Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muslims group demands full Shariah law

momentarylapseofreason

No, as I said before we got the science from them and they took our (the European) fanaticism with them. We advanced and they regressed to date shakers and camel drivers.

Now we have the camel drivers demanding we go back to inquisition times.

That is ridiculous :lol:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momentarylapseofreason

• questionmark

• Bill Hill

• The Silver Thong

That is ridiculous :lol:

Find a more scathing explanation if you can!

Bubba, Arabia has been fanatic and at war since the very beginning of humanity! Islam simply united them, and instead of fighting each other, they tried to conquer the world (see Persia, North America, India, China, etc). To say they were never fanatic until the Europeans "gave" fanaticism to them is ridiculous.

To find a solution one has to find the reason for the status quo.

Now tell me why so many muslims from Pakistan and Arabia end up in UK?

Let me know what you think and we will take it from there.

Come on now Odas. I think the Muslims themselves have the answers themselves of as to why they are here in the west.

And again I ask, why are the majority of Muslims not being more vocal or fighting these militant radicals?In the 2 years I've been here not one Muslim here has answered this question. This makes us very uncomfortable and distrustful. (there are a very small minority active-but most are ex-Muslims. Why?)

I'd really like if Muslims on here would answer that burning question! It doesn't make them look very trustworthy otherwise. And the militants destroy their image!! Are they silent because they secretly agree but aren't brave enough to admit it or put themselves out there. Is this militant behaviour correct and what Allah & Muhammad condone?

Is it against Islam to disgaree with a fellow Muslim? Why aren't Muslims out there protesting against the militants! There are very many Muslims in Europe why do we not see them counter-protesting???

The only solution I see right now is to rot these superstistious beliefs completely out.Or educate, debate educate & debate but it seems we don't have enough time!! How do you fight a fire that you can't seem to put out. How do you fight superstition, ignorance,insanity and hatred when they reject everything we stand for and intellectual honesty? They are like programmed killer robots! i know they are human beings but they are not humane and reject all reason because of a couple writings/texts!

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

I know I'll probably get called a racist bigot for saying this, but even if a Muslim were to speak out against "radical Islam", we shouldn't automatically assume they're telling the truth. There's a thing called taqiyya, which means that Muslims can lie to "infidels" if it would protect Muslims or help advance Islam.

I know I'll probably get called a racist bigot for saying this, but even if a Muslim were to speak out against "radical Islam", we shouldn't automatically assume they're telling the truth. There's a thing called taqiyya, which means that Muslims can lie to "infidels" if it would protect Muslims or help advance Islam.

I read about that but don't want to believe it! I hope you are wrong!

So is that true?

If it is true then Islam derserves and earns no respect! End of story!

If it indeed were "the truth" then there would not be the need for lies! Why would one have to distort what is truth?

I can't believe people on this forum think we should resepct this.

It's not religion-it's fascism-under the guise of religion! :angry:

Could you please point me to any advancement in Science or technology between the 8th and 13th century that happened in Europe?

The expansion of Christianity due to so called science maybe or as some like to say creationism LOL Dirt=man rib=woman you know science ;)

The expansion of Christianity due to so called science maybe or as some like to say creationism LOL Dirt=man rib=woman you know science ;)

It's true that the Quran is not as silly as the Bible in it's creation story. I think they believe in evolutionary/creationsim, which is possible IMO.

It's true that the Quran is not as silly as the Bible in it's creation story. I think they believe in evolutionary/creationsim, which is possible IMO.

I personaly feel that both books have been taken out of context and are both a bunch of poo. I'm not debating how we got here(but it's plain as day) I'm talking the BS of books that should be looked at as STORIES !

I read about that but don't want to believe it! I hope you are wrong!

So is that true?

If it is true then Islam derserves and earns no respect! End of story!

If it indeed were "the truth" then there would not be the need for lies! Why would one have to distort what is truth?

I can't believe people on this forum think we should resepct this.

It's not religion-it's fascism-under the guise of religion! :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

The concept of Taqiyya is now in widespread use throughout the Western world. Some Muslim scholars, and prominent Imams are bold enough to admit that the face of Europe is changing, however this is not the case throughout the Muslim community in Europe. As the Muslim population throughout Europe continues to grow rapidly, more and more Europeans are realizing the threat of Islam and are beginning to ask questions; this is when some Muslims are using the concept of Taqiyya to defend the goals of Islam.

