Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People

Frankie Jr

I thought I've posted on this thread before.. but, it must've been the larger shadow people thread. :ph34r:

Anyway, I have had many sightings.

Sometimes, when I walk around at night-usually around 11 or 12, I see hooded beings soaring through the air above me. I'll cough these up to my perception. I'm not saying they were real, but i'm sure I've seen them up there.

Anyway, I was sitting my house and the source of light was the streetlight near the end of my driveway. I was staring off into the woods in my backyard, when I saw a shadow person run by. It was hooded, and didn't seem to want to be seen. It couldn't have been a person, because no one ran behind me or I would've heard them due to the gravel in my driveway. No one ran in front of me either. And, I heard no footsteps.

Just thought I'd share again. I have quite a few accounts to tell, but I'll save it for when I'm not so busy. :yes:

Good day.

I believe they are reamnants of spirit energy left behind by people. That's just my opinion to be honest

It was after midnight, and my and a few buddies went to walk at a boardwalk near a very popular beach in my area. Over 1000 people walk this boardwalk every day. Anyways it was passed midnight and the only people there was me and my 3 other buddies.

The bridge is about 2KM long. One of my buddy is hyper sensitive and he claimed that he could see people all over the place walking on the bridge despite that we were alone. He said these "spirits" could not notice us, but they look like just pass reamnants of people who were there before. Like the fregment of the past.

Anyways it was pretty creepy at first, but when walking back to my car, all of us noticed a Man like figure, all black, with a feidora type hat. It did not seem to notice us, but it felt threatning. It felt evil. It was blocking our path, but when we walked closer, it disappeard. Walking again to my car, i could have sworn one was sitting in the passenger seat of my car, but at that point my imagination and fear must have made me hillucinate, cause i was the only one that noticed this.

• 1 year later...

I see shadow people almost every night walking or running in the hallway sometimes i'll even see 3 to 4 at once. Sometimes their so active it jolts me a little most times they don't bother me but, when they get right up on me and i can feel them it's to close for comfort! They just look like a normal human shadow without the human if that makes any sense. I sometimes wonder if these shadow people are linked to shadow demons-(daeva) or maybe some kinda kinetic energy like a thought form-(tulpa/servitor)?

great. now i have to let the dog sleep with me tonite. shouldnt have read this before bed...

Apparently, so I am told, there is one assigned to each person. Their job is to watch us. Do not fear them but at the same time, they are not your friend and we are not supposed to talk to them and vice versa. Prayer will make them go away. No matter what religion you are... pray. And, if you can afford it, always leave the lights on. You can look up more information about them yourself on the net. They are called the jinn.

Where did you find that they are called jinn? Cause I've read up on jinns and they are definately not nice. These things are evil. I definately agree no one should ever try to talk to these shadow people or any ghost or spirit for that matter. My grandma always told me they are there but if you ignore them and pray they will go away and that has seemed to work for me.

In my experience, they aren't Djinn, but spirits stuck on this plane. The reason you can't see them is likely 1 of 3 reasons: You have power, but not enough to see them properly, you have latent power that you have never trained, or it is a person with a reason to find you. people with a reason to find you are often passed friends/ family trying to care for you on their own way, they can also be strangers who have seen you see them and now want help. 99% of the time they are not malevolent at all. they just want help/to help and don't realise they are worrying you. speak to them, ask them what they want, and if you can help.

I saw shadows for about 6 months when I was 16. I was going through some trouble. I meet a little girl named Catherine who drowned in a flood about 85 years ago. we were able to help each other. she gave me someone to speak to, and I helped her cross over. she still visits occasionally, accompanied by my totem animals, a falcon and a snake.

don't worry about it being a Djinn. if it was a djinn, your old injury sites would start aching really badly when you saw it, especially in your legs.

I hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen Shadow People my entire life. I always see them when I am at work. I have never seen them at home, or in public places. The figure is wearing a black robe with a hood. I have never seen the beings eyes or facial features. I catch them out of the corner of my eye.

This post reminds me of the movie Vanishing on 7th Street, where the dark (shadows) come to claim humans.

Anyhow, I know what you're referring to. I've seen a black figure in my peripheral vision before. Typically at my grandmother's house. I lived there for 14 years. I would periodically see it pass down the hall. I told my aunt about it. She said that she had seen it several times as well. As for this figure wearing a robe, I have no idea. All I ever saw was black.

- T

• 5 weeks later...

I saw them when I stopped sleeping for a long time, it was weird cause my friend saw them too.. She wasn't sleeping much either and I saw one on the stairs but kept quiet cause I didn't want her to think I was crazy, then she confessed that she could see something on the stairs. It was weird.

A Shadow Person, also known as a Shadow People is seen by one member in the family. My cousin has the same problem as you. They are ghosts pretty much, they are shaped as a black form. Only one person in the family sees them, and that of course is you.

While all of the theories on this thread could be explanations, I feel I must put another in. Seeing shadow people or shadow creatures has been linked to schizophrenia. Before one looks to put a supernatural spin on something, if one is seeing these things, they should get themselves checked out first. At least for safety sake. The possibility of it being supernatural could be the case, but better to be certain of natural occurences first.

• Like 1

I'm only chiming in to testify that Shadow People are real. This is not to say that evryone who thinks they see one are indeed seeing one, but for the most part most that do see one are indeed seeing one.

• Like 1

While all of the theories on this thread could be explanations, I feel I must put another in. Seeing shadow people or shadow creatures has been linked to schizophrenia. Before one looks to put a supernatural spin on something, if one is seeing these things, they should get themselves checked out first. At least for safety sake. The possibility of it being supernatural could be the case, but better to be certain of natural occurences first.

