Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis

stevemagegod

And all this info is given to us by channeling lemurs? Good effort

These guys, cute innit?

lemur08.jpg

Lemuria : 0 - Reality : 1

Come on, the term Lemuria comes from the theory of the zoologist and biogeographer Philip Sclater in 1864. In said theory he even coined the name "Lemuria", for Pete's sake. This is what he wrote in his article :

The anomalies of the Mammal fauna of Madagascar can best be explained by supposing that... a large continent occupied parts of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans . .. that this continent was broken up into islands, of which some have become amalgamated with ... Africa, some ... with what is now Asia; and that in Madagascar and the Mascarene Islands we have existing relics of this great continent, for which ... I should propose the name Lemuria.

Lemuria : 0 - Reality : 2

Furthermore, according to the theory of plate tectonics, Madagascar and India were indeed once part of the same landmass (thus accounting for geological resemblances), but plate movement caused India to break away millions of years ago, and move to its present location. The original landmass broke apart - it did not sink beneath sea level.

Lemuria : 0 - Reality : 3

In 1999, drilling by the JOIDES Resolution research vessel in the Indian Ocean discovered evidence [1] that a large island, the Kerguelen Plateau, was submerged about 20 million years ago by rising sea levels. Samples showed pollen and fragments of wood in a 90 million-year-old sediment. Although this discovery might encourage scholars to expect similarities in dinosaur fossil evidence, and may contribute to understanding the breakup of the Indian and Australian land masses, it does not support the concept of Lemuria as a land bridge for mammals.

Lemuria : 0 - Reality : 4

The score count for Lemuria doesn't look to good right now.

The pyramids at Egypt were originally used as landing sites for the ancient ETs. Which supports Von Danikens claims

The pyramids at Egypt were originally used as landing sites for the ancient ETs. Which supports Von Danikens claims

LOL, you watched "Stargatë" and assumed it was a documentary.

There were pyramids in Mu. Now we want to clarify for you that we perceive Mu and Lemuria as the same place. Some people do not. The most ancient pyramids and civilizations on your planet were found in Lemuria. The pyramids in Lemuria were very similar to the ones we described as having been here forever as landing platforms. The ruins of those structures are deep under the Pacific Ocean. It is very unlikely that they will be discovered. They might not even be recognized if they were discovered.

Now during the times of both Lemuria and Atlantis, there were priests or oracles who could see the end of those civilizations coming. These priests or oracles made a commitment to carry the memory of these ancient civilizations into the future. There is a series of deep underground caverns that connect the various power spots in the world.

Throughout time, priests would travel these caverns to various areas on your planet to make sure that knowledge continued.

The Atlanteans planted knowledge in Egypt, Sumeria, Greece and other areas.

The Lemurians planted information in the areas that are now southeast Asia, South America, Mexico and the western United States, as well as other places.

There were pyramids in Mu. Now we want to clarify for you that we perceive Mu and Lemuria as the same place. Some people do not. The most ancient pyramids and civilizations on your planet were found in Lemuria. The pyramids in Lemuria were very similar to the ones we described as having been here forever as landing platforms. The ruins of those structures are deep under the Pacific Ocean. It is very unlikely that they will be discovered. They might not even be recognized if they were discovered.

Now during the times of both Lemuria and Atlantis, there were priests or oracles who could see the end of those civilizations coming. These priests or oracles made a commitment to carry the memory of these ancient civilizations into the future. There is a series of deep underground caverns that connect the various power spots in the world.

Throughout time, priests would travel these caverns to various areas on your planet to make sure that knowledge continued.

The Lemurians planted information in the areas that are now southeast Asia, South America, Mexico and the western United States, as well as other places.

If these pyramids of Mu cannot be discovered, then how do you know they even existed?

Al this is based on 'channeling', no facts, just fantasy.

steve, you don't seriously believe this do you?

Yes i no it sounds crazy but i do believe in all of this.

Seems all your info is from Lyssa Royal who got all her information from channeling. I'm afraid all that she puts out is bogus information that she will provide for a fee.

Bogus information, right you are.

These channelers let their mind wander, tap their unconscious, and create lovely stories.

Even though I think that some channelers create stunning philosophies and alternative histories, in the end they fail to prove anything they claim is fact.

And that is what I think: read their books as fiction.

But what do we see? People gobble it up because it these books create a much more interesting view on human history.

But more interesting is not equal to closer to the truth.

Most of the times these channeled books are the start of some sort of religion, and as religion goes, it only needs faith.

And we are here not discussing faith, but facts of history.

Bogus information, right you are.

These channelers let their mind wander, tap their unconscious, and create lovely stories.

Even though I think that some channelers create stunning philosophies and alternative histories, in the end they fail to prove anything they claim is fact.

And that is what I think: read their books as fiction.

But what do we see? People gobble it up because it these books create a much more interesting view on human history.

But more interesting is not equal to closer to the truth.

Most of the times these channeled books are the start of some sort of religion, and as religion goes, it only needs faith.

And we are here not discussing faith, but facts of history.

Don't forget Hope. That's a big hook in and of itself.

Don't forget Hope. That's a big hook in and of itself.

Hope? I think it's mainly boredom.

Why do you think people read books and watch movies about SciFi, horror, thrillers, romance?

They want to be entertained and forget about the boring lives they live.

Some, however, actually believe these stories and movies. Their situation apparently is much worse than mere boredom, and then you are right: hope, hope of us humans being so special even aliens will want to visit us and help us (now or in the past).

They cannot help themselves, so they expect help from 'super-beings'; they think that they and even their problems are so special, that their problems cannot be solved by their fellow man.

It's about ego and distrusting your fellow man.

Edited by Abramelin

I really do think that Atlantis is a reality which is like the Garden of Eden and some people like Edgar cayce belive that many of us are Atlantean souls reincarnated on Earth

I really do think that Atlantis is a reality which is like the Garden of Eden and some people like Edgar cayce belive that many of us are Atlantean souls reincarnated on Earth

It is doubtful that Edgar Cayce currently believes very much of anything. He died in 1945.

Hope? I think it's mainly boredom.

Why do you think people read books and watch movies about SciFi, horror, thrillers, romance?

They want to be entertained and forget about the boring lives they live.

Some, however, actually believe these stories and movies. Their situation apparently is much worse than mere boredom, and then you are right: hope, hope of us humans being so special even aliens will want to visit us and help us (now or in the past).

They cannot help themselves, so they expect help from 'super-beings'; they think that they and even their problems are so special, that their problems cannot be solved by their fellow man.

It's about ego and distrusting your fellow man.

In the beginning, for me reading became a hobby. Years later, it also helped pass the time while commuting to school on trains in the orient 3 hours each day. It was a given that most movies were not factual.

Realizing the possibility that something greater then oneself may exist is possibly one of the greatest steps in wisdom.

When one is truly honest with themselves, the first real step is to realize the state of knowing nothing. Albeit replete after years of education, all too often educated idiots become soup du jour. The ability to parrot memorized information and actually accomplishing something of worth with that information involving logic are diametrically opposed to one another all to often.

Wishing to know more in any venue is to be applauded imho. Yes, even if it's something we know all about, have heard the same question for the 10,000th time and if we hear it one one more time we shall rip the hair from our scalp and go on a week bender. Well ok, mabe a two day bender. None of us came to this planet knowing everything from the first breath. We all started somewhere, and as time goes on we trade up. I wonder how many hear love knowledge for knowledge's sake or just enjoy knowing "more" then the next chap. It's been my measly experience that knowledge once learned should be given away to make room for more knowledge. Keep this up long enough and I may gain wisdom to know what to keep and what to get rid of.

Abramelin, it is my honest belief that there is much more to reality then what is available in Universities and I have definitely experienced the fact that life has things to be learned that one would not find in school. In my humble opinion, there are two kinds of seekers. Those that are content with academics and all that has to offer and those that seek answers to life's questions that beleaguer them internally for understanding. Both sorts seek information and both are wired differently.

Hope is the understanding that there exists a possibility to know and experience more. I don't see it as Ego stroking or a mental stance that one is above another, nor can I view it as boredom.

Did you ever read those channeled books, StarLord?

Because that was what I was talking about.

And since Von Däniken was amongst the first ones to claim that, it's normal it would support his theory. Stargate, as a great show as it may be, is not based on reality, except for certain concepts and names given to certain characters in the plot line.

A bit convenient, no? Can't be found because on the bottom of the Pacific ocean. Sorry, but as far as I know, channeling is not a valid research method. It would have to be real for that.

Reincarnation is a rather philosophical topic, which in my opinion, does not really have it's place in this part of the forum. This said, there is as much proof of Atlantis, as there is of Mu or Lemuria, which is none, rien, nada, nichts, nougabolle.

Did you ever read those channeled books, StarLord?

Because that was what I was talking about.

That's a good question. Yes, I have read some of his books. I started off reading his medical sessions, what he prescribed to fix what sort of malady.

Point of information if I may, I don't think Edgar Cayce "channeled" in the sense you may be using. There is the channeling that the person known as Ramtha and other kitchen pychics perform. Of that I most times view either as dead on parlor tricks for dollars and part of the show to sell their books, or they have opened themselves up to what could be seen as a living Ouija board. Channeling for those folks I believe entail allowing another entity to use their body to express itself.

It is my understanding that being a psychic or clairvoyant on the level that Cayce was purported to have attained makes the fakes running behind him ludicrous in comparison, cheese to chalk. I doubt that Cayce "channeled". To be more specific, I believe the working concept was that Cayce had the ability to view people, events and situations from a much different level of view by way of removing himself from the physical body.