It's not their country. End of story.

But it's Allah's world/unverse. Therefore theirs!

Come on now Odas. I think the Muslims themselves have the answers themselves of as to why they are here in the west.

And again I ask, why are the majority of Muslims not being more vocal or fighting these militant radicals?In the 2 years I've been here not one Muslim here has answered this question. This makes us very uncomfortable and distrustful. (there are a very small minority active-but most are ex-Muslims. Why?)

I'd really like if Muslims on here would answer that burning question! It doesn't make them look very trustworthy otherwise. And the militants destroy their image!! Are they silent because they secretly agree but aren't brave enough to admit it or put themselves out there. Is this militant behaviour correct and what Allah & Muhammad condone?

Is it against Islam to disgaree with a fellow Muslim? Why aren't Muslims out there protesting against the militants! There are very many Muslims in Europe why do we not see them counter-protesting???

The only solution I see right now is to rot these superstistious beliefs completely out.Or educate, debate educate & debate but it seems we don't have enough time!! How do you fight a fire that you can't seem to put out. How do you fight superstition, ignorance,insanity and hatred when they reject everything we stand for and intellectual honesty? They are like programmed killer robots! i know they are human beings but they are not humane and reject all reason because of a couple writings/texts!

You did not answer the question, Mom..(short for your nick).Why?

It was a very simple question.

I will repeat it: Why are so many muslims in the UK anyway? How come they are there?

Just try to answer the question if you are truly in for getting a solution for the problem.

Edited by odas

ermm actually were i live there was a an issue awhile back were a bunch of Muslims forced a bunch of radicals out of a largely Muslim area, these were the same radicals that protested at the Anglian homecoming march.

infact these radicals are despised were ever they go often getting themselves hurt.

Interesting times lie ahead.

Common sense tells us that those who are really convinced and ideologically driven have a more sound possibility of coming out as winners, even if they are less in number than those that passively resist them. German soldiers showed less psychological trauma after the war than did Americans. The Germasns fought for an ideology and really thought that their homeland was over if the enemy managed to defeat them. Americans were fighting abroad and were not ideologically commited, so no real danger there.

Muslim extremists do believe they are right and that they're doing their god's work. What have you got on the opposite side? A whole generation with postcolonial guilt, brought up in relative peace with a view that you can solve problemas if you just talk about them, divided into many ideologies, not poor or in desperate circumstances that might lead them to a more active participation, etc.

A good unifier is a clear ideology. That is what needs to be paid attention to if people want to go anywhere.

Edited by Runa86

A good unifier is a clear ideology. That is what need to be paid attention to if people want to go anywhere.

Oh, but not wanting to live under a brainless gang of Quran-thumpers is quite a good ideology.

Besides, there is absolutely no data about German post-traumatic stress disorder after WWII, so I don't know how you come to the conclusion that they were less traumatized.

They had a better goal than the others...getting back to the top...but that can better be interpreted as subliming PTSD than the absence of it.

A RADICAL Muslim group sparked outrage last night as it launched a massive campaign to impose sharia law on Britain.

And here is my answer:

NO

Could you please point me to any advancement in Science or technology between the 8th and 13th century that happened in Europe?

Muslims stood on the shoulders of Greeks (Europeans) and they just managed to look over the wall on their own before islam caused it all to come tumbling down..

Notable literature of the period

Alexiad, Anna Comnena

Digenis Acritas, anonymous Greek author

Beowulf, anonymous Anglo-Saxon author

Cantigas de Santa Maria, Galician authors

Caedmon's Hymn

David of Sassoun by an anonymous Armenian author

Cato (Distichs of Cato), Dionysius Cato

The Book of the City of Ladies, Christine de Pizan

Book of the Civilized Man, Daniel of Beccles

The Book of Good Love, Juan Ruiz

The Book of Margery Kempe, Margery Kempe

Brut, Layamon

Brut, Wace

Consolation of Philosophy, Boethius

The Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer

The Cloud of Unknowing, anonymous English author

Decameron, Giovanni Boccaccio

The Dialogue, Catherine of Siena

The Diseases of Women, Trotula of Salerno

La divina commedia (The Divine Comedy), Dante Alighieri

Dukus Horant, the first extended work in Yiddish.