I agree with you 100%. But, I have conducted controled experiments in controlled areas of saturation, and I know for a fact they are real.

Now as far as if every sighting is real, I would say that your summery holds very true. I once had a very dear friend who kept telling me that someone was behind him at work all of the time watching him work. My friend was blind and his basis for such beliefs were nothing more than a gut feeling. I had a sighted friend who worked within ten feet of my blind friend and he told me that there was indeed no person in the work area exept them two at all times. When I informed my blind friend of the reality that there was never a third person in the room he told me that I was wrong. He would not even listen to his co-worker on the matter. Within two years my friend developed into a full blown diagnosed schizo. His life went to hell in a hand basket and he became so far moved from reality that no one could explain reality to him. Within six months he hung himself.

Off topic? No. Some people see things (and believe it) that are not really there as Meiliken points out.

(edit due to typo)

Edited by XLR8

• 2 months later...

i seen a shadow person standing next to our hallway wall. afew weeks later my great uncle passed.

just a few nights after my mom passed i seen her standing outside her bedroom door..she was happy and healthy and standing.

b4 she passed she was in a wheelchair with only her right leg.hadn't seen her since.i will always remember the glow she had around her when i seen her.she was smiling so i guess she loved the ultrasound pic i put in her hands.she seen the pic b4 she passed and she was sooo happy to be a 1st time grandma. we have a dark shadow dog running around that moved with us from s.c. to calif.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think maybe that they could just be appearing in the corners of your eyes and only in your perepheral vision to work your Nerves, I mean they could be melevolent entities and that could be the extent of what there capable of doing on this plane of existence, I mean that is of course if they are inter dimensional biengs. Just a thought

By the way Meiliken your avatar Is KICKASS!!!!!

• 11 months later...

i seen a shadow person standing next to our hallway wall. afew weeks later my great uncle passed.

just a few nights after my mom passed i seen her standing outside her bedroom door..she was happy and healthy and standing.

b4 she passed she was in a wheelchair with only her right leg.hadn't seen her since.i will always remember the glow she had around her when i seen her.she was smiling so i guess she loved the ultrasound pic i put in her hands.she seen the pic b4 she passed and she was sooo happy to be a 1st time grandma. we have a dark shadow dog running around that moved with us from s.c. to calif.

Years ago I lived in a shed in the backyard of my house & rented rooms out to friends to help with the mortgage.I had quite a few "incidences" before this story but won't tell them now.My girlfriend & I went to bed & her son was staying in the house in a spare room for the night.I woke in the morning to find the son in bed with us.When I asked he said that while he was in the lounge room he could see a silhouette of a man at the door watching him but when he turned to look no one was there.After this happened a few times he left the house & came out back with us.He would never stay at my house after dark again.A week later his mother saw the silhouette at the end of our bed.I saw it too & told it to go away,that it didn't belong here.Never saw it again.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be rude but i myself have seen these figures, but i couldnt see them until i died when i was little. They dont look like the normal things my family members were use to seeing. So i have to ask did you ever die? Do they ever look at you when they see that you notice them? Are they fallowing a person around?

wait. did you die and come back to life? or are you a ghost. cause they may be either angels or demons, trying to get you to go back

• 1 month later...

The Shadow People have been spotted several times in recent years. While some have spotted them only once in a lifetime, there are people who see them all the time (you aren't alone Frankie Jr!). There are a lot of theories as to who they are, some say they are interdimensional beings, while others call them time traveller from our future. Some call them demons and some even ghosts. You can see my blog post for a fantastic article on the shadow people here: http://allaboutoccult.blogspot.in/2013/06/shadow-people.html. You can also start a discussion on the shadow people on my blog using the comment section after the post.

• 3 weeks later...

Just gonna throw a theory out there;

These entities could be from a different dimension than ours and its because of this is why those who have encountered them have apparently contracted physiological and psychological conditions due to some-kind-of side-effect caused by...Eh...Something...Uh...Don't know what the word is...Well its basically an effect an entity has on those of the dimension it does not originate from when present in that dimension(the one it doesn't originate from)

Its very complicated. An that which I don't know, leave much to be desired.

Has anyone here heard of 'The Jinn'. You can Google it. The Jinn are also in Wikipedia.

The jinn come from the middl east. Demons or spirits of particularly bad dispositions.

I don't see how this has anything to do with Shadow people.

As for Shadow people, I've seen my share of them. Many times, although usually at night, I have seen them. Call them what you will, as I'm sure in each individual case, the individual seeing may be right about who/what they are. In my experiences, they are things you really don't want to see. Let alone deal with. They can cause misfortune, sickness and all around bad luck. Never have I ever received a "good" vibe from these entities. The friends I have that have seen them as well, have also described a "bad" vibe about them. If you see them once in a while and don't get a "bad" vibe, I think you'll be okay. On the other hand, you may want to do some research on how to protect yourself as best you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you draw what you think they look like? I think it would help.

So far, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about it. If you say that you only saw "them" but the corner of your eye, them it could simply just be an illusion (like Spend said). That would be logic, but I know, by experience, that it's not because something is logic that it is true. I'd like more details of your stories (and other people's as well), so we can really find what is really happening.

So far, I'd say that there's a 70% chance it's just an illusion, 25% chance it is "shadow people", and 5% chance it has anything to do with your father's mental illness (that you could have inherit).

I think you hit the nail on the head. There is more that is going on in that house and or family.

Sounds like the description of the demons in the "Ghost" movie staring Patrick Swaze, you know, they came when a bad person died and drug them off to hell?