There in creates much consternation to the empirical world due to the fact that readily available evidence for ALL to subject various testing methods and verification processes are immediately hamstrung. I have never taken the time to count how many of his predictions have been spot on and how many have missed the mark.

I have never watched the show Stargate on TV and i don't get any of my ideas from that show. I just like to hear different ideas out there.

I hear ya, I truly do, in fact, when I joined UM I had similar ideas of what may be the case....but over time and through reading many links and those old fashioned things called books I found that many things are just not happening out there and never did...I will not say that aliens are not a possibility, they certainly could be, I even can go with Mu possibly having been a land mass in the Pacific, I never said continent and it is possibly apparently that the islands could have been larger and more of them that made a larger expanse of land...Edgar Cayce seems quite believable and may have been able to astro travel or however he received his info, I am not even going to write off God anymore...all because I just don't know.

But what I do know is the word Lemuria was created recently from the word Lemur and that Plato's Atlantis cannot be compared to Lemuria, you know, Plato actually was the first to come up with the concept of reincarnation...true.

I will ask you, just as I asked someone else...have you read Plato's 2 works about Atlantis and the message and story they convey? There is no magical crystals, levitating, alien space ships, landing pads in Egypt, South America or elsewhere. There is no King Neptune or Poseidon under the sea with his nice city of Atlantis with Atlantean souls lost in time....

Sure, Plato's version is not the be all and end all, we can see that Herodotus uses the term Atlantis Sea 100 years earlier than Plato so the area of the Atlantic was indeed known as the Atlantis Sea before Plato came along and placed it there.

We have had 2,500 years to distort Atlantis which is about the fall of man due to his excessive ways, it is about how the Gods will punish us if we become too immoral, the coming of what many see as Armageddon is comparable to the sinking of Atlantis, finding our spirit and acting in accordance with moral and humble ways is what will save us. The story of Atlantis is more like the Bible than anything else and if you view it this way you are more likely to get much more out of it than interesting stories about returning Lemurian and Atlantean souls and spaceships landing at the Great Pyramid. This is why it is such a powerful story and I can think of only one other that is comparable to the impact and effect the story of Atlantis had/has on us and can you guess what that other story could be?

I said it once, the Bible of course because the story of Atlantis is really the same and that is where I suggest you conduct your search on the story's meaning if you truly want to learn and grow and get Plato's message friend.

See, Atlantis is like the Garden of Eden...

Edited by The Puzzler

Excellent post Puzzler. Well expressed and most logical. The best explanation I've heard of the story of Atlantis.

Thank you dear Q, much appreciated and I just hope some take note... :tu:

As an interesting aside, it is noteworthy to remember that Plato, in his dialogues on Atlantis, mentioned the early peoples of that lost civilization once utilizing a mysterious ore called “orichalcum.” Plato recorded: “Orichalcum, which is now but seldom mentioned, but then was much celebrated, was dug out of the earth in many parts of the island, and was considered as the most honorable of all metals except gold.” Plato clearly described the material as “reddish” in color, “red-gleaming,” and of “fiery splendor”—all of which characterize refined red hematite.

As an interesting aside, it is noteworthy to remember that Plato, in his dialogues on Atlantis, mentioned the early peoples of that lost civilization once utilizing a mysterious ore called “orichalcum.” Plato recorded: “Orichalcum, which is now but seldom mentioned, but then was much celebrated, was dug out of the earth in many parts of the island, and was considered as the most honorable of all metals except gold.” Plato clearly described the material as “reddish” in color, “red-gleaming,” and of “fiery splendor”—all of which characterize refined red hematite.

Hematite (Fe203) (ferric oxide) is essentially base iron. Rather like a compacted rust. The color can vary, but it has a very dull, powdery appearance. This is the source of the oft used red ocher.

Orichalcum is (was) a material that I was unfamiliar with. A quick search reveals that the material was also mentioned by Josephus (Book XI) and Pliny the Elder, amongst others. The exact material would appear to be not fully verified, but most sources present a cupperous alloy, with brass/tin or copper/gold being amongst

the more common.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Alloy

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent.

This is part of the dialogue that Plato mentions in Timaeus. It's the first time i actually red the whole dialogue (as i have only red quotes from it).

What makes me wonder here, is this:

The ancient priest of Egypt, from whom Solon herd the story, is actually portraying an accurate picture of the whole world:

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles (meaning the strait of Gibraltar) ; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands (meaning the place where now lies the atlantic ocean), and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean (this can be literally a reference to the American continent and the pacific ocean); for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour (meaning that the mediterranean sea resembles a lake), having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea (meaning the pacific ocean), and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent (America again).

So how it's possible if this story is fiction that the priest knew about the atlantic ocean, the boundless continent of America and the pacific ocean? unsure.gif

Is this the original text?

Edited by innerverse