Elder Edda, various Icelandic authors

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, anonymous English author

Heimskringla, Snorri Sturluson

Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum ("The Ecclesiastical History of the English People"), the Venerable Bede

Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, Francesco Colonna?

The King's Mirror, anonymous Norwegian author

The Knight in the Panther Skin, Shota Rustaveli

The Lais of Marie de France, Marie de France

The Letters of Abelard and Heloise

Das fließende Licht der Gottheit, Mechthild of Magdeburg

Ludus de Antichristo, anonymous German author

Mabinogion, various Welsh authors

Metrical Dindshenchas, Irish onomastic poems

Le Morte d'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory

Nibelungenlied, anonymous German author

Njál's saga, anonymous Icelandic author

Parzival, Wolfram von Eschenbach

Piers Plowman, William Langland

Poem of the Cid, anonymous Spanish author

Proslogium, Anselm of Canterbury

Queste del Saint Graal (The Quest of the Holy Grail), anonymous French author

Revelations of Divine Love, Julian of Norwich

Roman de la Rose, Guillaume de Lorris and Jean de Meun

Scivias, Hildegard of Bingen

Sic et Non, Abelard

The Song of Roland, anonymous French author

Spiritual Exercises, Gertrude the Great

Summa Theologiae, Thomas Aquinas

Táin Bó Cúailnge, anonymous Irish author

The Tale of Igor's Campaign, anonymous Russian author

Tirant lo Blanc, Joanot Martorell

Il milione (The Travels of Marco Polo), Marco Polo

Tristan, Thomas d'Angleterre

Tristan, Béroul

Troilus and Criseyde, Geoffrey Chaucer

Waltharius

Younger Edda, Snorri Sturluson

Yvain: The Knight of the Lion, Chrétien de Troyes

Gesta Danorum, Saxo Grammaticus

it dosen't look so dark from here.

Muslims stood on the shoulders of Greeks (Europeans) and they just managed to look over the wall on their own before islam caused it all to come tumbling down..

Notable literature of the period

Alexiad, Anna Comnena

Digenis Acritas, anonymous Greek author

Beowulf, anonymous Anglo-Saxon author

Cantigas de Santa Maria, Galician authors

Caedmon's Hymn

David of Sassoun by an anonymous Armenian author

Cato (Distichs of Cato), Dionysius Cato

The Book of the City of Ladies, Christine de Pizan

Book of the Civilized Man, Daniel of Beccles

The Book of Good Love, Juan Ruiz

The Book of Margery Kempe, Margery Kempe

Brut, Layamon

Brut, Wace

Consolation of Philosophy, Boethius

The Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer

The Cloud of Unknowing, anonymous English author

Decameron, Giovanni Boccaccio

The Dialogue, Catherine of Siena

The Diseases of Women, Trotula of Salerno

La divina commedia (The Divine Comedy), Dante Alighieri

Dukus Horant, the first extended work in Yiddish.

Elder Edda, various Icelandic authors

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, anonymous English author

Heimskringla, Snorri Sturluson

Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum ("The Ecclesiastical History of the English People"), the Venerable Bede

Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, Francesco Colonna?

The King's Mirror, anonymous Norwegian author

The Knight in the Panther Skin, Shota Rustaveli

The Lais of Marie de France, Marie de France

The Letters of Abelard and Heloise

Das fließende Licht der Gottheit, Mechthild of Magdeburg

Ludus de Antichristo, anonymous German author

Mabinogion, various Welsh authors

Metrical Dindshenchas, Irish onomastic poems

Le Morte d'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory

Nibelungenlied, anonymous German author

Njál's saga, anonymous Icelandic author

Parzival, Wolfram von Eschenbach

Piers Plowman, William Langland

Poem of the Cid, anonymous Spanish author

Proslogium, Anselm of Canterbury

Queste del Saint Graal (The Quest of the Holy Grail), anonymous French author

Revelations of Divine Love, Julian of Norwich

Roman de la Rose, Guillaume de Lorris and Jean de Meun

Scivias, Hildegard of Bingen

Sic et Non, Abelard

The Song of Roland, anonymous French author

Spiritual Exercises, Gertrude the Great

Summa Theologiae, Thomas Aquinas

Táin Bó Cúailnge, anonymous Irish author

The Tale of Igor's Campaign, anonymous Russian author

Tirant lo Blanc, Joanot Martorell

Il milione (The Travels of Marco Polo), Marco Polo

Tristan, Thomas d'Angleterre

Tristan, Béroul

Troilus and Criseyde, Geoffrey Chaucer

Waltharius

Younger Edda, Snorri Sturluson

Yvain: The Knight of the Lion, Chrétien de Troyes

Gesta Danorum, Saxo Grammaticus

it dosen't look so dark from here.

Cute, just no science and technology, but they had Avicena and Gerber and The Guinness Book of World Records recognizes the University of Al Karaouine in Fez, Morocco as the oldest university in the world with its founding in 859.

Ah yes, the list of non religious literature from Muslim countries is at least as long as what you have presented.

I will repeat it: Why are so many muslims in the UK anyway? How come they are there?

Just try to answer the question if you are truly in for getting a solution for the problem.

No idea, you need to answer that, quit tap-dancing around the answer. So now what's the solution? Getting Muslims to turn into secular, logical thinking human beings. Apostasy is the answer IMO.

It's not our responsibility to end this madness.The radicals broke the dishes and tipped over the china cabinet. We walk on the shards but it's not our duty to pick up their mess!

My momenetary lapse of reason was my religious phase. Why are you turning my question around on me? That's a cop out and a psychological ploy. I asked the question FIRST. Besides I'm not a Muslim.

The Guinness Book of World Records recognizes the University of Al Karaouine in Fez, Morocco as the oldest university in the world with its founding in 859.

And what did they study?

had individual faculties[8] for a theological seminary, Islamic law and jurisprudence, Arabic grammar, Islamic astronomy, early Islamic philosophy, and logic in Islamic philosophy.[5] wiki

Oh dear...oh dear... you can research yourself to find out just how amusing those concepts are..

this always makes me laugh.. :lol:

Islam advised Muslims to find ways of using the stars. The Qur'an says: "And it is He who ordained the stars for you that you may be guided thereby in the darkness of the land and the sea." On the basis of this advice Muslims began to develop better observational and navigational instruments

Just religious revisionism.. :geek:

Like saying Einstein discovery E=MC(2) because Moses told him to....via his 'magic' beard.

Besides.. Q,

China's Nanjing University (National Central University) was founded in 258 AD.

And what did they study?

had individual faculties[8] for a theological seminary, Islamic law and jurisprudence, Arabic grammar, Islamic astronomy, early Islamic philosophy, and logic in Islamic philosophy.[5] wiki

Oh dear...oh dear... you can research yourself to find out just how amusing those concepts are..

this always makes me laugh.. :lol:

Islam advised Muslims to find ways of using the stars. The Qur'an says: "And it is He who ordained the stars for you that you may be guided thereby in the darkness of the land and the sea." On the basis of this advice Muslims began to develop better observational and navigational instruments

Just religious revisionism.. :geek:

Like saying Einstein discovery E=MC(2) because Moses told him to....via his 'magic' beard.

Besides.. Q,

China's Nanjing University (National Central University) was founded in 258 AD.

Awww how 'bout that...lets see, the University of Oxford, founded 400 years later had a so much different curriculum: jurisprudence, philosophy and theology...roight...

That has nothing to do with religion, but with history. And there is where you should have looked to see that the university of Nanjing actually was a simple training center for civil servants until 1915, not a university. That is why it is not in the (Oh so Islamic) Guinness Book book of records as the oldest.

Awww how 'bout that...lets see, the University of Oxford, founded 400 years later had a so much different curriculum: jurisprudence, philosophy and theology...roight...

yep most probably so. yet still something happened, why did we advance so much?

I guess, Christianity isn't as bad as Islam in the long run.

That is why it is not in the (Oh so Islamic) Guinness Book book of records as the oldest.

Let me guess, Islam had the oldest know Guinness book of records... :huh:

yep most probably so. yet still something happened, why did we advance so much?

I guess, Christianity isn't as bad as Islam in the long run.

Let me guess, Islam had the oldest know Guinness book of records... :huh:

Now, if you really had bothered to look it up, you would have discovered that science actually was thought at the time at the philosophy faculty under natural philosophy... oh yes..that was also true in Fez...durn!