it, it not only moves, but can easily be brought to a fast past, even faster then the videos i watched of the cup of steaming hot water beside the p-wheel.

Steam - It is well known steam can move objects, hence the steam engine. But as everyone knows, it only works when you have enough steam. I tried all the tricks, cold room and rub hands to get them nice and hot so the max amount of steam would be present, i put my hands around the wheel but did not attempt to move it, (on more than one occasion), the wheel did not move. So i tried to move it, and maybe see if the steam from my hands would help increase the rate at wich it spun, but it did not. One tricky thing that becam apparent to me was the pin-wheel is tricky, as in you expecting it to move causes it to move. So if your sitting there thinking, ow, i know its going to move when i put my hot steaming hands near it because thats what moves it, not PK. Then what are you doing? Expecting it to move. I proved that to myself and was aware of that in my tests. So i learned to clear my mind as i tried to debunk the pin-wheel. The main thing though is the videos of the steam cup, no need to attempt that one, i could see it fine. But the problem with that is as stated before, simply to much steam comming off that cup, like it was burning, and to be honest i got it to spin faster than that with my hands spread 6 inches from the side of the wheel. I never saw any vissible steam comming of my hands, and yes that makes all the difference in the world, because for the steam to work there has to be enough water vapors which as seen in that video is over a hundred times what you hands are capable of producing. Maybe not quite that much, but you get the point, its way more than five times the amount, and remeber, my hands can make it spin faster than that cup of water, from a further distance aswell.

Static - This was easily debunked as well, truly not worth time. Static will pull to objects together, not spin objects. Grap a plastic wrighting pin, bics work great, rub it on your head to give it a charge and put it close to the wheel, as you see, the pin-wheel is clearly just attracted to the wheel. It does not spin it, yet you can guide it around by one tip of the wheel and moveing the pin around, but thats the only way. Now how anyone would suggest you could get the same reaction with you hand is beyound me, because i notice absolutly no static attraction between notebook paper and a human hand.

Its not that the wheel moves, all these methods can cause the wheel to move, but its how the wheel moves as in spinning, and when the wheel moves, as in when your trying to move it. I was showing my friend, who had never heard of the pin-wheel, and he was quickly skeptical until he made a request for me to make it spin the other direction, from a constant spin one direction, it only took me a few seconds(Withting 20) to get it to spin the other direction. but it slowed and stop within 2 seconds of his request, then he went from skeptical to amazed. This is the part that always got me, i have bad control, but do have control wich i've proved to myself time and time again. I've never got any better to a degree, i got a little better ant control and top speed within months but never any better after that and eventually droped it as it was a waste of time. Even if it is real, you could be looking at five years or more to move a marble on a table, what good is that? One thing is i'm not out to prove TK/PK is real, i've just debunked the debunkers is all, personally i don't know what its is, but it grabed my interest.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CheetoMan2009

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic