Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People

Frankie Jr

I saw them all the time when I was a kid. I would leave my bedroom door open and you could see clear into the dark kitchen. He would always be near the sink.

anyone ever heard one of these beings make a chittering noise?

• 3 weeks later...

anyone ever heard one of these beings make a chittering noise?

Reminds me of a short story by Clive Barker The Yattering and Jack. The creature in the story never made a chittering noise but The name of the creature made me think it would. It was made into an episode of Tales from the Darkside. Its about a man being tormented by a demon. In the story the man does everything he can to ignore it and explain it away infuriating the tormentor to no end.

• 3 weeks later...

At one point last summer, me and a few friends went to a popular tourist attraction place, after midnight everynight. It is at the beach, and there is a 2 KM board walk bridge. One of my friend is very high sensitive to his environment. He can see Auras and he can also see things most humans can't. I.e. spirits, ghost, wtv you wanna call em.

Now we always went there after dark and walk the whole bridge just for exercises after i was done work at midnight.

However, every time we went, he said that the bridge was crowed with people, people that were just standing there, walking, but the thing is, no one was with us. He said that these people were not aware of our presence. But at one point of the bridge next to a swamp, there was something that we could all see. A shadowy person with a silhouette, and a hat. All black. (of course, it's a shadow) At the time I had read a bit on them, I have been a Paranormal investigator for 2 years.

I knew that they were being that created fear, so I classified them as potential Danger. Everyone of us, was scared. And I was concerned.

Another thing my friend was able to see is an aura of light around the bridge, making it impossible for a reason or another for the Shadow people to come on to it.

All it can be said is, I can't be sure that there was other beings on the bridge that were just fragments of another time, I have no proof for it myself. I don't know whether or not there was a protective aura on that bridge, i haven't seen it myself. But I can say, we all saw those shadow people.

According to my Friend, every time we went to my car, there would be one sitting on the passenger seat, and when we approached the car, it would disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

I do recall twice where I have experienced a shadow person.

The first time was about when I was in 7th grade I think. I was laying on the left of my bed on my side, I was facing the window. I turned over to get comfortable again and fall back asleep, when I did, I saw this black figure that looked like he had a coat with a hood covering his face. You could not believe how frightened I was at the time. I screamed at the top of my lungs. The figure stayed at the side of bed for a few more seconds before it, and I'm not kidding, faded away. At first, I, for some crazy reason, thought it was my grandmother, but then I remembered, people don't just disappear out of nowhere. Apparently, my grandparents heard me screaming and ran into my room. The rest of the night, I slept in my grandparents' room. For a whole month, I slept on the couch, refusing to go back into my room thinking I was going to get kidnapped to something. Of course, I eventually did begin to sleep there again, and I sleep in the same room to this day, but I every night I always get this strange feeling that someone is watching me. Sometimes I keep the light on and other times I just don't sleep until its three in the morning.

The second time I saw a shadow person was a few months after I saw the hooded shadow figure over my bed. This time, I was sitting on my couch in my living room watching tv with my grandfather. I stood up to go to the kitchen to get some water when I saw a full bodied man that was completely darken. The minute I noticed him, he turned towards the door that led to the hallway(I live in a building) and ran. I took my grandfather what I saw and he went to see if there was anyone outside. There wasn't.

What seems different to me from other acounts of shadow people is that I didn't see them out of the corner of my eye. I saw them right in front of me and clearly. I first thought the things I saw were ghosts and I didn't find out until recently that what I saw might have been shadow people.

Not to be too big a skeptic, but you had mentioned your father had a mental illness, and a lot of times, mental illnesses make you hallucinate. Even with a disorder like I have (bipolar) which doesn't normally make you see things vividly, I see stuff sometimes. Just a month ago or so, I was showering and thought I saw some kind of demonic figure in the shower curtain. I knew it wasn't real, but it still made me curl up in the corner in a fetal position, crying my eyes out. I've seen plenty of evil faces in the walls, wood tables, curtains, windows, floors, ceilings, everywhere. I'm the biggest skeptic in the world, and these "sightings" were so realistic, it screwed me up for weeks.

Just trying to offer an alternative suggestion. There are scenarios where people go years seeing / hearing things and have no clue these things are figments of the mind and nothing more. Ever see the movie A Beautiful Mind? I'm not trying to be a psychologist (no way), but this kind of thing has happened to me before and I know to just try to ignore it because deep down I know it's not real at all.

