Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 Begining of new age

jel0sh

So now this thread has disintegrated into speculations about nothing. I recommend that this thread be locked unless something substantial is posted.

Uh no. The thread is doing quite fine.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinieblas

• stereologist

• Cynical Sounds

• Coffey

Not to sound too contradictory but I have a great hope that science and religion will stop trying to trounce each other and accept that they cover different aspects of what is.

Science is not trying to trounce religion in the slightest, it is indifferent to religion. The only issue is that some religious people don't like the fact that science occasionally contradicts religious ideals.

Science should not take religion into account when researching doing that leads to what was known as the dark ages. Science stagnates and can go backwards.

Edited by Mattshark

Just a thought here: Perhaps there is nothing "substantial" about all this 2012 stuff?

Y2K anyone? :D

That was a pretty "substantial" post, I happen to agree with. I find 2012 to be quite ephemeral even.

Science is not trying to trounce religion in the slightest, it is indifferent to religion. The only issue is that some religious people don't like the fact that science occasionally contradicts religious ideals.

Science should not take religion into account when researching doing that leads to what was known as the dark ages. Science stagnates and can go backwards.

Matty-boy! You know as well as I do that it is the spiritual which is indifferent to science fella :) You don't get a load of spiritual folks going onto science blogs and trying to assert how impotent and nebulous some scientific theory is do you? So who is trying to convince who mate? I don't think "we" are trying to convince "you".....take a look at who is simply hitting ideas out there on this thread and who is trying to convince people. Why is that? Try looking at some of these ideas on here from the viewpoint of quantum physics maybe.....?

Anyway folks, keep on hitting those ideas out there and see if we can come up with anything hey? Science has forgotten the old Symposia of the Great Minds of Ancient Greece....people would sit around, throw ideas out there and discuss them until they came up with something...today we have internet forums instead of Symposia :)

science stagnates and goes backwards when it decides that it knows everything and fails to even consider new ideas. Quantum physics is the closest science has come so far in agreeing with us for the first time in hundreds of years......a lot of what we talk about here will be explained by science one day....parallel worlds are already coming to be accepted, some human 'aura' energy is being studied...science is finally realising that we might be onto something but it will take time to fully agree with us....time will come when we all agree but that time is not quite yet....soon but not quite yet.

science stagnates and goes backwards when it decides that it knows everything and fails to even consider new ideas. Quantum physics is the closest science has come so far in agreeing with us for the first time in hundreds of years......a lot of what we talk about here will be explained by science one day....parallel worlds are already coming to be accepted, some human 'aura' energy is being studied...science is finally realising that we might be onto something but it will take time to fully agree with us....time will come when we all agree but that time is not quite yet....soon but not quite yet.

1. Your first statement is utterly wrong

2. No science is trying to agree with you or anyone else, it is trying to agree with observations

3. A lot of what is talked about here will be forgotten shortly

4. Parallel worlds? sorry no evidence

5. Human 'aura', sorry no evidence

6. Again science is not trying to agree with people's random musings

1. Your first statement is utterly wrong

2. No science is trying to agree with you or anyone else, it is trying to agree with observations

3. A lot of what is talked about here will be forgotten shortly

4. Parallel worlds? sorry no evidence

5. Human 'aura', sorry no evidence

6. Again science is not trying to agree with people's random musings

shessh! Someone got out on the worng side of bed this morning eh?!

ok *cracks knuckles* let me see....I can't let you see my library so the internet will have to do....

1. Now that's just mean; if it is wrong, you have to tell me why it is wrong, that's how debate works!

2. Science is more than looking things up on wiki or having an opinion, but about exploring facts and attempting to verify something not readily understood. Science is NOT about disproving anything as you seem to think but about proving and if you cannot prove it, investigating. Quantum physics appears to be a field you haven't studied sufficiently, I advise you to do so.

3. A lot of what we're talking about has been discussed for thousands, if not tens of thousands of years by minds greater than yours and still here, not going anywhere soon mate :)

4. Quantum Physics - Many Worlds New Scientist

5. Kirilian Effect(early days yet but starting to consider at last)

6. Random musings to you mate but not to the serious scientists who're supplying the data you read on wikipedia and misrepresent :) Go to a library with paper books and read them....you might be amazed. You see, my suggestion is this; go and read all the printed materials you can find on quantum physics and read them, absorb them and actually understand them. Seek out printed materials on spirtual beliefs, from modern ones to the ancient mythological. Once you've done this; I spent almost 15 years of study and studies on this; maybe you could do it in 10 if you're quick! Then you can come back to me and debate as someone who is actually educated and informed.

Y'see matey, I'm not "fringey" as you like to say here, but an actual scholar who has arrived at these conclusions the long and the hard way. :) Do me a favour and get better informed before you argue with me please. Ok, next!

science stagnates and goes backwards when it decides that it knows everything and fails to even consider new ideas.

Scientists know that they do not know everything. It is even clear that some things are not knowable. Your claim which you need to defend is simply wrong.

I suggest you understand that science is not trying to agree with opinions or conjectures, but with observations. I advise you to not make assumptions about me.

Tell me what sort of things have been discussed for tens of thousands of years, that's how debate works. :yes:

4. COnjecture

5. Kirlian effect is not aura, know about, even make my own photos years and years ago

science is finally realising that we might be onto something but it will take time to fully agree with us....time will come when we all agree but that time is not quite yet....soon but not quite yet.

conjectures and musings

Thanks for the bland answers - next please

Scientists know that they do not know everything. It is even clear that some things are not knowable. Your claim which you need to defend is simply wrong.

I suggest you understand that science is not trying to agree with opinions or conjectures, but with observations. I advise you to not make assumptions about me.

Tell me what sort of things have been discussed for tens of thousands of years, that's how debate works. :yes:

4. COnjecture

5. Kirlian effect is not aura, know about, even make my own photos years and years ago

conjectures and musings

Thanks for the bland answers - next please

My pleasure and your response is more than adequate thank you :)

You read all of that material rather quickly I see! My I am impressed with your 'abilities'!!

If all you can do is try to trash what I say, I'm not going to play. If you're going to present well balanced and researched arguments, I'm all ears. If I present serious scientific hypotheses and all you do is deny them, then I am not going to waste my time and yours, do your own research if you truly want to know, I'll not take over the spade-work for you. As I'm sure you know, a deal of today's science is conjecture, observation and hypothesis; anything related to physics is based upon conjecture of phenomena we cannot strictly observe in situ and applying mathematical formulae and models which we pretty certain are correct to them in order to make sense and apply this. As you'll surely know, such observations and theories are both accepted as that and it is the mathematics which other scientists accept, that the mathematics are sound and make sense, not the actual phenomena observed. Such phenomena are thus far unobservable, only their effects on things which we can observe. Same with the items we are discussing on the fora here, there are effects observed by some of us and conjectures/theories made, which are discussed with the hope of some concensus being made. But we are discussing, not proving. But denying for the sake of denial in itself is a pointless exercise.

Again, please do some research and then see if you can supply me with some serious arguments please. Quantum physics is serious science isn't it? Or are you telling me that it is also made up? Astrophysics? How about you use your knowledge of science to try and add to the conversation by suggesting possible explainations aside from "your imagination" which may explain these phenomenon?