• 7 months later...

i had 2ish exprinces with shawdow people. and i saw what was under the so called hood to.

i was going to school as a freshmen in high school. and befor i made it to the bus stop a vorce wispred in my ear.

hay -----.(won't give out my name) instictly i swung at the voice with my arm and took off runing.

then the next day i saw a white bright figur siting on a tree stump. it look lke a girl and icoul barly make out the face. she was crying and a dark figur stood over another dark figur that look dead. the bright figur looked at me and said something i couldn't hear. and the dark figur that was standing picked up the other dark figur and the girl like figur tuned into a dark figur to i whatched as they walked away and dissapeared. the larger one carrying the one that layed on the ground. but the girl that looked all bright and turned into a dark figur did feel like she was a ghost or a human. she looked like she was a liveing being.

i don't know if they where shawdow people. but if so. i saw one that didn't have a hoof cloak on. please tell me what you think.

:sleepy: Wow umm yes you might be tripping, seeing shadows and vague figures walkin around is a form of schizophrenia and paranoia, so be sure to get yourself checked first. I personally have never seen of these shadow people but i've heard of them being discussed, many times on the radio.

Just a few days ago, I saw a person with black hood. It was like a grim repear without the scythe. I was like wtf, and I quickly went back up stairs. I saw it outside my house walking past. It had its arms crossed, walking slowly past. Needless to say I was instantly fearful.

I've had a lot of encounters with shadow people, unfortunately. Not to say these were enlightening encounters at least.

Over my lifetime, I've seen 5 apparitions. 2 of which were ghosts, 3 were shadow people. So I have a true story that happened to me that actually spanned from October 2009 to April 2010. Again this has actually happened to me, I don't like to lie.

Before I begin, there is a couple things that people should know about me. One, I am not psychic. Two, I suffer from an illness called migraine auras. Many of you may write off everything I've seen to these "migraine auras" but I know when I get one and I didn't have one when I saw these shadow people. But for those of you who feel the need to be skeptical, you may convince yourself otherwise.

I've actually written every encounter I've had down in my diaries, so I know exact dates and exactly what happened. Here we go.

On October 31st 2009, I was at a friend's house we were just hanging out, watching movies. since it was halloween. I came home the same night at about midnight and was tired. I decided to go straight to bed. I remember seeing 12:11 am on my alarm clock before I turned out the light. I felt fine and I fell asleep moments later. Then it seemed that my room got kinda hot during the night, I was facing the wall when I awoke and it was humid and hot and I actually had sweat on my forehead! I decided to roll over onto the other side of the bed, but I was stopped short because of a floating dark mass flying around in my room!

As anyone would be, I felt a mix between panic and confusion, the only thing I thought to do was stare at it more. Actually, I was just too scared to scream. I had a lot of time to register what I was seeing. The way I described it was "it looked like a black box with wirey tentacles and at the ends of these tentacles were flashes of yellow light, like it was multiple live wires all messed about and- it just too hard to describe"

So this thing, just floated around my room some more until it stopped approximately a foot and a half above my thighs as I was lying down and then all the lights on it went out and then it fell. It just fell on me. I freaked out then. Weirdly enough, when it fell, I felt nothing hit me at all. I flipped on all the lights in my room, scouring for this mysterious black box that had just disappeared into thin air.

I found nothing of course.

Nothing happened for a while until the night of the 6th of January 2010. This is the time where I was beginning to believe that what I saw on the 1st of November wasn't actually there. But here's what happened, after the time I saw the box, I promised myself, that the next time I saw one, I would talk to it, or at leaast try to get some answers out of it somehow.

On the 6th of January, the same scenario occurred only my diary says it was about quarter to twelve when I went to bed. Again, I woke ap about an hour later, hot and sweaty for no reason I turn over, but instead of a box, I see a figure of a person in my closet who begins walking closer to my bed. I was really scared, but I remembered my head and said the first thing I could think of. I said "Who is it" I didn't really give it the tone of a question. But the moment it heard what I said, it stopped right next to me and remained motionless, standing in the middle of my room. I couldn't even see the dresser behind him anymore. Anyways, I flipped up the curtains next to my bed and the streetlight filled the room and it wasn't there anymore.

The next day, my best friend wasn't at school and I really wanted to tell him about it. When I talked to him on msn that night I tried telling him, but then he phoned me, telling me he was attacked by one that same night.

I have another experience that took place in April of this year, but I think I should let people digest what I have just written.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 13 years old and about 2 years ago, I've started seeing shadow people. But I only found out about them afew days ago.

I was always scared in the dark alone. And I didn't no who or what it was.

I really want to no why it follows me and what it wants. It's theres away to get it to stop following me it would help out alot...

I'm 13 years old and about 2 years ago, I've started seeing shadow people. But I only found out about them afew days ago.

I really want to no why it follows me and what it wants. It's theres away to get it to stop following me it would help out alot...

I wish I knew what they wanted too.

If you don't like them try telling them to go away politely. They can be very scary sometimes, but try to ignore that part. I find that the moment they touch light of any kind, they just disintegrate. Maybe keep a flashlight next to you.

Good luck!

From what I know, "shadow people" is the nondescript name given to a nondescript concept of a nondescript event.

Basically the gist is this. Ever see something out of the corner of your eye, something so quick it didn't really have time to register as anything specific, but when you turned to look at it nothing was there? It happens all the time to most people. Sometimes something really did just flit past--like the shadow of a bird. But more often than not it's just your brain playing tricks on you. Your brain actually registers something that is not there, often beyond what you would normally be able to perceive anyway. It's just a normal error in perception. It is most likely to happen in heavily shadowed areas or places in low light--places where your brain has to work extra hard to pick out any sort of pattern or meaning from your surroundings.

People who tend to look for the most outlandish explanations in everything claim that those litte "errors" are actually peeks into an alternate reality/dimension inhabited by beings outside our normal realm of perception--i.e. the Shadow People.

Kind of a creepy idea, but one which is absolutely unfounded. It is by far the less likely explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Shadow People my entire life. I always see them when I am at work. I have never seen them at home, or in public places. The figure is wearing a black robe with a hood. I have never seen the beings eyes or facial features. I catch them out of the corner of my eye.

I've heard about them but I have never seen any makes me wonder if they even exist

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here heard of 'The Jinn'. You can Google it. The Jinn are also in Wikipedia.

I've heard about them but I have never seen any makes me wonder if they even exist

I did not believe that they existed either... until I saw them. If you are in great pain or turmoil...they will show up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Shadow People my entire life. I always see them when I am at work. I have never seen them at home, or in public places. The figure is wearing a black robe with a hood. I have never seen the beings eyes or facial features. I catch them out of the corner of my eye.

Why do you catch them out of the corner of your eye?

Most or most likely all these things people see are due to vision problems. Speaking from experience, i was seeing shadows or smoke in my peripheral vision, from the corners and even from the top where i would look up but once my eyes focused it disappeared and sure enough i had a vision problem. It should be well documented but i dont think it is yet.

One time my brother and some friends of his were walking down a suburban road at night. My brother saw something that was like a shadow of a person near a driveway but there was no one there. After he saw it one of his friends said "that's strange," and they both confirmed that they had seen the same thing. I can't say much more about it since I wasn't there, but it was definitely creepy.

I Once woke up in the middle of the night and a dark figure was standing over me i was frozen in fear and a feeling of dread and i couldnt even yell out or move and all of a sudden i passed out and woke up the next day what the hell

I did not believe that they existed either... until I saw them. If you are in great pain or turmoil...they will show up.

i think they are attracted to depression low vibrations from a persons feelings. when i seen one it wasnt in the corner of eye for all the people thinking that, it was right in front of me. first thought it was my sister but it was just standing there in the dark looking all badass.

I have no idea what they are.

I have seen one, it was about a year ago, and it looked pretty much like the Grim Reaper, but without the scythe; A pitch black, hooded shadow. I was standing in the middle of this field at night when I saw the shadow on the ground, gliding past me. I found this weird, because there was nobody around who the shadow could belong to. So I ran after it out of curiosity (it was ridiculously fast, hard to keep up with).

When I got off the field, I couldn't see it anymore. So I just stood there and looked around, and then I saw it again, over by the forest next to the field, but this time it wasn't just a shadow on the ground, it was floating in mid-air. I stared at it for like two seconds, then it suddenly moved insanely quickly sideways across the field and vanished.

Edited by Chronii

• 1 month later...

Why do you catch them out of the corner of your eye?

Most or most likely all these things people see are due to vision problems. Speaking from experience, i was seeing shadows or smoke in my peripheral vision, from the corners and even from the top where i would look up but once my eyes focused it disappeared and sure enough i had a vision problem. It should be well documented but i dont think it is yet.

You do not catch them out of the corner of your eye. Either you see them or you do not see them. And when you see them, there is no doubt. This is not a vision problem, I assure you.

Apparently, so I am told, there is one assigned to each person. Their job is to watch us. Do not fear them but at the same time, they are not your friend and we are not supposed to talk to them and vice versa. Prayer will make them go away. No matter what religion you are... pray. And, if you can afford it, always leave the lights on. You can look up more information about them yourself on the net. They are called the jinn.

i think they are attracted to depression low vibrations from a persons feelings. when i seen one it wasnt in the corner of eye for all the people thinking that, it was right in front of me. first thought it was my sister but it was just standing there in the dark looking all badass.

LOL. I love that... "just standing there looking all badass."